Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: October 1880 -Charles Boycott (near) Ballyglass, Co. Mayo, Ireland

Posted 12 years ago on Jan. 2, 2012, 3:31 p.m. EST by Menton (26) from New York, NY
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

Hi OWS people. Happy New Year!! I am proud of all of you and have signed up. Please take no notice of the negative branding given OWS by---- Fox Media - The 1% - GOP - Tea Party- U.S. Chamber of Commerce etc. We all know the public sector is almost 100% controlled by the "Charles Boycott Agents" representing the 1%(Global).

In October 1880, Charles Boycott (Land Agent/Sheriff for the 1% at time) wrote a letter to the The Times of London, England. In his letter he complained of the villigers / locals near Ballyglass, Co. Mayo., Ireland, using passive resistence against him and his family. But the letter backfired and gave rise to 'boycotting / passive resistence'. Later, Gandi and Martin Luther King noted this and use the method effectively in their struggles.

May I suggest more boycotting/passive-resistence in the summer of 2012.

(I am white, 60 yrs old and have a small struggling business with 3 employees)

Thank you OWS for taking on the serious work of trying to make our daily lives better and pointing out the serious injustices in this country. ie... like the rape and pillage of the country's wealth and resources by the 1%.

0 Comments

0 Comments

Read the Rules

[Removed]