Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: Stand up to Cancer - on air now 9/5/2014 @ 7:00pm Central time - My problem with the presentation ->

Posted 9 years ago on Sept. 5, 2014, 8:23 p.m. EST by DKAtoday (33802) from Coon Rapids, MN
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

Is it continues to treat the symptoms = cancer that everyone is gonna contract - Rather than ALSO go after the cause (s) of the Cancers = OUR toxic society - the toxins ( cancer causing toxins ) put into our society by industry - industries that include Fossil Fuel extraction and use and also our food industries that put carcinogens into our food chain - including steroids to make our meat animals grow fast and put on excessive weight. But that is not all - the food industry that also uses toxic dyes to make foods more pretty to look at. Then there are the artificial sweeteners that themselves are known carcinogens.

But then - there are also pesticides and herbicides. This is just the food industry.

Look into the products made for the home - the cleansers - the plastic table wares - the detergents and fabric softeners - the stain resistant fabrics and yes even flame resistant fabrics.

There are literally thousands of chemicals that are being used in products that we buy that have absolutely no testing/analysis done on them prior to use/release to the market place.

So now we have the umpteenth anti-cancer cause airing on national TV - and It does NOT address removing carcinogens from our every day life.

43 Comments

43 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 5 points by elf3 (4203) 9 years ago

See documentary film called Food Matters ...I believe with correct nutrition the body can heal itself...this documentary proposes that in fact proper nutrition can heal almost any disease. This was eye opening and very common sense/ scientific to those who eat healthy we know how bad we feel when we cheat.

Meanwhile....while our taxes fund cancer research I find it aggravating we continue to have to fight Dow/Monsanto to remove cancerous agents from products and food and must fight so hard to have clean water free from fracking and chemical runoff...making them impossible to avoid while in a total conflict of interest they have holdings in cancer pharmaceuticals...harming us and then claiming the keys to healing it...we are nothing but lab rats to this corporation lab rats that make them very rich...they don't eat their own products rest assured they buy organic and avoid the chemicals they create. The scientists behind these companies are not human they are brains in a box without a soul.

Isn't it time we call Dow "scientists" out and list them ? Work for the devil and you should pay a price. Let's find out who exactly sold their souls.

[-] 1 points by DKAtoday (33802) from Coon Rapids, MN 9 years ago

BTW - years ago - something like twenty years or more - there was an article I read about someone who had terminal cancer - treatment was not taking it out and this guy was gonna die. Somehow he talked to a nutritionist. Anyway I don't remember all of the details - but this guy started mega dosing on green vegetation. Long story short - he lived.

Out the industrialists and what they do along with their pet Frankenstein-s.

The public needs to know in no uncertain terms just how deadly to life that these assholes and their practices are.

One good thing for public awareness did happen recently: https://occupywallst.org/forum/pennsylvania-makes-public-243-cases-of-fracking-co/

[-] 4 points by gnomunny (6819) from St Louis, MO 9 years ago

Although some of the names behind the 'Environmental Working Group' have been called into question, there's no questioning the significance of this 22 minute video, originally posted a little over a year ago but well worth reposting here:

http://www.ewg.org/news/videos/10-americans

[-] 3 points by grapes (5232) 9 years ago

We have conniving "scientists" without souls who want to do more studies to reduce the "uncertainties" about industries' carcinogens. They do NOT get it that chemicals for profits willy-nilly fed to us and released to the environment without long-term testings are bound to have carcinogens.

Unregulated industries are the carcinogens!

[-] 2 points by MattHolck0 (3867) 9 years ago

never trust atoms

they make up everything

[-] 1 points by grapes (5232) 9 years ago

Trust most atoms but beware of many recently cooked up molecules that have never existed before.

[-] 1 points by MattHolck0 (3867) 9 years ago

I could be wrong

but the naturally produced chemicals varieties far exceeds any intelligently designed mixes.

[-] 2 points by grapes (5232) 9 years ago

You are right but we have had many eons to adapt to the preponderance of natural chemicals, not so for the more recent ones. Lead, mercury, and arsenic are a few bad atoms but they were not widely available until humans extracted them. Another thing to watch out for is that nanoparticles have different energy levels from their bulk cousins so they can be far more reactive and cause new problems.

use of ionic tearing and bonding is quicker than growing chemicals through covalent bonding

but residuals of those ions tear apart our own chemistry

All highly reactive moities are potentially dangerous. Ions, free radicals, and nanoparticles can all be dangerous due to their large relative surface area and electrical charge.

this is important to the argument of preserving the diversity of species

[Deleted]

ehh

not without backing

Ahhh! Your using the word "intelligently" in "intelligently designed mixes" ruled out chemicals in creosote, soot, and tar. Intelligence in Homo sapiens is rare but foolhardiness is very abundant.

if only they had the words to express it

[Deleted]

the heavier atoms collect together in balk making them accessible for processing

[-] -1 points by DKAtoday (33802) from Coon Rapids, MN 9 years ago

Treating cancer - just another soulless for profit - Industry.

Yes, increase profits by using untested chemicals in production and increase profits in treating the cancers caused by those chemicals - the industrialists and the "scientists" sure know how to get rich on the malignant tumors of others.

And hold charity benefits with all kinds of celebrities to show how society and industry cares. ( alleviate the costs of R&D so that the products developed are so much more profitable = thank you public free money donations )

( exposure to and use of fossil fuel is a leading cause of cancer )

But - the American Petroleum Institute puts out such things as -> Because fracking for LNG & OIL is "good" for you and "good" for the environment.

And Monsanto will tell everyone ( even countries who have the temerity to ban them ) how GR8 roundup and roundup ready plants are - they are the Bee's knees ( I think they meant the whole Bee as in their dead bodies ) - and the Bees are not the only ones suffering from the toxins - as We are - as is all life exposed to them.

