Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: West Coast 12/12 Port Blockade!

Posted 12 years ago on Dec. 9, 2011, 2:46 p.m. EST by Crimpson11 (1) from Weaverville, CA
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

Hold a second. New York Harbor is a major port as well? I really hate to say this but you guys are getting your asses kicked all up and down wall st. Why hasn't there been a call to occupy the east coast's major source of commerce? I think it's time to step it up again. Rally the streets and march to the ports on 12/12 !

4 Comments

4 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 1 points by Crimpson11 (1) from Weaverville, CA 12 years ago

There's apparently not enough communication than if there's this much disagreement about this.

[-] 1 points by Frizolio (80) 12 years ago

Thus we have the end of OWS movement approaching fast. Port Blockades would be a monumental mistake.

[-] 0 points by theaveng (602) 12 years ago

Because the only people hurt by locking ports is the Shipping Staff who don't get paid when the port is blocked. You are hurting the 99%

I can tell you right now, that shipping staff were very patient last time (when Oakland was blocked). If Occupy Oakland blocks it a second time I don't think they'll appreciate it losing a day's pay. I would not be surprised if some of theworkers pressed-down the accelerator and ran their car directly through the crowd in order to reach their jobs (and pay)

[-] 1 points by gnomunny (6819) from St Louis, MO 12 years ago

Rumor has it the Oakland dock workers are somewhat in agreement with the idea of blocking the ports on 12/12. Apparently, their contract forbids them from striking (WTF?) so the blockage would be a proxy strike. That's what I read here a few nights ago anyway.