Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: No Mormon President No Mitt Romney 2012

Posted 11 years ago on May 28, 2012, 3:10 p.m. EST by frogmanofborneo (602) from New York, NY
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

http://nomormonpresidentnomittromney2012.blogspot.com/

Questions for Mitt Romney: Magical Mormon Underwear. Lying for The Lord, Bigotry, Secrecy and Polygamy

The United States Constitution says that there shall be " "[N]o religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States." - Article VI of the U.S. Constitution.

This means that the government cannot require a person to be of any certain faith or not of any certain faith in order to hold office. That's fine, it's admirable and it's something I agree with. This prohibition does not mean that a candidate's religious beliefs are none of your business or none of mine. What a candidate or office holder believes and how he or she lives his life matter a great deal.

Let me give you an example, an extreme example: The Massai of East Africa believe as follows:

The Maasai believe in one God, whom they call Ngai. Ngai is neither male nor female, but seems to have several different aspects. For instance, there is the saying Naamoni aiyai, which means "The She to whom I pray". There are two main manifestations of Ngai: Ngai Narok which is good and benevolent and is black; and Ngai Na-nyokie, which is angry and red, like the British. For a story which has them as separate gods, see Thunder and the Gods.

Ngai is the creator of everything. In the beginning, Ngai (which also means sky) was one with the earth, and owned all the cattle that lived on it. But one day the earth and sky separated, so that Ngai was no longer among men. The cattle, though, needed the material sustenance of grass from the earth, so to prevent them dying Ngai sent down the cattle to the Maasai by means of the aerial roots of the sacred wild fig tree, and told them to look after them. This they do to this day, quite literally taking the story as an excuse to relieve neighbouring tribes of their own livestock. Any pursuit other than a pastoral one was considered insulting to Ngai and demeaning to them. No Maasai was willing to break the ground, even to bury the dead within it, for soil was sacred on account of its producing grass which fed the cattle which belonged to God... Equally, grass has acquired a semi-sacred aura, and is held in the fist as a sign of peace, and similarly held is used for blessings during rituals, a sheaf of grass being shaken at the people or animals being blessed. No surprise, then, to find that cattle play an important role in ritual occasions, such as initiation, marriage, and the passage of one age-set to the next, where their sacrifice bridges the gap between man and God. Yet for all the deep significance cattle embody for the Maasai, a stupid person will still be referred to as a cow or a sheep!

Now if I were a rancher and I was voting for who I wanted to be sheriff I would not vote for a Massai.! They may believe whatever they want and their right to their beliefs are indeed sacred under our form of government, but their beliefs in and of themselves - well, neither you nor I are required to respect those beliefs. If those beliefs help us to predict character and behavior, they certainly are our business to know and understand!

Mitt Romney is a member of a bizarre far out anti-Christian cult know as the Mormon Religion. He has every right to believe what they preach. I have every right to say - "whoa! that's really off the chart! I think you'd be better in the private sector Mitt, away from any lever of state of governmental power."

One thing an election is good for is gauging the maturity and intelligence of the population. What would it tell us if a member of a wackadoo racist bigoted polygamous cult that despises democracy were to be elected president? And another question - would that truly "make no difference?"

4 Comments

4 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 2 points by selfsufficient11 (2) 11 years ago

Blog is absolutely fantastic! All great information can be helpful in some or the other way. Keep updating the blog,looking forward for more content. http://self-sufficient-blog.com/

[-] 1 points by arturo (3169) from Shanghai, Shanghai 11 years ago

And you're not even mentioning the worst of it. Check out the satanic rituals within Mormonism article:

http://saintsalive.com/resourcelibrary/mormonism/satanic-rituals-within-mormonism

It was published right there in Utah by the Salt Lake Tribune.

[-] 1 points by frogmanofborneo (602) from New York, NY 11 years ago

Does LaRouche take a position on Rom,mey vs. Obama?

[-] 2 points by arturo (3169) from Shanghai, Shanghai 11 years ago

No, he doesn't like either. Would prefer that we impeach Obamba to get Biden.

[Removed]