Oh yes, they "care" when you get malignant tumors in yourself or your family because they are one with your pocketbook (to drain it).

Fossil fuels when burned cause cancers because burning is a rather random molecular process and creates carcinogens. Beware of the chemicals that even bugs hate such as present in combustion products such as creosote and soot.

Beware of the chemicals that even bugs hate such as present in combustion products such as creosote and soot.

Then there is the witches brew of poisons released from burning man made materials such as plastics and also chemically treated fabrics which are also likely to be artificial ( plastics ) fibers rather than a natural fiber such as cotton or jute or hemp or. Burning plastics is thought to be related to illnesses being suffered by our military veterans as well as the individuals who worked on the search rescue/recovery clean-up of the world trade center.

Burning some plastics such as polyvinyl chloride (PVC) can produce carcinogens such as dioxins.

As can burning Styrofoam.

plastic are extra long carbon chains

To first approximation only! Some have chlorine such as polyvinyl chloride (PVC) that can turn into carcinogenic dioxins when burned.

[-] 2 points by StillModestCapitalist (343) 9 years ago

The cleaners, the coaters, the antiperspirants, probably some of the food additives, the smoke, the alcohol, the battleship obesity and certainly the excessive use of pharmaceuticals. That's my theory. Regardless, their is no money in 'prevention'. Therefore, it will never be taken seriously by the healthcare industry or any sold-out little celebrity bitch who pleads with us ordinary people for MORE funding. I say fuck'em. Let'em pay for their own FOR PROFIT research and development. Seventeen God damn percent of GDP and they STILL want more of our money. Never again. I would rather provide knitted booties for stray cats. I'm not kidding. I'm all for legitimate charity but that rotten industry will not get one God damn penny from me.

By the way, they almost killed my step-dad.

https://occupywallst.org/forum/my-step-dad-was-misdiagnosed-with-advanced-alzheim/

Because there is no money in prevention - because the health care industry is not gonna take up that battle - IS - EXACTLY WHY THE PUBLIC NEEDS TO WTFU and wage this battle.

How fucking sick is it to be killed by your shower gel??? or your deodorant or your fabric softener or or or or or or or or or or or or or or or

My problem with antiperspirants is that they prevent your body from cooling itself and sweating out toxins. I see their use as reckless. Hell, why don't we just wrap our entire bodies in saran wrap and plug our orifices with corks? Then we could go about our daily activities without being inconvenienced by those pesky bodily functions. What the hell was Mother Nature thinking?

Exactly - perspiration/sweating - is one of the bodies tools for removing toxins from the system. The Skin is actually the body's largest organ - it also does/performs necessary breathing.

the best prevention of cancer is catching it in time

The best we can ever hope for from these numerous fund raising campaigns is that they give a few seconds of shallow lip service to 'prevention'. That is the very best we can ever hope for from any of them. Personally, I won't donate one penny to ANY cause within the healthcare industry. Although I would like to help people who need funds to pay their OUTRAGEOUS bills and get out of crushing debt, I feel very, very, VERY strongly that 17% of GDP is just too much for healthcare. It is simply too much. One way or another, that industry must be reduced in size and scope. It is simply too big. There are no more excuses for it. It's too big. Period.

[-] 0 points by DKAtoday (33802) from Coon Rapids, MN 9 years ago

I support total 100% improvement to the ACA - that it should someday become 100% universal Health Care For EVERY SINGLE INDIVIDUAL THAT IS ALIVE IN THESE HERE United (?) STATES.

I want the public to wake up.

Yes there is a lot of heart and soul and the best intentions - by - The Donors ( people not corp(se)oRATions - PEOPLE ).

But the public - every survivor every patient everyone who has lost someone to cancer - IS BEING PLAYED.

If the public were not being played - ONE OF THE VERY 1ST THINGS TO BE DONE IN THE FIGHT AGAINST CANCER - WOULD BE TO REMOVE CARCINOGENS FROM OUR SOCIETY!!!

I would gladly support universal healthcare and I would gladly pay my share if I felt the industry was relatively free of corruption. I don't. I swear that industry is the most corrupt ever. It's not all bad, some great work is done but for every one life they save or improve they screw up at least two by over-medicating or doing unnecessary surgery. Back and joint surgery in particular. It is incredible just how ignorant the masses have become regarding back and joint care. Really, there are no words to fully describe the ignorance of the masses in that regard. It's not entirely their fault. They have been misled in that regard as well.

Gotta get the profit motive out of health care as well as out of many other things.

public hospital where people could get check ups may be more effective

[-] 0 points by DKAtoday (33802) from Coon Rapids, MN 9 years ago

Stand up to cancer - YEP - we MUST

So.

When does that start to include the causes of cancer?

[-] 2 points by elf3 (4203) 9 years ago

When I twinkle your posts they add a stinkle, did you piss off the gatekeepers?

Really? Ha Haaaa ..... that's funny. Did I piss off the gate keepers? Not that I am aware of.

tweet

DKAtoday @DKAtoday · 21m

https://occupywallst.org/forum/stand-up-to-cancer-on-air-now-700pm-central-time-m/ … We MUST stand up to cancer - BUT - when will that include STANDING UP TO THE CAUSES OF CANCER ?

lack of regular check ups

a cell group growing independent of it's surrounding cell environment

Now - HERE is a group that seems to "get it" !!!

Physicians For Social Responsibility

This group and standing up to cancer - properly - deserved another tweet.

DKAtoday @DKAtoday · 1h

stand up to cancer

so far this group = http://www.psr.org/environment-and-health/confronting-toxics/cancer-and-toxic-chemicals.html

Is the only group I've seen - that - seems - to - GET IT

Really!