Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: It's not just the 1% that need to wake up: If we the 99% become CONSCIOUS and awake, then we can turn this world around.

Posted 1 year ago on Dec. 28, 2012, 11:43 a.m. EST by therising (6643)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

I think we should ALL be more conscious and present in our waking hours. That seems to be the most important thing we can do. I don't think we're very present as a rule during the 16 hours a day we're awake. If we calm down, let our minds settle like a jar if muddy water and we become more present (mindful of what we are doing moment to moment instead of distracted multitaskers), we'll be able see the connections, the delicate and beautiful interdependence of the world we live in. Instead of isolated parts and me against them, we'll see and be conscious of a web of interrelationships. This is exactly what scientists are discovering with particle physics. The only way to define particles at the subatomic level is by seeing their relationship with other particles. A web of relationships. Think about trees, plants, forests, insects, sunlight, rain... Think about the web of relationships and interconnections. Think about the interdependence. What makes us so silly to think we aren't a part of that dance?

Once we see ourselves as part of an interconnected whole, we're more likely to see what we have in common than what separated us. And the sooner we do that, the sooner we can begin to make decisions from a position of unified strength instead of demands from a position of divided weakness. Once we unify, it will be impossible for 1% of the population to exploit the other 99%. After all, there's only 1 of them for every 99 of us.

Here's how I think a shift in mindset could change everything: http://occupywallst.org/forum/new-view-why-gun-control-peace-treaties-campaign-f/

3 Comments

3 Comments


Read the Rules
[-] 1 points by therising (6643) 1 year ago

The ball is kind of our court, not the 1%'s court. We the 99% can determine our future. Another world is truly possible.

[-] -1 points by Coyote88 (-24) 1 year ago

Nope. Try again.

[-] 1 points by therising (6643) 1 year ago

What do you mean? Did you even read the link? Maybe try this one if you're ready: http://occupywallst.org/forum/hope-vs-despair-why-chris-hedges-is-right-and-the-/