Forum Post: Public Awareness,US Code Title 18, RICO Violations, a Time for Reflection & Education, 800 lbs Guerrillas
Posted 3 months ago on Jan. 25, 2013, 1:04 p.m. EST by Middleaged
This content is user submitted and not an official statement
Count on the 2 party system to focus on one issue at a time and completely avoid the nine 800 lbs Guerrillas in the Room. Be sure to check a couple of Matt Taibbi Links below.
The purpose of the RICO Act was stated as "the elimination of the infiltration of organized crime and racketeering into legitimate organizations operating in interstate commerce".
1) $600 Quadrillion Dollars in US Derivatives Globally (False Pretenses, Over Reach, RICO Influence on Ratings Agencies)
2) Robust Shadow banking Industry which is Opaque, Continuing Financial Crimes, Evidence of Mass Conspiracy in Financial Circles through LIBOR Scandal, Evidence of Government Cover-up of all Financial Crimes.(RICO Violations, Conspiracy to Commint Bank Fraud and Wire Tapping, Conflict of Interest Bank Officials)
3) Marriage of Corporations to Federal Government (Influence Peddling, RICO Violations, Obstruction of Justice, Impeding an Investigation, Conflict of Interest)
4) Federal Regulations which position themselves are Primary across all Industries, but which have been captured by Industrial Revolving Door, Lobbying, and other methods, and Regulations which are being either not enforced or are being reduced to lower standards. (Regulation Capture, RICO Violations, Conflict of Interest)
5) Capture of Government by Military Industrial-Security Complex (PMIC), leading to foreign wars, and the Creation of a huge new Federal Agency DHS. (Corp Influence, Government Restructure, RICO, Conflict of Interest)
6) Job Losses in the USA, Wage Stagnation, Loss of benefits, Loss of Pensions, Loss of Retirement Funds, Under Funded Retirement Funds, No Interest or Growth in Retirement Funds or Treasury Bills, Off-Shore Corporation HQs, Off-Shore Production created on Closed US Factories/Manufacturing. (Transfer to Social Safety Net, RICO, Conflict of Interest)
7) The Rise of Corporate Oligopolies across all industries including Media, Insurance, Health Care Insurance, Big Agriculture, Big Grocery Stores, Big TBTF Banks, Big Auto Companies, Big Pharma, etc. (Anti-Trust Act, RICO on Kids by Ritalin, Adderall, Anti-depressants, Conflict of Interest FDA)
8) Letting Private Corporations Run Exchange Markets, Government Running of Stock & Commodities Markets would enforce sanity, end high speed trading, end computer trading, end naked short selling, and probably increase scrutiny of accounts and where the money is coming from. (Running a Racket, RICO Violations, Conflict of Interest Exchange Commissions)
9) Systemic Complexity Increases every year spreading risk and increasing ports where Black Swan Events can occur. Democracy is about transparency, simplicity, knowing that everyone is doing what they are supposed to do like pay taxes, count your vote on election day, discourage control fraud, discourage gift giving, discourage Conflict of Interest, discourage close relationships between government officials and Industry, and encourage Integrity.(Systemic Risk, RICO Violations Government Officials, Conflict of Interest, Influence Peddling to Congress)
A racket is an illegal business or scheme, usually run as part of organized crime. Engaging in a racket is called racketeering.
Traditionally, the word racket is used to describe a business (or syndicate) that is based on the example of the protection racket and indicates a belief that it is engaged in the sale of a solution to a problem that the institution itself creates or perpetuates, with the specific intent to engender continual patronage. One example is computer spyware that pretends to be detecting infections and offers to download a cleaning utility for a fee, being itself distributed by the maker of the cleaning utility.
When you look at it, Main Street is Prosecuted by the Law, but not Congress, Not Corporations, Not the Powerful, and Not the Wealthy
6.18.1962C-7 RICO – “Racketeering Activity” Defined “Racketeering activity,” as defined by the RICO statute [federal law], includes any acts that involve or that may be charged as any of a wide range of crimes under state or federal law.
Criminal Conspiracy as Racketeering Act. In United States v. Irizarry, 341 F.3d 273, 301 (3d Cir. 2003),
Guilt of RICO Offense by Aiding and Abetting. A defendant may be guilty of a substantive RICO offense by aiding and abetting under 18 U.S.C. § 2.