Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: Purge Congress in 2012 --- Plan Now! (Action Plan Proposal)

Posted 12 years ago on Jan. 3, 2012, 7:07 a.m. EST by aahpat (1407)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

The root of all corruption in the United States government is the Congress. Wall Street pumps the lifeblood of campaign contribution corruption into it but Congress expresses the soul of intention that enables and empowers Wall Street corruption.

We can have our greatest effect on the body politic in the primaries when few people participate. We can be the winning or losing margin for members of Congress and their competitors for the 435 House seats and 100 senate seats. All House seats and many senate seats are up for re-election this year.

We do not have to be a majority to make a difference. We only need to be the winning or losing margin in any race. A couple or three percentage points makes all the difference in a House race when no more than 1-2 hundred thousand voters are participating. Just a couple of thousand OWS sympathetic voters in a House district is all that it takes to change a primary election for Congress in our favor.

PLEASE OWS voters, start planning today to Occupy the Congressional race in your community.

• Plan flash actions against corrupt incumbents.

• Identify OWS sympathetic candidates.

• Organize Independent voter registration drives in minority communities where the Democrats and Republicans don't want people to vote.

• Learn your local election laws to figure out how to overcome the subversion tactics put in place by the Democrats and Republicans that keep them in power undemocratically. Find local public interest lawyers who can help you with this. There are some in every state looking for activists to take up the cause of purging the election system of corruption.

The Congress That Crashed America http://home.ptd.net/~aahpat/aandc/congcrash.html

People in states represented by any of the incumbents on this compilation have a particular opportunity and duty to fight hard to get these 184 people out of Congress. These 184 incumbents were in Congress in 1999 and voted for the repeal of Glass-Steagall. these people, more than any, are responsible for the economic collapse of America.

Fight wall Street!

Fight congress corruption!

Fight for America!

79 Comments

79 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 4 points by zymergy (236) 12 years ago

You, Aahpat, provide the right information and timely advice.

I hope that a consensus might be reached herein that incumbents must go, in particular those on your list, and also that the surest way to remove them is for OWS and OWS friends to vote en-masse for the strongest challengers, regardless of party affiliation or platform. Incumbents have a consistent advantage that may be overcome through social networking. In each district anti-incumbent votes may be concentrated on the one challenger with the greatest popular support. Not to worry if you would ordinarily not vote for this candidate or his party, for you will have a similar chance in the next election cycle to remove him as well. This should not be taken as retribution, but rather as a solution to the problem of corrupting influences upon decent people who have had the misfortune of being elected representatives to the present Congress. One term in office only should help to inoculate them and their successors from these influences.

[-] 4 points by fucorporatemedia (451) 12 years ago

I agree that Congress must be held to account and the entire Congress is corrupt and needs to be thrown out.

To achieve this, We have to take back our voting systems as well, hand counted ballots posted at the precinct.

And we have to be aware in the primaries where they often steal it for their corporate candidate, even in caucuses.

Beware the moving of caucus voters into a separate room to count.....

And even with hand recounts, people like Kathy Nickolaus of Waukesha Wisconsin are put in charge of the ballots, bags come back torn open, obviously stuffed, bags mismarked....and they still counted them anyway.

Our faulty voting systems are how we got stuck with these jackasses and returning to real elections is the only way we will get rid of them.

[-] 2 points by aahpat (1407) 12 years ago

Absolutely!

If we don't do it nobody will.

[-] 2 points by Howtodoit (1232) 12 years ago
[-] 3 points by Menton (26) from New York, NY 12 years ago

I agree. It is a 'corporate / 1%' U.S. Congress....purchased through their agents called lobbyists. (like eg 1880 -- Charles Boycott) We must dismantle and re-assemble, by our votes and become 'We the people' ... or we may become a 'third world country'. The wealth disparity is too great to sustain a middle class.

[-] 3 points by beautifulworld (23769) 12 years ago

A good place to start is with the campaign of E. Wayne Powell who is running against Eric Cantor. Here is a link to his website where he even has a survey about OWS:

http://powellforva.com/tag/e-wayne-powell/

[-] 1 points by aahpat (1407) 12 years ago

Your right. He does look like a good one. If I were in his district I would be talking with him. Too bad he has to run as a Democrat but no one is perfect. The Democratic Party would not have the bad reputation is has been getting among social justice activists, these past couple of decades, if it had more people like him.

