Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: #MAM #24May 2014 Act now

Posted 10 years ago on Oct. 16, 2013, 8:09 a.m. EST by lamidesbetes (2) from Evry, IdF
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

‪#‎labelit‬ : I still support the idea we should organize for ‪#‎24M‬ ‪#‎MAM‬ to develop our own label ‪#‎GMOFREE‬ including financial investments into ‪#‎Monsanto‬ for compagnies that don't use gmo: it more usefull. Do you take fairtrade labeled products or products wihtout 'fairtrade free' label? It could be more impactfull in markets seeing thousands of trademarks using such a label for their advertsing (like fairtrade fashion in fact). This is the only way for having a real impact on the economy of monsanto, in my point of view...

1 Comments

1 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 0 points by HCHC4 (-28) 10 years ago

I noticed quite a rift in the action between those who think it needs labels, vs those who think Monsanto should just be banned outright. The later would be much harder to pull off, but the first could very well end up like the transfat issue.

Labeled, yes, but under 1.0 grams can still be labeled as 0 grams transfat. Also then just calling it something else, partially hydrogenized whatever.

That being said, hopefully the groups across the world had their sign up list, and do their debriefing meeting soon, inviting all of those who showed up for the first time to get them involved. Momentum is key.