Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: Open letter to the Government. Oath of Office. 7/28/2012

Posted 11 years ago on July 28, 2012, 11:47 p.m. EST by DKAtoday (33802) from Coon Rapids, MN
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

Sent this day 7/28/2012 An Open Letter Addressed to The President of the United States of America and to all of the currently seated members of Government and to all of the citizens of the USA to the people of the world and to all governments. Please Handle and deliver/share as you would a letter delivered by the USPS.

Mr. President and all currently seated members of Government and to all the citizens of the USA, to the governments and people of the world.

1st let me state that these letters I send to you I also send out on social media to all of the citizens of the USA to read as well - and I suppose it could be considered as open letters to the world also.

Anyway today's subject: Oath of office ( the following should be self explanatory )

Oath of office of the President of the United States

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

Oath of Office - U.S. Senate

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.

Oaths of Office For Federal Officials - Congress

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.

Oath of office - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia :

An oath of office is an oath or affirmation a person takes before undertaking the duties of an office, usually a position in government or within a religious body, although such oaths are sometimes required of officers of other organizations. Such oaths are often required by the laws of the state, religious body, or other organization before the person may actually exercise the powers of the office or any religious body. It may be administered at an inauguration, coronation, enthronement, or other ceremony connected with the taking up of office itself, or it may be administered privately. In some cases it may be administered privately and then repeated during a public ceremony.

Some oaths of office are a statement of loyalty to a constitution or other legal text or to a person or other office-holder (e.g., an oath to support the constitution of the state, or of loyalty to the king). Under the laws of a state it may be considered treason or a high crime to betray a sworn oath of office.

Should I have also included a copy of The Constitution?

Let me know and I can send you a link if you would like.

If you would like to contact the President:

http://www.barackobama.com/contact-us/ or email info2012@barackobama.com

You can also make contact here:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/submit-questions-and-comments

3 Comments

3 Comments

Read the Rules

[Removed]

[-] -1 points by DKAtoday (33802) from Coon Rapids, MN 11 years ago

Think the law could address this issue of oath & responsibility/accountability?

[-] -1 points by DKAtoday (33802) from Coon Rapids, MN 11 years ago

tweeted.