[-] 1 points by beautifulworld (23769) 12 years ago

Too bad he has to be a politician at all! Poor guy!

But I want Cantor out and I'm not from Virginia.

I don't like Cantor either but I think it more important that people who share OWS social justice values concentrate on the elections they can impact directly. that means seeking out the people in your community who can run against the creeps in power there and now.

I think Cantor is number one who has to go. I will support this Powell guy all I can. I don't have too many creeps where I come from, fortunately, but this Cantor has way too much power against all of us.

[-] 3 points by aahpat (1407) 12 years ago

I am in PA and have sent money to Elizabeth Warren in MA. because she is hated and feared by Wall Street. I am also encouraging folks to register Democrat for the primary and Write-In Elizabeth Warren as a protest vote against Obama. this would, I believe, send and clear and powerful message to Obama and the Democrats about my discontent with the Wall Street whores who today control the Democrats in Congress and the White House.

[-] 0 points by beautifulworld (23769) 12 years ago

Not a bad idea, but I don't want to see Obama lose to one of these Republicans. He is the lesser of the two evils. Just my opinion. Elizabeth Warren is awesome. I agree.

We should still focus on getting money out of politics at the same time we focus on the elections because nothing significant will really change until we have success with that.

[-] 2 points by neveragain (55) 12 years ago

He is the same as all the other evils. There is no lesser in the 2012 camp.

Convince me. How is he not less evil than the others?

[-] 1 points by neveragain (55) 12 years ago

The NDAA bill that he just signed should say it all. The bailout with no strings attached. Nobody went down for the recession...no one. He's no better than any other crook when the money is staring him in the face. Look back at his debate speeches compared to who he is today. He's bought and sold.

Yes. He's a typical politician on the take because he'd never win an election if he wasn't. (This won't change until we get money out of politics.) But, at least he isn't heartless when it comes to the poor, the unemployed and the working class. He does what he can with an intransigent Congress. If we end up with a Republican president and a Republican majority in the Congress we are finished. They will turn the clock back to feudal times.

The clocks have not turned ahead with Obama. He may say that he cares but he doesn't prove it. Lip service and nothing more.

I agree. (On all but Obama. He's just as evil an any Republican.)

I theory on money in politics is that the politicians who today benefit from that corruption have no incentive to change it since change would reduce their control and power. We need to find alternative candidates and do everything to get them in instead. Candidates who will not have that vested interest in keeping the corrupt money flowing. We need to change the politicians to one's who will then change the corrupt system.

I hear you. I just don't know if it's feasible in the short term. I really don't want one of these Republicans in office. I do see them as worse than Obama. But, long term, surely you are right. Elizabeth Warren for President!

This is why I am encouraging the Write-In in the primary. It is a political statement. An act of political free speech in the one venue where political speech has the most vitality the polling booth. After all voting is the ultimate act of political free speech.

[-] 2 points by beautifulworld (23769) 12 years ago

Good point.

[-] 3 points by aahpat (1407) 12 years ago

Rick Santorum & Ron Paul empowered wall Street to steal te accumulated home equity of millions of honest hard working and tax-paying Americans.

In 1999 Senator Rick voted for S-900, The financial Services Modernization Act. this law repealed Glass-Steagall thus creating "too big to fail" banks. It also further deregulated what are now known to be "toxic" derivatives. And S-900 reorganized the community Reinvestment Bank reducing its landing standards and allowing banks to create dangerous predatory mortgages to rip people off with.

Ron Paul abstained from voting against the repeal of Glass-Steagall. He tells people today that he voted against repeal. This is a disingenuous lie. The fact is he voted against repeal in a purely procedural vote five months before the final important roll call vote that followed the actual floor debate on Nov. 4, 1999. In that final vote Ron Paul abstained from opposing the repeal of Glass-Steagall.

[-] 2 points by neveragain (55) 12 years ago

They're all crooked both dem. and rep.

[-] 2 points by Nevada1 (5843) 12 years ago

Hi aahpat, Good post. Best Regards, Nevada

[-] 2 points by mvjobless (370) 12 years ago

Yes but who will replace these assholes?

