Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: RESTORE GLASS-STEAGALL (Banking Act of 1933)

Posted 12 years ago on Oct. 6, 2011, 5:37 p.m. EST by IonU (4) from Stratford, CA
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

Separate Commercial Banking from Speculation!! (H.R.1489) Sign the petition at: Washington Watch. com

6 Comments

6 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 2 points by ThirdParty2012 (52) 12 years ago

Exactly... this is where it all started.. the economic collapse of course, with Barney Frank and his cohorts.

[-] 1 points by LibertyFirst (325) 12 years ago

This is absolutely necessary. I think if people knew what it was, why it was originally passed into law and what has happened since Clinton repealed it, they would support it's immediate restoration.

[-] 1 points by chico47 (2) from Hillsborough, NJ 12 years ago

Yes - I agree with this.

[-] 1 points by mwagshol (120) from Seattle, WA 12 years ago

While this could be a great starting point for an initial demand, I cannot find a solid resource anywhere that shows popular support for this measure. If the vast majority of Americans are behind this initiative, it could be our first demand- but has anyone been able to find critical analysis and polls showing this support?

[-] 1 points by nycman (7) 12 years ago

Yes...please do. Any other Clinton regulations that caused the financial crisis that need to be unwound.

[-] 1 points by nycman (7) 12 years ago

Yes...please do. Any other Clinton regulations that caused the financial crisis that need to be unwound.