Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: In Memoriam: Andrew Breitbart (1969-2012)............

Posted 12 years ago on March 1, 2012, 10:21 a.m. EST by nytefury (-57)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

With a terrible feeling of pain and loss we announce the passing of Andrew Breitbart.

Andrew passed away unexpectedly from natural causes shortly after midnight this morning in Los Angeles. We have lost a husband, a father, a son, a brother, a dear friend, a patriot and a happy warrior. Andrew lived boldly, so that we more timid souls would dare to live freely and fully, and fight for the fragile liberty he showed us how to love. Andrew recently wrote a new conclusion to his book, Righteous Indignation: I love my job. I love fighting for what I believe in. I love having fun while doing it. I love reporting stories that the Complex refuses to report. I love fighting back, I love finding allies, and—famously—I enjoy making enemies. Three years ago, I was mostly a behind-the-scenes guy who linked to stuff on a very popular website. I always wondered what it would be like to enter the public realm to fight for what I believe in. I’ve lost friends, perhaps dozens. But I’ve gained hundreds, thousands—who knows?—of allies. At the end of the day, I can look at myself in the mirror, and I sleep very well at night. Andrew is at rest, yet the happy warrior lives on, in each of us.

http://biggovernment.com/

143 Comments

143 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 6 points by brightonsage (4494) 12 years ago

He was one of a kind. We can only hope, the last of that kind.

[-] 5 points by shoozTroll (17632) 12 years ago

It will be nice to have an election cycle with one less dedicated liar.

May he reap in the afterlife, what he has sown in this life.

[-] 3 points by JuanFenito (847) 12 years ago

Hey Shooz-haven't seen you on in a while. Hope all is well. Do you know where Zen went?

[-] 2 points by shoozTroll (17632) 12 years ago

I had a root canal dug the other day........:)

Zen? I think he just reached the end of his patience with our resident (R)epelican'ts.

[-] 2 points by MattLHolck (16833) from San Diego, CA 12 years ago

it takes more energy to be angry

[-] 1 points by shoozTroll (17632) 12 years ago

That's why I try not to let them get to me.......:)

[-] 1 points by JuanFenito (847) 12 years ago

The trolls? Pheh. I don't hear any.

Cheers

[-] 1 points by fiftyfourforty (1077) from New York, NY 12 years ago

amen.

[Removed]

[-] -1 points by uncensored (104) 12 years ago

Everyday you prove what a sick, nasty, old f*ck you are. And you wonder why your family hates visiting you? Look in the mirror.

[-] -2 points by FreeDiscussion5 (12) 12 years ago

Off the top of your head,,,, can you give ONE LIE. An example of a LIE. I know,,, you will now search the internet because you dont have one,,, but in the spirit of the question that I ask,,, give all of us ONE example of a lie that he made. One that can be backed up with your truth.

[-] 3 points by MattLHolck (16833) from San Diego, CA 12 years ago

I quoted an old cliche' saying

"no two countries with nuclear weapons ever went to war with each other"

someone pointed out Pakistan and India

but

The Indo-Pakistani War of 1971 was a military conflict between India and Pakistan. Indian, Bangladeshi and international sources consider the beginning of the war to be Operation Chengiz Khan, Pakistan's December 3, 1971 pre-emptive strike on 11 Indian airbases.[22][23] Lasting just 13 days it is considered one of the shortest wars in history.[24][25]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indo-Pakistani_War_of_1971

and

Pakistan began focusing on nuclear weapons development in January 1972 under the leadership of Prime Minister Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto, who delegated the program to the Chairman of PAEC Munir Ahmad Khan. In 1976

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pakistan_and_weapons_of_mass_destruction

so I guess maybe the quote is correct

Well, that was that whole ACORN thing.

Plus numerous threads of his lies posted here.

[-] -1 points by FreeDiscussion5 (12) 12 years ago

You replied with "That whole ACORN thing"????????? That's YOUR reply to the "LIES"???? You have got to be kidding. That ACORN thing......... You are so smart. Actually you belong to the sub-99% group. (that whole ACORN thing,,,,,, lol)

He lied about ACORN.

