Posted 1 year ago on Sept. 30, 2011, 1:55 p.m. EST by RedneckBob
from Austin, TX
This content is user submitted and not an official statement
I'm sure you get tons of suggestions, but here are two that I believe worth considering.
Official Spokesperson - I've worked in and around organizing groups for the past couple of years and they always have an official spokesperson. This spokesperson is doing interviews with the local news stations, local radio, local news papers and national news stations, national radio, and national news papers.
If such a person exists, I've not seen them.
They should be professional looking and extremely articulate. This is the face of your organization and gives main stream media material so maybe they won't focus on the drum circle hippies.
Press Conferences - Announce a press conference. Invite everyone, pass out fliers, make calls, harness the internet. We don't give a shit if main stream media shows up or not, because it'll be broadcast live on the web. The clips of the press conference will be popular and spread all over.
Get your official spokesperson, put them behind a podium, and do this (4-5 minutes max):
- Introduce themselves
- Give a brief history of the movement
- Read list of grievances
- Get a podium to stand in front of (attach the official OccupyWallstreet logo on the podium if possible)
- Some lights if possible, we want this to look professional
- Get two official OccupyWall street people to take video. We need quality tripod video with good audio, not some handheld shit.
- Figure out how to stream it live
- Immediately post clips on site for distribution
(how do you format posts?)