Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: Occupy Wall Street costs local businesses $479,400

Posted 12 years ago on Nov. 14, 2011, 4:45 p.m. EST by dantes443322 (148)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/item_Wq8d8Q0M0W98jwaQAVPvYL#ixzz1dgY1zIDC

Really sticking it to the 1 percent there guys and gals.

5 Comments

5 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 1 points by Vooter (441) 12 years ago

Oh, well--I guess these businesses shouldn't have opened near the home of the financial Mafia. Pretty dumb move on their part....

[-] 1 points by anotherone773 (734) from Carlyle, IL 12 years ago

I cant believe how people completely disregard the first amendment when it inconviences their lives and pocketbook.First amendment trumps all other rights. Thats why its first. The second Amendment is the second most important because it guarantees we keep the first and the other 8.

[-] 1 points by forscience (2) 12 years ago

I'm not sure it triumphs all rights. For example, you can't shout "bomb!" in the middle of an airport for no reason.

While I support the OWS, it appears that an unintended byproduct of the camps is hurting some of the 99%. OWS shouldn't be a movement that forsakes it's integrity in order to achieve (a nebulously defined) success.

In short, keep it classy OWS.

[-] 0 points by justhefacts (1275) 12 years ago

Looks like OWS inspired another group's protests.

[-] 0 points by jayp74 (195) 12 years ago

They're also "sticking it" to the "99%" who work in those establishments. You know... the ones trying to make a living and get by.

It's simple-minded to think that when you hurt a rich person, you somehow help a poor one.