Difficult for you to understand?

Yes, I suppose it would be.

[-] -1 points by FreeDiscussion5 (12) 12 years ago

That clears it up. Thanks for submitting the details of "the" LIE. Now I understand the issue. "HE LIED ABOUT ACORN." Clear as punch. (I guess he spelled ACORN wrong? They opened at 8:00am and he reported they actually opened at 8:30am? FLASH, THIS JUST IN. Reporter shooz has this special report. "HE LIED. I will have more details when they become available. Now back to you."

There was NOTHING the man said or did that was clear.

Except his absolute hate of anything even slightly liberal.

Even slightly outside of his beliefs, which were false anyway.

http://www.democracynow.org/2011/5/17/getting_wise_to_breitbarts_lies_missouri

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201104200041

http://www.charlestoncitypaper.com/HaireoftheDog/archives/2012/03/01/andrew-breitbart-remembering-a-traitor-who-used-lies-and-trickery-to-deceive-his-fellow-americans

http://gawker.com/5810425/the-three-lies-of-andrew-breitbart

http://www.alternet.org/teaparty/151236/10_reasons_andrew_breitbart_should_apologize_%28or_just_shut_up_and_go_away%29/v

http://www.newscorpse.com/ncWP/?p=4350

http://www.salon.com/topic/andrew_breitbart/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oQEaEP8-jA

Since you are obviously unaware of the lies told about ACORN, here's some other examples of his lies, including lies about Occupy.

If these aren't enough for your lust, there are others, but you will need to learn how to google.

Just know that that he was not an honest man.

[-] -2 points by FreeDiscussion5 (12) 12 years ago

I not interested in reading the crap you spent ALL day trying to find. If you didnt have 10 and you didnt have even 1 example of a true lie he had made earlier in the day. One MUST assume that he did not lie since it took you all f'n day to dig up SOMETHING. You wasted your day. You need to gather your belongings and leave the property. You made a fool of yourself. Next case.

[-] 3 points by shoozTroll (17632) 12 years ago

What can I say?

You prefer to be misled.

So go ahead and babble your hyperbole.

It's all you're capable of.

[Removed]

[-] -3 points by FreeDiscussion5 (12) 12 years ago

You failed the assignment. You get an "F"

[+] -4 points by B76RT (-357) 12 years ago

what did breitbart lie about?

Why don't you tell me what he didn't lie about?

It would be much easier.

[-] -3 points by Carlitini99 (-167) 12 years ago

that's a lazy answer from a lazy man.

I'm not going to post them all again.

It's you who's too lazy to look them up.

Teabagger fact checking is notoriously piss poor.

[-] -2 points by Carlitini99 (-167) 12 years ago

silvered haired pony tail guy, its Tea Party not what you said, though you probably are more familiar with your word than most normal people.

Teabagger was the nik they chose, before they knew what it meant.

I continue to use the term, to remind myself of just how lame the movement is. Just how poorly they do their homework.

Just how many other lies do they accept?

Thanks for your lame and misinformed answer.

You're dismissed.

IQ check: you are so stupid. teab...r was started by David Gergen when talking to Cooper on CNN. get your facts straight you pervert. what is worse than a liberal, a stupid liberal (i.e. you)

You watch way too much TV.

I'm going by what some of the early teabaggers called themselves, you know, the ones I met in REAL life.

Have fun in your little, limited fantasy world.

Thinking backwards, won't move you forward.

It will just turn you into a (R)epelican't.

[Removed]

Going postal again, snooz? You are all talk and no action. You just sit around all day and night in your Cliff Clayvin uniform, trying to sound informed and important. Have you ever done a Google search that didn't include the keywords "liberal point of view" in it?

[-] -3 points by B76RT (-357) 12 years ago

it would be easier for you because you are unaware of what stories he broke. to help you out, he was right about weiner , right about sherrod, right about acron.

I didn't think you could find anything.

