Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: We all get $250,000 each from "THE" rich settlement

Posted 12 years ago on Nov. 14, 2011, 4:46 p.m. EST by mynameismoe (153)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

You spend your $250,000 and I dont. Will you expect me to share MY $250,000 with you? and then,, and then and then? You will be poor again and I will be rich in your eyes. Where did all this get us?

10 Comments

10 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 2 points by foreverleft (233) 12 years ago

Democracy ends when the non-productives discover they can vote themselves the property of the productives.

[-] 2 points by sickmint79 (516) from Grayslake, IL 12 years ago

This is a variant expression of a sentiment which is often attributed to Tocqueville or Alexander Fraser Tytler, but the earliest known occurrence is as an unsourced attribution to Tytler in "This is the Hard Core of Freedom" by Elmer T. Peterson in The Daily Oklahoman (9 December 1951): "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits with the result the democracy collapses because of the loose fiscal policy ensuing, always to be followed by a dictatorship, then a monarchy."

[-] 2 points by roscoesdad27 (106) from Aberdeen, MD 12 years ago

I don't have a problem with you being productive, I have a problem with you buying my government.

[-] 0 points by ronjj (-241) 12 years ago

AND using my money to do so

[-] 1 points by bigbangbilly (594) 12 years ago

But not the productive's productiveness. It is more like taking the fish instead of stealing the knowledge of fishing.

[-] 1 points by ronjj (-241) 12 years ago

OR, when the workers-employees within the Federal Government (may be the same non-productive you mention in your post- and before all the government workers jump on me-I have been a government worker DC to the far southwest) can swing a vote simply by being in the majority. And this scares me just as much if not more.

And what percent of the posters on here are really, in one way or another, promoting bigger goverment as the solution to what will appear as a very minor problem with the banksters when they get to be the majority. - BE CAREFUL what you ask for, your next boss may be a driving a car provided by the General Services Administration (he will look cheap in that Ford or GM but believe me, it is going to cost more than you can imagine.)

For proof of this statement, read through the posts and pick out any one advocating a major change in economics, income distribution, school funding, banks, corporations, etc etc. and ask if the government, in some way or the other, would not have to be involved to successfully implement what is called for. OWS may be a LEADERLESS ORGANIZATION (those two words do not really go together do they) but the government does just not operate that way. There plan is to have leaders of the leaders of the leaders to no end.

I am not simply going to divide my money by 300,000,000 and give you all a few cents. If, I am going to do that, I expect some pretty good government accountants to figure it all out for me, collect the money due, take their fair share and pass the rest out in a very, very equitable manner with appropriate adjustments for need, place of residence, number in the family, number in the family currently unemployed, number in the family that don't care and so on. AND I would like this to be done through an application process of about 25 pages per person.

[-] 0 points by Redmist11b (17) from Montauk, NY 12 years ago

I think Franklin or Jefferson said something very similar to that, and we are seeing those words ring true.

[-] 0 points by agnosticnixie (17) from Laval, QC 12 years ago

Neither.

[Removed]

[-] -1 points by mynameismoe (153) 12 years ago

You got some bad weed dude.

[Removed]

[-] -1 points by mynameismoe (153) 12 years ago

I still have my money. I'm rich.