Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: Reconciling the NVRA of 1993!

Posted 12 years ago on Nov. 5, 2011, 7:09 p.m. EST by dugfmjamul (101)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

The Democrat controlled congresses of 1993 and 2002 voted down any 'proof of citizenship requirements' to register to vote or vote in the process creating 'Institutionalized Voter Fraud'. The pure 'genius' of this system to benefit the Democratic Party should be applauded, if one would admire deceitfulness as a virtue. All one needs to register to vote either by mail or in person is to have a copy of their utility bill, address and signature. The persons signature is stating they are a citizen subject to perjury, but if someone has a fraudulent birth certificate, SS# or driver's license and entered this country illegally would not respect the rule of law. Under the current system non-citizens are free to vote in our elections without any mechanisms to stop them, in fact if a State tries to implement 'proof of citizenship' or even 'Photo ID' requirements to register to vote or vote they risk being sued by the Federal Government. Common Sense dictates that the non-citizen voter would be voting for the democrat because they would not be voting for a person or party that would deny benefits, citizenship or deport them. There are many incidents of non-citizens voting, if you want to debate if non-citizens are voting I won't do it, it would be futile and unproductive to do. The question is do you support 'Reconciling' the National Voter Registration Act of 1993 to include a 'proof of citizenship requirement?

7 Comments

7 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 1 points by dugfmjamul (101) 12 years ago

You want to talk about "Soft Bigotry Of Low Expectations', lets' talk about the Democratic Party and how it created institutionalized voter fraud by voting down 'proof of citizenship requirements' in the National Voter Registration Act of 1993 and once again in HAVA of 2002 just because 'Blacks', Latinos and the Elderly are too irresponsible to safeguard their citizenship documents. That's real low expectations of your constituency since 'Black', Latino and Elderly Republicans have no problem finding their citizenship documents to vote!

[-] 1 points by gnomunny (6819) from St Louis, MO 12 years ago

Non-citizens voting in an election in this country is ridiculous. They sure have gotten away with a lot of crap while we weren't paying attention. This shit needs to stop.

What 'shit' needs to stop?

The 'shit' the government keeps doing to us citizens every time we turn around. It seems they keep changing the laws to benefit them at the expense of the American public. I assumed it was illegal for non-citizens to vote in elections here. I didn't know they changed it. I fully agree with you that someone should have proof of citizenship in order to vote.

Federal and State Laws haven't changed, it is still illegal for non-citizens to vote in State and Federal elections. What has changed is there are no 'poof of citizenship requirements' to validate if someone is a citizen or not to register to vote or vote. Just a copy of one's utility bill, address, and the person's signature stating the are a citizen under the threat of perjury is enough in most States to register to vote and vote. When a state like AZ or GA tried to implement 'proof of citizenship requirements' they were sued by the Federal Government. Remember 'Photo ID' laws can just be 'proof of identity' laws, just having a photo id is not 'proof of citizenship'...for example on the back of the CA drivers license it says this...

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d06/vc12800_5.htm

"This license is issued as a license to drive a motor vehicle; it does not establish eligibility for employment, voter registration, or public benefits."

...but 'Photo ID' laws are a good start to voter integrity.

You know, I regretfully admit I was one of the millions who became disenfranchised with politics years ago. I got sick of the b.s. and was young, so going out partying with my friends seemed more important. Maybe if my generation would've been paying more attention it wouldn't have got this bad. Since I've been on this website for the last three weeks I've learned more about what's been going on than I did in the previous twenty years. Thanks for that info.

There is a current campaign going on called 'Block The Vote' supported by MSNBC and the former ACORN that some say is 'Project Vote'. This campaign is focusing against Republican efforts to implement 'Voter ID' laws and 'proof of citizenship requirements as being 'Jim Crow' or 'Poll Taxes'...

Laura Murphy, ACLU on HAVA 2002: “There are voters who simply do not have identification and requiring them to purchase photo identification would be tantamount to requiring them to pay a poll tax. As a disproportionate number of racial and ethnic minority voters, the homeless, as well as voters with disabilities and certain religious objectors, do not have photo identification or the financial means to acquire it. The burden of this requirement would fall disproportionally and unfairly upon them, perhaps even violating the Voting Rights Act, 42 U.S.C 1973.”-- Congressional Record proceedings and debates of the 107th Congress Second Session Volume 148 Part 15"

...since it is a 'Right' to vote many Democrats believe one shouldn't have to prove they are a citizen to vote....