Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: The .001% Brought This Upon Themselves. If They Would Have Paid Their Taxes, Done Their Civic Duty, And Acted With Honor and Nobility, This WOULD NOT Be Happening.

Posted 12 years ago on Nov. 3, 2011, 6:32 p.m. EST by SirPoeticJustice (628) from New York, NY
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

This IS ABOUT ETHICS.

END Corporate Personhood

END The Federal Reserve Bank.

OVERTURN Citizen's United

Bring Back Glass-Steagall

END The Two Party System

Change Corporations Law "Corporations Must Act ONLY in the interest of Shareholders, The Public Good, and The Environment.

23 Comments

23 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 1 points by sudoname (1001) from Berkeley, CA 12 years ago

They're just serving their best interests. I just can't blame them. But I agree with your plan of action for DC. Plus http://www.getmoneyout.com/ !

[-] 1 points by MattLHolck (16833) from San Diego, CA 12 years ago

stop sales of weapons to other countries

[-] 1 points by sw33tLib3rty (6) 12 years ago

I have seen mostly whining on here over petty stuff...somehow the BIG message is lost...you are correct Richard...not the best way to approach my frustration...so lets try this, This is a collusion between Government and Big business, If you see this problem...come down and say it...no party matters anymore. We have been under the same two party system for a Century. Where are we today? Politicians are the ONLY people who can create a problem and then campaign against the problem they created. Fighting over "party" and "petty issues" will be our undoing. Want to make a difference? Say Something...Show Up...Silence is Consent!

[-] 1 points by sw33tLib3rty (6) 12 years ago

Keep fighting amongst yourselves...the1% is a tight knit group. Didn't this Crisis hit Everyone? If you don't like the philosophy of the occupiers, cummon down...people being in the park is to open up dialogue and get people talking, and to work on a corrective course right? How can you do that over the net...get out of your house, come down and debate...or STFU!!!!

[-] 1 points by SirPoeticJustice (628) from New York, NY 12 years ago

LOL

[-] 0 points by RichardGates (1529) 12 years ago

well, aren't you all high and mighty. the only way to support is the way you say to support.

There Is a War Going On For Your Mind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tP5yA3RwzOk

[-] 1 points by littrellb (199) from Hillsboro, OR 12 years ago
[-] 1 points by jph (2652) 12 years ago

justice is often slow,. some time instantaneous,. . but always inevitable.

[-] 0 points by omniscientfool (84) 12 years ago

No offense, but what is happening? For all the bravado and bluster... I doubt the 1% are worried about people camping in a park in squalid conditions... How exactly are they being effected?

Worst case senerio for the 1%, they take their money and leave, there are many nations that will welcome them and treat them like kings.

I say this because I think the movement is going about this the wrong way. Of course I could be totally wrong in which case I hope I will live to see the day things change, but right now, sorry I don't see anything aside from a nice conversation talking place.

[-] 2 points by SirPoeticJustice (628) from New York, NY 12 years ago

I have said this before.

Instead of citing a problem.

Cite the problem and a potential solution.

Otherwise you are just being negative.

[-] 0 points by l31sh0p (279) from Sand Fork, WV 12 years ago

That's what you did in the majority of your original post.

When Glass-Steagall was repealed, the repeal involved only one provision of the Act, the one stopping a holding company from having control of both a commercial and an investment bank.

Glass-Steagall has nothing to do with the financial crisis.

It is a small part of the problem.

[-] 0 points by l31sh0p (279) from Sand Fork, WV 12 years ago

I disagree. Just because the Act was made during the Great Depression doesn't mean it had anything to do with it.

Who Cares??? This is much bigger then that...

[-] 0 points by omniscientfool (84) 12 years ago

IMHO the root issue is not money, that was error #1. the true issue is power. Money is mearly a vehicle or gage of power. All the talk about money and wallstreet has pushed the real problem to the side

You ask for solutions, well first acknowledge the true problem. Second come up with demands that can can be achieved, your list is a good start, but there are many, if not the majority of the true 99% that have to be motivated to act.

I live in the bay area, been to occupy Oakland, and was saddened yesterday by the turn out. OWS can call it a victory, but low estimates of 4-5k high estimates of 10-12k is a disappoint to me. If not enough people rally to even fill 20% of a Oakland raiders game, then the message is either wrong or unclear enough to motivate people.

The movement needs clarity right now if it wants to truly move forward, more then anything else

[-] 1 points by JamesS89118 (646) from Las Vegas, NV 12 years ago

Troll!

[-] 1 points by sppratam (-14) 12 years ago

Logical fallacy: Ad hominem.

[-] 1 points by JamesS89118 (646) from Las Vegas, NV 12 years ago

At the very least! lol

[-] 0 points by RichardGates (1529) 12 years ago

There Is a War Going On For Your Mind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tP5yA3RwzOk

[-] 1 points by omniscientfool (84) 12 years ago

Grow a brain, disagreement with method does not make one a troll. If you take this approach then you are in for a shock when you espouse something you believe would be better if done a different way.

[-] 0 points by Jimboiam (812) 12 years ago

AMT