See my post below for some of his many lies.

anthony weiner,.....shirley sherrod. he didnt lie about acorn,.........acorn is a criminal enterprise. they showed their criminality on tape to o'keefe.

[-] 4 points by shoozTroll (17632) 12 years ago

You got one out of three.

The rest are out and out lies and distortions.

Too bad he didn't investigate FLAKESnews.

I wonder why?

wrong, all three are truth.

Only to the highly misled.

I did provide links that prove otherwise.

He was a man who made a farce of journalism.

For that alone, he earned my disrespect.

he told the truth, something that democrats/libs/ progressives can't live with.

He lied like a rug.....!!!

That's why he was on FLAKESnews so much, birds of a feather and all.

But then. they aren't particularly concerned about journalism either.

did he lie about weiner? no .did he lie about sherrod? no. did he lie about acorn? no. do you watch abcnbccbscnnmsnbc? do you listen to carney ( an appropriate name ) ,the baghdad bob of the current administratio?. are you a devotee of farakhan? do you believe that 0bama never heard a word that jeramiah wright said in the 20 years he was a member of wrights church? are you so consumed with hatred of anyone that questions this administration's policies and members that you can't/won't think for yourself?

Yes! He was a liar. Sorry, but it's true.

If you look below, I provided some links. There's tons more if you don't like those, but you will need to learn how to google.

What the hell was all that mindless crap you posted.

Just mindless crap?

[-] -2 points by OccuMich (-4) 12 years ago

Lawmaker wants answers after cost estimate for health insurance aid rises by $111B

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/03/02/lawmaker-wants-answers-after-cost-estimate-for-health-insurance-aid-rises-by/#ixzz1nz3XR5Ea

[-] 0 points by shoozTroll (17632) 12 years ago

FLAKESnews??

Really???

Are you sure you don't have a quote from Karl??

the biggest liars in the usa,.....barry soetoro and his adminstration. p.s. breitbart was not a liar. the people he exposed were.

Why is it that "conservatives" are so incredibly lazy of mind?

Do you also think Limbaugh tells the truth?

How about Hannity? Beck?

No wonder you people are so very lost in time.

[-] -1 points by Carlitini99 (-167) 12 years ago

B76RT, a helpful note, shooz is one of the 'challenged' occupiers. a 'useful idiot' as there never was before.

[-] -1 points by B76RT (-357) 12 years ago

yes, a useful idiot, but really a pawn.

[+] -5 points by nytefury (-57) 12 years ago

In the negative spirit of your post,may you do the same.

A feller like yourself must enjoy the maximum amount of lying then.

Don't worry, FLAKESnews is still out there, lying away just for you.

[-] 0 points by JuanFenito (847) 12 years ago

Ha ha! Flakesnews, that's what they are!

[-] 5 points by GreedKills (1119) 12 years ago

Great men do not accuse a group of protesters trying to win back their country of rape.....

[Removed]

[-] -2 points by nytefury (-57) 12 years ago

Great men do not drive their car off a bridge into the water and leave a pregnant women to die while they leave back to the hotel room to sleep it off.

[-] 2 points by GreedKills (1119) 12 years ago

What does that have to do with Breitbart being a total asshole????

[+] -6 points by nytefury (-57) 12 years ago

Breitbart wasn't a "total asshole" that's just your uninformed Leftist opinion.

I guess I have to explain,my post was countering your post by describing a true ASSHOLE that was Ted Kennedy. Ted was a real honest to God piece of shit ASSHOLE. Brietbart was a great man who accomplished great things not a fucking murdering rich liar.

So I just was giving you some perspective,so you could maybe make a more informed judgement. Breitbart was exactly right about OWS and the incidents of rape,you may be in denial but nonetheless there were rapes and murders at OWS camps. These are facts. Just except it for what it is.

[-] 1 points by GreedKills (1119) 12 years ago

What did this great man accomplish????? Lies and distortion??? Your right wing hate has warped your mind. List all the great things this coke snorting drunk has done to improve anyone's life except lining his own pockets with his hate and lies.

