Posted 4 years ago on Aug. 7, 2011, 4:43 a.m. EST by nemenja
from Seattle, WA
This content is user submitted and not an official statement
Maps and general OSINT type resources are great, but they only cover so much. Anyone who could help me out with the following would potentially be a literal life-saver:
Photo's and video of the area-- specifically from the meetup point to the intended destination. Video is absolutely preferred, if you live in the area, grab your camcorder and go on a tour.
- CCTV placement
- Government buildings or likely static outposts for the police which won't be easily located on the map
- General Dimension and positioning information for mobile outposts of the police or similar
- Surrounding high-points likely to give access to police or others for command & control/surveillance positions
- Typical police position placement
- et cetera; seriously, if you just walk around taking a video of everything that's better than trying to hit the specified targets.
- Time-lapsed video/photos of all of the above with accurate at least in the minutes time-frame
Video's or footage from contemporary events (earlier than 2005 or so is potentially not usable)
- This is especially useful if it includes footage of specific equipment or tactics and equipment-- id est, footage that would help me determine if they use non-lethal directed energy weapons, and were they protected against it themselves? How do they deal with crowds attempting to flank them, et cetera.
Resources on equipment that NYPD may have-- specifically purchase orders, press releases and so on. The purpose is to identify specific capabilities such as low-frequency sound cannons or similar that need to have counter-measures developed for. I'm in the process of going through this at the moment, but you never know what helps.
Something approaching an accurate number of people on our side expected to show-- this affects planning significantly.
The location of an office I can walk into and get in contact with organizers-- preferably in NYC so I can couple it with a personal trip; my interests and background are both interesting and useful here. All apologies for the forum spam.