Forum Post: Why we can never go with republicans, Must Teach Kids Individual, Civil, and Bill of Rights, Progressive Ideas
Posted 1 year ago on Oct. 5, 2012, 7:26 p.m. EST by Middleaged
This content is user submitted and not an official statement
Yes, I've heard that the left is not good for Jobs or for Business. You will hear this from people on the Right and Business people. And I consider myself a kind of Fiscal Conservative. But we know there are democrats in business and government. I think we are looking at an over simplification, a generalization. You might say this is Propaganda or an attempt to control the narrative. Re-Frame your thinking. They want you to Fear, but you have to trust your fellow man. If you believe in the good in man, then you have to believe and put your "Faith" in Democracy and in the Left.
Is there any truth in the statement that there are those on the Left that really don't care about people, jobs, and business? Could it be that Wealthy Leftists have had some big plans for America that don't always involve providing high paying Jobs. As you say The Right has been the one to Claim to Support "JOBS".
But I think we should examine these Ideas.
1) I think Democrats have always been the Champion of common people (until they started taking corporate Money under Clinton).
2) I think Most Middle Class and Poor and Immigrants and Blacks have been Left of Center or Democratic or at least Appreciated Medicare, Medicaid, Health Care and Social Security.
3) Workers Rights, Miners Rights, Civil Rights, Safety Rights have all been Deomcratic or Leftist Issues or Union Issues.
4) Democrats and Individual Rights advocates have always been grass roots (of the common People).
5) Republicans seem to have a Legacy of Big Business, Slavery, Corporate Rights, Lobby Rights, Defense Spending, defense Lobbying, Defense business, Oil Business, energy business, Out Sourcing, Off Shoring, Tax Loopholes, defense of wealthy to the IRS.
6) Corporations don't take care of people - they resist any extra expenses or costs to the bottom line. As costs for Safety or Health go up - Corporations go Off Shore and Out Source.
7) Unions did get strong and hurt profits when executives made very bad deals that drove production overseas (bad executives).
8) Republicans and the Right don't take responsibility for human and individual rights as well as blame Unions and Subsidies for the High Cost of Government programs and poor executive decisions.
9) The Fact is that Defense Spending and War Spending has driven the Federal budget into the dirt. And the Right will never admit it. And they willnever raise taxes to pay for the department of defense Spending.
Yes, I trust the Left, Democrats who are common people, and even trust Socialist more than I trust Big Money Interests, the Right, War Mongers, Isreali Lobbyist, and Republicans.
After all Financial Schemes come through Business Plans. And don't forget how "Corrupting Long Range Strategic Planning" can be if it doesn't have Ethical Goals and ethical statements build into Mission Statements, Objectives, and Goals.