Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: We the 99% desire the world of 100%

Posted 12 years ago on Jan. 21, 2012, 12:30 p.m. EST by alterorabolish1 (569)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

Recently I've heard many times that America should be for all 100% instead of dividing the country between the 99% and the 1%. They call this class warfare.

Unfortunately, the 1% continue to insist on their form of inequality causing the 99% to resort to force. A non violent revolution is apparently necessary..

What does democracy look like? Voting. The voting process we have now does not allow for democracy because we are only given the opportunity to vote for the lessor evil! More of the same! How can we change that?

Why can't "Change the Political Process" be on the ballot along with candidates names?

5 Comments

5 Comments

Read the Rules

[Deleted]

[-] 1 points by beautifulworld (23772) 12 years ago

Voter fraud is not an important issue. There is very little voter fraud. It is a red herring used by the Republican party to attempt to disenfranchise huge swaths of likely Democratic voters, African Americans, the elderly and students.

[-] 1 points by alterorabolish1 (569) 12 years ago

I understand voter fraud allegations are being used to hinder registration and I am against that aspect.

The 1% would certainly use voter fraud in our elections if they could. Isn't that why 120,000 people in Russia protested? We must keep the trust that still remains in our elections. It won't be difficult if we insist on transparency.

[-] 1 points by AFarewellToKings (1486) 12 years ago

Hi : ) I'm guessing you are replying to Matt. Use the reply button so folks don't think you're agreeing with yourself, even though you may ; ) It makes it easier to follow the threads. thx

[-] 2 points by alterorabolish1 (569) 12 years ago

You're right, my mistake, thx.

[-] 1 points by MattLHolck (16833) from San Diego, CA 12 years ago

with internet voting

people could propose issues and people could vote on them by name

internet petitions already exist though not taken seriously

where people sign their names the results are verifiable