Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: Third Party Debate 10/18/12 - With Real Questions and Answers

Posted 11 years ago on Oct. 19, 2012, 9:57 a.m. EST by john23 (-272)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

15 Comments

15 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 5 points by Builder (4202) 11 years ago

JOHNSON CAMPAIGN ASKS D.C. FEDERAL COURT TO INTERVENE IN PRESIDENTIAL DEBATES, CITING POLLING FALLACY

October 19, 2012, Washington, DC – Citing survey data showing former New Mexico Governor Gary Johnson has in fact achieved the narrow criteria required for inclusion in the Monday debate, earning more than 40 percent of the vote in “head-to-head” polls against President Barack Obama, the Libertarian Party nominee’s campaign today filed a complaint in Federal Court in the District of Columbia maintaining that Johnson has, in fact, met the Commission on Presidential Debates’ criteria for inclusion. The complaint asks the Court to compel the CPD to include Johnson.

http://www.garyjohnson2012.com/gov-gary-johnson-files-complaint-in-federal-court-against-commission-on-presidential-debates

[-] 3 points by Renneye (3874) 11 years ago

Niiiice! Thanks Builder!

From link : Re; CPD (Commission on Presidential Debates) -“It must be repeated that the official-sounding Commission on Presidential Debates is not official at all. It is a private organization created by the Republican and Democratic Parties for the clear and admitted purpose of controlling the presidential debate process. "

It would be mighty interesting to find out 'who' exactly is the leader of this organization.

[-] 2 points by Builder (4202) 11 years ago

Wow. The two-party system created this org????

The plot thickens. I'll read through it later.

[-] 2 points by shadz66 (19985) 11 years ago
[-] 1 points by MattLHolck (16833) from San Diego, CA 11 years ago

a consumption tax with no tax on held wealth?

the rich should let him speak

[-] 1 points by Builder (4202) 11 years ago

We were promised something similar with the goods and services tax.

In a fair democracy, all the prez candidates should get equal airtime.

[-] 3 points by hchc (3297) from Tampa, FL 11 years ago

IF either Jill OR Gary got elected, things would change for the better in a hurry.

Too bad the peopel are more concerned with BigMacs and America Idol than they are making a decent future.

[-] 2 points by hchc (3297) from Tampa, FL 11 years ago

Always good to here from Jill Stein and Gary Johnson..

Not good to see technical issues on that kind of a scale.

[-] 1 points by john23 (-272) 11 years ago

yeah i hear ya....millions spent on the ridiculous game show debates for the dem and reps that don't discuss anything of substance...and then you have this debate packed full of substance and real issues that seems like it was thrown together with a couple hundred bucks. Just isn't right.

[-] 2 points by LetsGetReal (1420) from Grants, NM 11 years ago

Imagine how it would be different if every candidate had the same amount of money to spend on campaigning.

[-] 2 points by john23 (-272) 11 years ago

Yes...and equal air time...this is who is going to run the country...shouldn't we get to hear everyone for an equal amount of time? Shouldn't everyone get the same amount of advertising time? Money shouldn't dictate this...but it does.

[-] 1 points by TrevorMnemonic (5827) 11 years ago

Yeah I have to say Jill didn't seem as prepared as I had hoped for. I'm hoping she will do much better in the next debate on Ora.tv

[-] 1 points by john23 (-272) 11 years ago

I've listened to her a few times...and i have to say that i lean more libertarian on many issues....this is the first time i've heard her speak over a couple minutes....she's light years ahead of the clowns running in the dem and repub party...i'd vote for her in a heartbeat over those two.

[-] 3 points by TrevorMnemonic (5827) 11 years ago

Light years. I agree with libertarians on foreign policy and civil liberties, just like Jill says when she starts her opening statement.

It's the economy and overall domestic policy where I disagree in many areas. For one I agree with social security and medicare and support a medicare for all system.

[-] 2 points by john23 (-272) 11 years ago

Yeah i understand that side of the argument...the idea of wanting to help people...completely get it. I just wish there were more people like stein and johnson who got on the national stage...honest people...whatever their beliefs may be. All 95 percent of the american people get to see right now is two used car salesmen duking it out.