Posted 3 years ago on Feb. 12, 2014, 10:13 a.m. EST by ZenDogTroll
from South Burlington, VT
This content is user submitted and not an official statement
I've been saying the NSA program is simply going to move into the private sector - but how can we know?
How can we know?
It really isn't that difficult. Private sector surveillance that is every bit as extensive as that conducted by the NSA is and has been underway for quite some time, it takes place in your own home.
It's right in front of you
and you don't say a word. Cookies. They form the basis for the algorithms that select which ad to place on many of the web pages you visit. Advertising selected on the basis of your own behavior. TARGETED ADVERTISING. It does seem innocuous. Yet it provides a much more detailed picture of who you are than that meta data the NSA is collecting and against which we are now raising our voice.
The NSA programs designed to harvest data were written by the private sector, for the specific purpose of generating profit.
This is not rocket science. It's just basic human fear and avarice.
- Privatized data collection is a violation of your right to privacy every bit as much as NSA data collection, and stands in similar violation to the United States Constitution. DEMAND ACTION.
On Philosophy -
- Part I: Here's the Deal
- Part II: ZenDog Zen
- Part III: Just A Little More Zen
- Anarcho - Capitalism v Syndicalism
On the Surveillance Industrial Complex -
- thanks for fuking up the web page
- This Surveillance Issue Isn't That Difficult To Grasp Is It?
- Comment: Why Should A Person Care . . .
- Comment: Pussy Riot . . .