Forum Post: SUSPEND US CONGRESS for TWO YEARS, they don't use War powers, don't pass a Budget, National Referendum
Posted 1 year ago on Oct. 8, 2012, 1:04 a.m. EST by Middleaged
This content is user submitted and not an official statement
The Gist is that the US Congress gets the US into Trouble, Receives Many Gifts, Accepts Foreign Lobby Dollars, Takes Money from Wealthy, Corporations, PACs and Soft Money Organizations. And it looks like War is a Racket. War is pushed by Lobbyist. War is an industry and a Business. Plus, of course, there is not "Clear Direction" in US Foreign or Domestic Policy other than doing whatever Wall Street wants. Congress sees 'No Evil':
1) Libor Scandal was no Crime
2) Sub-Prime Mortgage Scandal was no Crime
3) Naked Short Selling and Price Fixing through Computers was no Crime
4) Deregulation of Banks was not the cause of global Financial Crisis
5) Financial Crisis of 2008 was not a Crime
6) The Dot Com Crash of 2000 did not represent a need for Strong US Ratings Agencies and Strong US Independent Auditing Agencies and Auditing Rules.
7) The fact that 1000 people were prosecuted in the Savings and Loan Scandal of the 80-90s does not represent the need for Regulations.
8) There is no need for Glass-Steagal Act or separation of Banks.
9) There is no problem with TBTF Banks being to big to go to jail.
10) Yes, there was a lie told to the run up to the IRAQ War, but there is no problem with US Decision Making.
NO ONE is going to Miss Congress except for the Lobbyist!!
I think it is a great IDEA. Suspend Congress for 2 years. No Pay. No Travel Reimbursement Either. Let the elected Reps sit at home. It is easy to make the case that most of us won't know the difference. Only negative is a positive - with continuing resolution authority the Federal Budget won't increase and No Major Programs will be created.
Let President Obama and the Department of Justic take the Heat from the Media, US Citizens, and Foreign Agencies. Let's see how Congress likes to sit on the "Sidelines" and how agency Directors like answering to the Public all on their own, taking full responsiblity, and having no one in Congress to blame.
The President is using war powers now. This means there is No Risk to National Security. We don't need Congress.
Because most of us are Stakeholders and we sense the Uselessness and Horror of WAR as well as the Hardship of refugees...Suspend US Congress 2 Years.
And it looks like we are Headed to War again, because Businesses are Bored, Coffers are Low, there is a General Malaise in Business, and the Isrealis have a bug up their Butt.
Noam Chomsky is always worth the read for his command of the language.
One of the first actions should be to dismiss the US Senate and House of Represenatives for the Next 2 years to prevent Useless, Costly, Human Misery of War.
Quote from Chomsky Article and Voice of America reflects recent Senate Action:
"The Senate just voted 90-1 to support the Israeli position."
So we need a National Referendum to Suspend the US Senate and US House of Representatives and Censure the US Senate Vote above. I think that means we would need a General Election to pass such a Vote. Obviously we would have to Petition to get a General Election to take this action against the US Senate. Think about it, If Congress is out of Session MAYBE there is no reason for Lobbyist to continue to "Give" money until they are Nearly back in Sesson. The power to Legislate is the only Power that Lobbyist Need??
1) Libertarians should support this. 2) Tea Party should supprt this. 3) OWS should support this. 4) Socialist, Anti-war, Anti-nuc, Anti-Empire, Anti Military Expansion, and all Human Rights organizations, The Legue of Women Voters, The Green Party, Hollywood, New York City, NAACP, Green Peace, and the Sierra Club should all Support this. 5) NATO should support this. 6) The UN Should support this. 7) The EU should suppor this.
So Pass the Word????
And you can find plenty of support for this from accross the US Political Spectrum.
A) Mike Gravel former Senator, says US like war hungry Drunk. Very refreshing to hear from a politician. He says leave Iran alone. He sounds like an OWS Protester when it comes to Corporations.
B) Micheal Scheuer, ex-CIA analyst, Washington Creates Enemies and is creating new Generation of Enemies. Israel Lobby drags US into War.
Original article found at Informationsclearinghouse: