Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: The ROOT Cause - The Committee of 300 by Dr. John Coleman - If You Don't Learn About This, There's No Point In Learning About Anything Else

Posted 12 years ago on Jan. 24, 2012, 12:27 p.m. EST by Renaye (522)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCzR7NCeMYA

DON'T overlook this! This is as real as it gets!

Can you imagine an all powerful group that knows no national boundaries, that has set itself above the laws of all countries, one that controls every aspect of politics, religion, commerce and industry, banking, insurance, mining, the drug trade, the petroleum industry, a group answerable to no one but its members? To the vast majority of us, such a group would appear to be beyond the realms of possibilities and capabilities of any given organization. If that is what you believe, then you are in the majority. The concept of a secret, elite group exercising control of every aspect of our lives is beyond our comprehension. Americans are prone to say, "it can't happen here, our Constitution forbids it." That there is such a body called The Committee of 300. When most people attempt to address our problems, they speak or write about "THEY."

26 Comments

26 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 2 points by PublicCurrency (1387) 12 years ago

This is a portion of the speech that President John F. Kennedy gave at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel on April 27, 1961. "The President and the Press" before the American Newspaper Publishers Association.

"The very word "secrecy" is repugnant in a free and open society; and we are as a people inherently and historically opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths and secret proceedings. We decided long ago that the dangers of excessive and unwarranted concealment of pertinent facts far outweighed the dangers which are cited to justify it. Even today, there is little value in opposing the threat of a closed society by imitating its arbitrary restrictions. Even today, there is little value in insuring the survival of our nation if our traditions do not survive with it. And there is very grave danger that an announced need for increased security will be seized upon those anxious to expand its meaning to the very limits of official censorship and concealment. That I do not intend to permit to the extent that it is in my control. And no official of my Administration, whether his rank is high or low, civilian or military, should interpret my words here tonight as an excuse to censor the news, to stifle dissent, to cover up our mistakes or to withhold from the press and the public the facts they deserve to know."

"For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy that relies on covert means for expanding its sphere of influence--on infiltration instead of invasion, on subversion instead of elections, on intimidation instead of free choice, on guerrillas by night instead of armies by day. It is a system which has conscripted vast human and material resources into the building of a tightly knit, highly efficient machine that combines military, diplomatic, intelligence, economic, scientific and political operations."

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

"No President should fear public scrutinity of his program. For from that scrutiny comes understanding; and from that understanding comes support or opposition. And both are necessary. I am not asking your newspapers to support the Administration, but I am asking your help in the tremendous task of informing and alerting the American people. For I have complete confidence in the response and dedication of our citizens whenever they are fully informed."

"I not only could not stifle controversy among your readers-- I welcome it. This Administration intends to be candid about its errors; for as a wise man once said: "An error does not become a mistake until you refuse to correct it." We intend to accept full responsibility for our errors; and we expect you to point them out when we miss them."

"Without debate, without criticism, no Administration and no country can succeed-- and no republic can survive. That is why the Athenian lawmaker Solon decreed it a crime for any citizen to shrink from controversy. And that is why our press was protected by the First (emphasized) Amendment-- the only business in America specifically protected by the Constitution-- not primarily to amuse and entertain, not to emphasize the trivial and sentimental, not to simply "give the public what it wants"--but to inform, to arouse, to reflect, to state our dangers and our opportunities, to indicate our crises and our choices, to lead, mold educate and sometimes even anger public opinion."

"This means greater coverage and analysis of international news-- for it is no longer far away and foreign but close at hand and local. It means greater attention to improved understanding of the news as well as improved transmission. And it means, finally, that government at all levels, must meet its obligation to provide you with the fullest possible information outside the narrowest limits of national security..."

"And so it is to the printing press--to the recorder of mans deeds, the keeper of his conscience, the courier of his news-- that we look for strength and assistance, confident that with your help man will be what he was born to be: free and independent."

http://www.thepowerhour.com/news3/jfk_speech_transcript.htm

[-] 1 points by shoozTroll (17632) 12 years ago

Too bad we accept it without blinking an eye these days.

[-] 1 points by livtru (11) 12 years ago

Hang in there, folks ARE waking up. I like the quotes from recognizable people to open people's eyes;

“In searching for a new enemy to unite us, we came up with the idea that pollution, the threat of global warming, water shortages, famine and the like would fit the bill” – Alexander King and Bertrand Schneider, The First Global Revolution, A Report by the Council of The Club of Rome (1991).

Pretty f*cked up!

Hey, at least those are real threats to progress, as well as life and limb.

[-] 1 points by PublicCurrency (1387) 12 years ago

The MSM has been consolidated: six corporations own all of it . .

I know.

I never checked, but how many own today's major newspapers?

Who owns the news wire services?

AP, UPI, Reuters, BBC?

Enter "6 corporations own the media," at any search engine . . .

. . . Search books at http:www.Amazon.com and pick a good one . . .

Only 20 years ago, more than 50 corporations owned the media. Now, only 6 own ALL the newspapers, magazines, book publishers, music companies etc.

[-] 0 points by Renaye (522) 12 years ago

This is what I've found but could not confirm.

"The House of Rothschild bought Reuters news service in the 1800's. Within the last 20 years, Reuters bought the Associated Press. Now the Elite own the two largest wire services in the world, where most newspapers get their news. The Rothschilds have control of all three U.S. Networks, plus other aspects of the recording and mass media industry according to research by Eustice Mullins in his book 'Who Owns the TV Networks'."

"To better understand this on-going tyranny of capital we also need to know how, from near-absolute power over the people’s finances, the House of Rothschild and others moved on to control, and enclose, our media and information supply. As Kent Cooper, a former head of Associated Press, noted "international bankers under the House of Rothschild acquired an interest in the three leading European [news] agencies." The Rothschild group purchased Reuters in London, Havas in France, and Wolf in Germany to monopolize the news creation nexus and information-dissemination business in Europe and around the world. Today's global corporate media empire is simply an extension of this trend to control information and assure capital's propaganda remains both dominant and ubiquitous." - http://publiccentralbank.com/

"All the sources I am able to find indicate that:

1. Reuters is 53% owned by the Thomson family business a Canadian information service.
  2. That the Associated Press is owned by the over 1500 media companies that make use of it's service. It is also reportedly a non profit."

Hi Renaye, wow - we are in agreement on the root cause of our many problems . . .

http://publiccentralbank.com/

love this link. I have visited it before and lost it . . . but have bookmarked it, now.

Several other good sites:

http://www.TheMoneyMasters.com

http://www.WebOfDebt.com

http://www.Monetary.org

Yep! I've seen 'The Money Masters', its great and never been debunked. I just had a look at Monetary.org and its spot on! I posted it under "Best Elite and Bankster Quotes" in the main post area. Headed over to the WebofDebt right now. Thanks a bunch!

I watched the entire speech and it was just awesome. In his articles Paul Craig Roberts, Ph.D. Economics, is in agreement with John Colman in reference to import taxes. Roberts is a former Assistant Secretary of the Treasury under Ronald Reagan and early term of G.W. Bush, and former editor of the Wall Street Journal.

I had to puse the video repeatedly as I attempted to transcribe excerpts.

I am watching Dr. John Colemans speech. It is just amazing . . would like to read the book in the near future.

[Removed]

Wow! I've seen the video version, but never seen it in print like this. Six months ago I had never heard of this speech, many more people need to see it. Thank you....for sharing this with OWS.

It is just an amazing speech . . .

Is it any wonder why no new heroes want to step up to the plate any more. Look what happens to them. As much as I would like to see a new hero emerge, I think this time around, it is we the people that will be our own and each other's heros.

@Renaye "As much as I would like to see a new hero emerge, I think this time around, it is we the people that will be our own and each other's heros."

I agree completely . . .

Have you ever listened to the great Steve Forbert's "Your Own Hero?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXLJSsOVsvs

That's incredible! Just got a chance to listen to it and its great. My hubby is a musician and I can't believe I haven't heard of this guy. Thanks for the song.

I'm glad you liked it . . . He is playing the Iridium Jazz Club on Broadway (at 51st street) tonight and it may be streamed live at 8:00 P.M.

http://theiridium.com/iridiumlive/

http://www.SteveForbert.com

Oh by the way, he released a very good song about the economic crisis, "Set the World Ablaze," several months before Occupy Wall Street. You can listen and download it for free.

"Set The World Ablaze" ~~~THAT was b-r-i-l-l-i-a-n-t !!

You should put that in the main posting area pronto! If you don't, would you mind if I do?

Yes, please do . . .

Its on the main posting area now. Thanks again!

[Removed]

[-] 0 points by relthinkr (64) 12 years ago

Excellent stuff !!!

moneymasters is 100% required.

check out it's sequel too, secret of oz. also watching some of eustace mullins stuff is a real mind opener,

check this link for some excellent sources http://jinnwe.com/quest.php?id=434

Yes, I've seen Eustace Mullins' name here and there....I'd better check it out. Thanks so much for the link.

[Removed]

[-] -2 points by OurTimes2011 (377) from Arlington, VA 12 years ago

Crazy nutcase wackjob.

[-] -3 points by DieNachthexen (103) from New York, NY 12 years ago

yes but what about the lizard people?