[-] 2 points by gsw (3407) from Woodbridge Township, NJ 12 years ago

aaphat: Excellent Plan: Even in Lib. WA State, Adam Smith and Patty Murray; who as dems, I thought would be out there protecting the people's interests. Thanks for connect the dots: Any other Washingtonians out there wana link up: should we write letters to the editer, I'm new at this. Obviously, I'll work with my local occupy involved. WTG

Purge Congress of Wall Street now!

[-] 2 points by anonymoux (70) 12 years ago

War has been declared against greed and corruption. And those in congress and on wall street will not be above the law of the land this time! Its on and all bets are off! #2012 They should have expected us! "One Love"

That's great rhetoric but it does not contribute anything to an action plan.

[-] 2 points by anonymoux (70) 12 years ago

Yes you are correct! There are many Opps out there that good little revolutionaries can find. Still got to have a little rhetoric, it builds morale. 99% of this whole forum or any forum is just talk. Yes, again you are correct. The time for talk is finished. See you on the other side.

I agree that we need action....Movement = Action

Not necessarily.

When movement causes political action you have change. But OWS is not allowed, by its IRS status, to be political. It is a neutered dog yapping at passers bye from behind a government fence.

[-] 1 points by anonymoux (70) 12 years ago

Oh and by the way, the only goal at this point is to topple the exsisting power structure. Anything more than that rite now will only divide the movement. There are many action plans, you just have to pick one. You can choose anything from complete chaos to just passive protesting. Just have to use your heart.

[-] 1 points by mvjobless (370) 12 years ago

Yes, but what will replace the gutting of the existing power structure? That will lead to utter chaos.

there may be a short time of lawlessness, for which you should be prepared. The people will fill that void through peoples organiztions and local general assemblies that will network with other local general assemblies. each community may have different values, but all will have to unite thru networks of local organizations. Based on the liberty that comes from treating others the way you would want to be treated and not do any thing that would effect the liberties of others. It will take time and alot of effort, but the end results will benefit or childrens children and will enrich their lives and give them a sense of satisfaction for what they contribute in life, not what they can take! to be free from the slavery that every working family today is in bondage to.

Reinventing the wheel.

[Removed]

[-] 1 points by shoozTroll (17632) 12 years ago

Teabagge(r)s first, please.

[-] 1 points by ChristopherABrown (550) from Santa Barbara, CA 12 years ago

Purge congress W/ Article 5

Article 5 is the only way to gain the authority needed. Give them notice that the 99% will consider them unconstituional. Notify them of the specific unconstitutional acts AND the criminal activities inflicting harm on America. that have resulted from the unconstitutional,

Here are the laws they have violated. The supreme court also has done some of these things.

Federal law regulating oath of office by government officials is divided into four parts along with an executive order which further defines the law for purposes of enforcement. 5 U.S.C. 3331, provides the text of the actual oath of office congressional members were required to take before assuming office.

5 U.S.C. 3333 required you to sign an affidavit that you took the oath of office required by 5 U.S.C. 3331 and have not nor will violate that oath during your tenure of office as defined by the third part of the law,

5 U.S.C. 7311, which explicitly makes it a federal criminal offense for anyone employed in the United States Government to “advocate the overthrow of our constitutional form of government.”,

18 U.S.C. 1918 provides penalties for violation of oath office described in 5 U.S.C. 7311 which include: removal from office, imprisonment, and a fine.

Executive Order 10450 specifies a violation of 5 U.S.C. 7311 for any person taking the oath of office to advocate “the alteration…of the form of the government of the United States by unconstitutional means"

The definition of “advocate” is further specified in Executive Order 10450 which for purposes of enforcement supplements 5 U.S.C. 7311.

According to Executive Order 10450 (and therefore 5 U.S. 7311) any act taken by government officials who have taken the oath of office prescribed by 5 U.S.C. 3331 which alters the form of government other than by amendment, is a criminal violation of the 5 U.S.C. 7311. Such alteration without amendment is criminal violation of 5 U.S.C. 7311 and 18 U.S.C. 1918.

In 1939 the supreme court violated Executive Order 10450 specifiing a violation of 5 U.S.C. 7311

http://www.foa5c.org/file.php/1/Articles/Coleman.htm

Acts relating to campaign finance are also unconstitutional and comprise “the alteration…of the form of the government of the United States by unconstitutional means"

Get it into a court.

It is ludicrous to think that you would ever get anywhere with that concept. Setting yourself up to achieve something impossible simply gives you a ready made excuse for failure.

I prefer the possible.

[-] 0 points by ChristopherABrown (550) from Santa Barbara, CA 12 years ago

When was the last time you were in a civil court?

Have you ever filed a pro se case?

Have you ever tried to hire an attorney to correct negligent, malfeasing, corrupt officials?

You are not responding to the point.

[-] 0 points by ChristopherABrown (550) from Santa Barbara, CA 12 years ago

Yes I am. I am doing it with questions about COURTS. Answer them, infiltrator working to disrupt cognition.

LOL!

[-] 0 points by Thrasymaque (-2138) 12 years ago

We have a real little Socrates here; answering with questions.

[-] 1 points by IWillNeverStopBashing1Percen (-25) 12 years ago

48 hours ago, I had 2229 points. Now, its down to 1900. There is now an organized effort to discredit me. IT WON'T WORK. From now on, I will create another page daily and repost ALL of my essays ripping on the richest 1% and their corporate golden geese and defending the middle class in honor of those who use multiple IDs and/or bots to vote down my comments. CLICK ON ALL + SIGNS TO VIEW COMMENTS.

How do you like that you die-hard partisan puppet critics? What about you Thrasymaque? Was this the result you were hoping for when you started using multiple IDs and/or bots to aggressively track and 'vote down' my comments? Were you hoping to intimidate me? If so, I have some bad news for you.

IT DIDN'T WORK.

Say that reminds me.

The CBO report I am about to make reference to breaks down shares of net American income by quintile. Since a quintile represents 1/5, the middle quintile would certainly represent the 'middle class'. But we'll expand further out to all 5 quintiles just to cover all bases. Keep in mind these statistics represent income AFTER taxes.

Between 1979 and 2007, the share of net income for the lowest quintile dropped by 27.9 percent. Does that prove the expansion of the lowest class? Damn near it but lets eliminate all doubt.

Between 1979 and 2007, the share of net income for the second quintile, dropped by 23.6 percent. Does that prove the expansion of the lower class? Isn't it possible that the lowest two quintiles were always the lower class and the middle class had always represented just 1/5 of the US population? Well, thats what justhefacts would swear so lets eliminate that last shred of doubt. Lets move onto the middle quintile. The indisputable 'middle class'.

Between 1979 and 2007, the share of net income for the middle quintile dropped by 14.5 percent. There you go. Indisputable proof that at least 3/5 of Americans lost their relative share of net income between 1979 and 2007. Indisputable proof that America's middle class had shrunk and its lower class had expanded between 1979 and 2007. Indisputable mathematical proof. Still, lets move onto the next quintile.

Between 1979 and 2007, the share of net income for the fourth quintile dropped by 10.3 percent. There you go. Indisputable proof that at least 4/5 of Americans lost their relative share of net income between the years 1979 and 2007.

Bankruptcy and consumer debt rose significantly during this time frame. By 2007, consumer debt alone rose to nearly $2,000,000,000,000. Thats NEARLY TWO TRILLION DOLLARS.

So we've proven the actual shrinkage of the middle class and the actual expansion of the lower class. We've clearly established a loss of financial assets.

So where did the money go? The highest quintile? Lets take a look.

Between 1979 and 2007, the share of net income for the fifth quintile rose by 23.8 percent. Should we blame them? The highest quintile? Do we really want to blame a full 20% of the American population?

Not in my book. Lets take a closer look.

Between the years 1979 and 2007, the share of net income for the top decile (one tenth) rose by 40.2 percent. Thats a 16.4 percent spread just within 10 percent of the population. Lets take a closer look.

Between the years 1979 and 2007, the share of net income for the top ventile (one twentieth) rose by 61.9 percent. Thats a 21.9 percent spread just within 5 percent of the population. Interesting. Now, lets take a look at the final piece of the puzzle from this particular time frame.

Between 1979 and 2007, the start of the Great Recession and the worst financial crisis in nearly 80 years, the share of net income for the top centile (one hundredth, top 1%) rose by 128.0 percent. Thats a spread of 66.1 percent just within 5 percent of the population.

But that 66.1 percent spread is nothing. It is multiplied by hundreds just within that top centile. The richest 1%.

THATS THE PROBLEM.

Now, watch my die-hard partisan puppet critics deny the actual shrinkage of the middle class, the actual expansion of the lower class, and the actual transfer of wealth from poor to rich. In particular, the richest 1% who as of 2007, owned 43% of all financial wealth in America. Thats more than twice the share they held in 1976.

I see that my die-hard conservative partisan puppet critics and possibly another (Thrasymaque) who has admitted despising me more than any other user and using 'bots' of his own design to 'vote down' my comments are at it again. Be sure to click the '+' sign to view all comments.

http://occupywallst.org/forum/48-hours-ago-i-had-2229-points-on-this-ows-site-no/

[-] 1 points by francismjenkins (3713) 12 years ago

Would it be more productive to see where they are today? I mean, I'd love to put all congressmen/women supporting SOPA on the list. Any member of congress who opposes restoring Glass Steagall should be fair game (but if someone voted to repeal Glass Steagall, and changed their minds after seeing what a disaster Gramm-Leach has been, I'm not sure I'd want to target them). I mean, it's perfectly possible some of these people had the best intentions, but were just wrong (it happens).

If you want to go to each one and survey them on where they stand today be my guest. I have the record to work with. Any who want to change their vote is welcome to sign on to either of the reinstatement bills. I just checked H.R. 2451 and it has five co-sponsors. None voted for repeal in 1999.

You are welcome to make a web page about SOPA to inform people about that. I made a page to inform people about this Glass-Steagall.

Personally, I am very sure that I want to hold to account all of the current members of Congress who sold us out in 1999 by voting to repeal Glass-Steagall.

[-] 1 points by francismjenkins (3713) 12 years ago

Understood .... it would be interesting to see some group (not OWS, but a special interest group, like a consumer advocacy organization) put together a pledge that members of congress could sign, committing to restoring Glass Steagall.

H.R. 2451, The Glass-Steagall Restoration Act.

[-] 2 points by francismjenkins (3713) 12 years ago

Proposed by Maurice Hinchey, I'm proud to say my congressman. Upstate NY (not that far upstate really, Hudson Valley)!!!

How about vote Green Party Jill Stein?

The Green Party is Democrats lite. I have never met a Green politician who wasn't looking for a way to get the Democrats to throw them political corruption crumbs.

[-] 1 points by XXAnonymouSXX (455) 12 years ago

This sounds great. Now start to put it to action. I'm in.

First thing is for YOU to get a few like-minded friends in your community and take action on the points I posted. Kick ass. And have fun storming the castle.

[Removed]

Voting - Ultimate Flash Mob

The parties and their Wall Street pay masters depend on a high level of disaffection we the people who dislike them. the last thing they want or can counter is large numbers of disaffected Americans going to the polls and voting them out.

[-] 0 points by Wallgreed (-26) 12 years ago

Start by purging the libby's out of congress

[-] 0 points by ironboltbruce (371) from Miami, FL 12 years ago

VOTING IS MENTAL MASTURBATION IN AMERICA:

The American elections perpetually televised by our Kleptocracy-controlled media are a smokescreen of false choices distracting attention from even more false choices. At the presidential level and likely others, our election results are predetermined: If not by the billions poured into brainwashing voters through the media, then by rigging the voting machines and if necessary having a tainted judiciary overrule recounts:

Psywar: The Real Battlefield is Your Mind http://www.openfilm.com/videos/psywar

Hacking Democracy http://www.hulu.com/watch/192687/hacking-democracy

Peace! http://www.hulu.com/watch/177439/peace

This Orwellian subterfuge distracts the attention of the Sheeple from other false choices that have far more impact than which corporate puppet gets to sit in the Oval Office for four years. Those choices currently include: the National Defense Authorization Act of 2012 (NDAA) - a loss of real freedoms in return for protection from fabricated threats; the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) and Protect IP Act (PIPA) - Internet censorship disguised as intellectual property protection; and the Keystone XL Pipeline Project - which will give us dirty energy and ditch-digging jobs at an ecological cost that may include the main water supply for the American Heartland - approval for which was accelerated by a clause buried in the recent Payroll Tax Cut legislation that received bipartisan praise. This deceptive spin and doublespeak has been going on for years, and will continue at an ever-accelerating pace now that Corporate Fascist Puppet President Barack Hussein Obama signed away ou! r Bill of Rights on New Year's Eve, while we were watching balls drop and he was in Hawaii, about as far away as he could be from the uprising of an angry citizenry that never materialized...

IT IS NO COINCIDENCE THAT OF THE LAST 14 U.S. PRESIDENTS, 7 HAVE BEEN DEMOCRATS AND 7 HAVE BEEN REPUBLICANS.

Mainstream media focuses on America's two-year election cycles as if who wins or loses in the swinging of the pendulum was a matter of life or death, when in fact even at the Presidential level it makes no more difference than the outcomes of Monday Night Football, American Idol, Dancing With The Stars, Hillbilly Handfishing, the trial of Michael Jackson's doctor, or the latest Kardashian crisis. Our elections are staged to give Sheeple the illusion of control so they will (a) vent their frustrations and expend their energy, emotions and resources supporting or attacking the Puppet on the Left hand or the Puppet on the Right, and consequently (b) never recognize and challenge the common omnipotent Puppetmaster. As long as corporations own the politicians, it's futile to believe we can "CHANGE" things with our votes.

NO MORE LEFT. NO MORE RIGHT. TIME TO UNITE. STAND AND FIGHT!

IronBoltBruce via VVV PR ( http://vvvpr.com | @vvvpr )

[-] 1 points by ChristopherABrown (550) from Santa Barbara, CA 12 years ago

Good post! You have really made an accurate dynamic discription of the problem. Quite comprehensive too. Love the equation of relevancy of elections to the outcomes of TV shows:)

But the problem is not the solution. Unity is the beginning of the solution, so dissolving the differences and working on the common basis of authority the masses naturally have democratically through article V as I describe here.

http://occupywallst.org/forum/purge-congress-in-2012-plan-now-action-plan-propos/#comment-574605

Notice that ahpat attempts to say such things are resolved in courts. http://occupywallst.org/forum/purge-congress-in-2012-plan-now-action-plan-propos/#comment-575042

Which I answered with questions about what experience ahpat has with courts. No answer. In that criticism and the evasion, ahpat is working to protect the interests of the infiltrated government by attempting to divert from an Article V convention which is the furthest thing from usual politics we can find. http://occupywallst.org/forum/purge-congress-in-2012-plan-now-action-plan-propos/#comment-575099

Here ahpat is attempting to dismiss you accurate description of the problem, serving the infiltration again. http://occupywallst.org/forum/purge-congress-in-2012-plan-now-action-plan-propos/#comment-574516

We have 2 infiltrations. One of the government the other of society. These 2 pages, and the links found on them, document the social infiltration as I've encountered it.

http://algoxy.com/poly/nwo_cognitive_infiltration.html http://algoxy.com/psych/whatis9-11disinfo-sitemap.html

So there is actually an immediate local problem inhibiting our ability to create unity amongest the masses we are. I feel that my recognition of the accuracy of your description is something you will value, therein is the possibility that my perception of solution, based in constitutional defense, will be recognized by you as a legally accurate mechanism to exert the power of the majority upon the government.

But the recognition of this social infiltration here, and that our mutual ability to identify WHEN opposition IS supporting the government infiltration and adopt perceptions that absolutely serve our needs to nuetralize the immediate barrier of social infiltration, WHENEVER it pops up, makes our activism functional at each and every moment as time extends from the present into the future.

By accepting a few absolutes, we can evaluate WHEN someone is acting against that which might defend our Constitution, and permanently dismiss them. We can also know when they are just ignorant or decieved, by our reading between the lines carefully and doing some critical thinking and agreeing that mutual dismissal on that recognised status is the proper thing to do.

Stupid blow hard.

The subversion of American de4mocracy succeeds thanks to the cynical disaffection of people like you. You give the status quo its winning margin.

American Elections: False Choices Hiding Other False Choices

The American elections perpetually televised by our Kleptocracy-controlled media are a smokescreen of false choices distracting attention from even more false choices. At the presidential level and likely others, our election results are predetermined: If not by the billions poured into brainwashing voters through the media, then by rigging the voting machines and if necessary having a tainted judiciary overrule recounts:

Psywar: The Real Battlefield is Your Mind http://www.openfilm.com/videos/psywar

Hacking Democracy http://www.hulu.com/watch/192687/hacking-democracy

Peace! http://www.hulu.com/watch/177439/peace

This Orwellian subterfuge distracts the attention of the Sheeple from other false choices that have far more impact than which corporate puppet gets to sit in the Oval Office for four years. Those choices currently include: the National Defense Authorization Act of 2012 (NDAA) - a loss of real freedoms in return for protection from fabricated threats; the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) and Protect IP Act (PIPA) - Internet censorship disguised as intellectual property protection; and the Keystone XL Pipeline Project - which will give us dirty energy and ditch-digging jobs at an ecological cost that may include the main water supply for the American Heartland - approval for which was accelerated by a clause buried in the recent Payroll Tax Cut legislation that received bipartisan praise. This deceptive spin and doublespeak has been going on for years, and will continue at an ever-accelerating pace now that Corporate Fascist Puppet President Barack Hussein Obama signed away our Bill of Rights on New Year's Eve, while we were watching balls drop and he was in Hawaii, about as far away as he could be from the uprising of an angry citizenry that never materialized...

IT IS NO COINCIDENCE THAT OF THE LAST 14 U.S. PRESIDENTS, 7 HAVE BEEN DEMOCRATS AND 7 HAVE BEEN REPUBLICANS.

Mainstream media focuses on America's two-year election cycles as if who wins or loses in the swinging of the pendulum was a matter of life or death, when in fact even at the Presidential level it makes no more difference than the outcomes of Monday Night Football, American Idol, Dancing With The Stars, Hillbilly Handfishing, the trial of Michael Jackson's doctor, or the latest Kardashian crisis. Our elections are staged to give Sheeple the illusion of control so they will (a) vent their frustrations and expend their energy, emotions and resources supporting or attacking the Puppet on the Left hand or the Puppet on the Right, and consequently (b) never recognize and challenge the common omnipotent Puppetmaster. As long as corporations own the politicians, it's futile to believe we can "CHANGE" things with our votes.

NO MORE LEFT. NO MORE RIGHT. TIME TO UNITE. STAND AND FIGHT!

IronBoltBruce via VVV PR ( http://vvvpr.com | @vvvpr )

we need more good info and wisdom such as this. The rest wil stay in their slumber to be awoken abruptly when the lie is exposed by the light! STAND AND FIGHT!!

Chaos is no solution.

Chaos is never the solution. just a by product of revolution

Only violent revolution. Not existential revolution.

dear patriot, are you willing to except the fact that this is a social revolution that will bring about much sacrifice? look at what our arab brothers and sisters are facing. they and us are just getting started. this year will change the world as we know it.

How?

[-] 0 points by anonymoux (70) 12 years ago

i will say this: read "Rules for Radicals" with an open mind and message me on this site for discussion. otherwise i have to determine that you have not been listening, it is very hard in the society that we live in today, to be able to realy listen. our brains send default messages to our thought process when we dont give it the information it needs to fill in the gap. One Love!

Neither is corporate fascism.

I never said otherwise. But all that you offer is chaos vs. fascism. To that I choose NONE OF THE ABOVE. Your ideas are no better than what the corporate fascists offer us. six of one half a dozen of the other.

[-] -1 points by ironboltbruce (371) from Miami, FL 12 years ago

I do not seek chaos, clown. I am a Jeffersonian in every social and political respect. I want to restore a representative democracy ruled by the People and not the Corporations. And given a choice between Fascism and Death, I will choose Death. But I will not "go gently"...

Your chaotic rhetoric does not give that impression.

You are not nearly as clear a thinker as Jefferson so stop throwing his name around like it has anything to do with your ranting.

[-] 1 points by ironboltbruce (371) from Miami, FL 12 years ago

You are obviously not aware that Thomas Jefferson was a philosophical anarchist who accepted the State as a necessary evil within which the best government is less government. Everything thing I write, and everything I do, is consistent with that position.

LOL!

Yeah, sometimes I long for that happy bliss that comes with ignorance...

You must be ecstatic then.

You have become a pointless distraction, and if you read my original post then you know how I feel about those things. AMF

[Removed]