Posted 5 years ago on March 9, 2013, 8:41 p.m. EST by Middleaged
This content is user submitted and not an official statement
Doesn't Matter if you want Syndicated Anarchy, Socialism, Capitalism, or what have you... We all need to push forward and learn to Audit our Government ... in a perfect world we would push for Auditing of The Biggest Corporations and work down.
Transparency. You guys all know about this stuff.
1) Ratiings Agencies can't be paid by the organizations that they Rate
2) Independent Audit Agencies always get Caught in Fraud, you have to Rotate the Individuals that supervise and sign the Audits at least Every Year, then Rotate the Auditing Company at least every 2 Years for the Largest Corporations (make 'em work at bribing people if that is how this works)
All governments are Auditied. This provides the FOCUS for OWS and Citizens to push for Transparency. All Audits are Flawed. There is always Leverage when you look at Audits to push for a better Government.
We all have to LEARN how to Read Budgets and Read Audits.
We all have to fight for Less Conflict Of Interest in all Branches of Government. Usually this is Financial, but in Politics it can be plane rides, dinners, hotels, conventions, cars, boats, low interest mortgages, Tvs, Fur Coats, .... whatever.
Revolving Door to Industry and from Industry to Government Jobs.
Regulation Capture, less regulation for big corporations which become oligopolies, plutocracies, monopolies, or TBTF on Wall Street ... oh yeah and Big banks that don't lend to small businesses on the low interest money they get from the FED .... because they want to make high risk bets for high risk payoffs.
Governments have IGs, Inspector Generals. This is where compaints go to look for mis-management and Fraud. Many Agencies have IG Offices.
Follow the Money. Look at the Congressional Record Often to see what Congress has signed.
About GAO Website... Government Accounting Office. This is the Government Auditing for all Federal Agencies. They publish new Reports all year on the Web.
1) See Government Contractors that don't pay Taxes.
2) See Federal Employees that don't pay Taxes.
3) See Government Programs or Agency Spending that are short sighted, don't allow Financial Audit Trails, Don't cover Risk, Have Risk of Failure, Have overspent budget & Risk additional Wasteful Spending.
4) Contractors Abuse Law, get around Payroll Deductions for Unemployment Insurance creating Risk that Americans will have no safety net when Jobs End.
U.S. Export-Import Bank
Audit: Actions Needed to Promote Competitiveness and International Cooperation, GAO-12-294, Feb 7, 2012,
Troubled Asset Relief Program
Audit: Status of GAO Recommendations to Treasury GAO-13-324R, Mar 8, 2013,
Audit; Housing, Overview of GAO's Past Work on FHA's Single-Family Mortgage Insurance Programs, GAO-13-400R, Mar 7, 2013,
Audit: Private Pensions, Multiemployer Plans and PBGC Face Urgent Challenges, GAO-13-428T, Mar 5, 2013,
Audit: Overlap and Duplication, Federal Inspections of Entities Registered with the Select Agent Program, GAO-13-154, Jan 31, 2013,
http://www.gao.gov/browse/topic Homeland Security Audits Total = 1,319 Justice and Law Enforcement Total Audits = 7,725 Budget and Spending Total Audits = 4,836
Audit: Economic Development, Efficiency and Effectiveness of Fragmented Programs Are Unclear, GAO-12-553T, Mar 21, 2012,
Audit: Green Building, Federal Initiatives for the Nonfederal Sector Could Benefit from More Interagency Collaboration, GAO-12-79, Nov 2, 2011