Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: Let's rewind to October 2011 & look at what Kalle Lasn had to say in the Washington Post about the movement he helped launch...

Posted 12 years ago on March 1, 2012, 11:45 p.m. EST by therising (6643)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

What are your thoughts on what he said here, the accuracy of his predictions and the future of the Occupy movement? Pls. see link below

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/blogpost/post/occupy-wall-street-an-interview-with-kalle-lasn-the-man-behind-it-all/2011/10/12/gIQAC81xfL_blog.html

4 Comments

4 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 3 points by GypsyKing (8708) 12 years ago

It seems to me that he is pretty correct about how the movement has evolved so far. It's hard to know, of course, whether his predictions will pan out, but I liked what he had to say about a soft revolution to remove corporatocracy, and to reinstitute a genuine and responsive democracy.

That is certainly in line with my view of this movements goals, and if we accomplish it - it will be the greatest political triumph since Ghandi, a real landmark in the evolution of human society and human consciousness.

So all I can say is that I very much hope it plays out that way.

[-] 2 points by therising (6643) 12 years ago

I completely agree with what you said here and hope the same thing!

[Removed]

[-] 1 points by GypsyKing (8708) 12 years ago

I was interesting to get a sense of who Lasn is. From that brief interview he struck me very favorably. I think the trolls spend a fair amont of time here misrepresenting him as some kind of Jim Jones or Charles Manson or something. From my impression from this piece in the Washington Post, nothing could be further from the case.

A very rational and perseptive man was my impression.

Not, of course, that I bought what they were selling, but it's good to get a more solid impression of the man.

[-] 1 points by therising (6643) 12 years ago

Was he right about where the movement would head?