[-] 0 points by XenuLives (1645) from Charlotte, NC 12 years ago

lolwut

[-] 5 points by MichaelBlack17 (40) 12 years ago

"Natural causes" at age 43? I would suppose there are some things being covered up, here. Nobody grieved when the most renown German fascist propagandist went down, a day ahead of his boss. And, it would be a travesty if one of America's most famous was honored as anything more.

[-] 1 points by bensdad (8977) 12 years ago

Hillary must have murdered him

[-] 1 points by JPB950 (2254) 12 years ago

It happens at times, I know. Either way an autopsy will determine cause of death. He believed in something and worked for a goal, you can at least respect that even if you don't share the goal.

[Removed]

[+] -5 points by Carlitini99 (-167) 12 years ago

you are disgusting, another loony left who celebrates when a man passes away.

[-] 5 points by GreedKills (1119) 12 years ago

Wiki: In the hours immediately following Senator Ted Kennedy's death, Breitbart called Kennedy a "villain", a "duplicitous bastard", a "prick" and "a special pile of human excrement."

[Removed]

Breitbart should have shown more respect. Old Teddy probably had a hard enough time after having killed Mary Jo.

[-] 4 points by Bonobobastic (8) 12 years ago

It is a generally unhappy moment when someone dies relatively young. However relief and satisfaction are appropriate to be feeling when a self-serving opportunist and demagogue passes. The earth is well-rid of another hate and fear monger, even if there are plenty to take his place.

you are disgusting. i would be happy if Mahmoud Imadinnerjacket of Iran, Hugo Chavez, the Leader of N. Korea, any muslim terrorist died. but to celebrate the death of a fellow american who never hurt anyone is sick. there is freedom of speech in the U.S, and i know that you left wingers want to ban conservative speech but i ain't going to happen. go to hell Bozobobastic

[-] 2 points by Chimptastic (67) 12 years ago

Sorry for the change in name, my accounts regularly stop working on this site. But in response, you SHOULD be glad if Dinnerjacket dies, or if Jong Un dies, or any terrorist dies, and you definitely should be glad if Chavez dies, his manner of demagoguery is almost indistinguishable from Breitbart's. People who make it their business to spread hate and fear SHOULD be detested, thankfully it seems you are starting to learn that. Also no where in my post did I mention left, right, or censorship, and I certainly don't know how you equated my satisfaction with his death as somehow causing your rights to expression to be curtailed (though you have been responding to others as well so you may have included that last part as a result of mistaking my post for someone else's).

Breitbart was a conservative publisher to compare him to any of the leaders i mentioned is sick. Even Media Matters is being civil about his death. But you said 'the earth is well-rid......' . That is sick.

he brought down that over exposed charmer, anthony wiener, shirley sherrod, and acorn. if you are about truth than you should be greatful fo Breitbart.

[-] 4 points by MichaelBlack17 (40) 12 years ago

Actually, I was registered as a, and voted straight, Republican, at all levels of government, for over 25 years. It was the rise of this type lack of truth-telling, and the awful damage it did, that persuaded me I needed to make adjustments -- that somehow my natural economic (and, social) philosophy was being abused for some racist, power end. So, I might well be looney, but left was anything but me. .

oh sure, and i believe in the tooth fairy

[-] 2 points by MichaelBlack17 (40) 12 years ago

100% true; I am a born-again Christian and a generation-long Business professor (15 years of it, at Christian colleges in the Los Angeles area). I don't know that voting records are ever made public, but I could give you the names and e-mail addresses of many, many people who have known me, the past thirty years. That's the part that has floored me, about the "new right" -- namely, how little interest in facts there is (just a narrative that must make the facts fit the perception.) I would think that your first response should have been, "OK, what happened?" And, in a word, the answer is that my personal belief is that the true Reagan Republicans are the folks that this "new right" calls "RINO's" (Republicans In Name, Only). Reagan tolerated the social wing (as part of his governing coalition), but certainly wasn't one of them (as an economic conservative). The only difference between me -- and, say, a Colin Powell (who was told by Sen John Thune and former VP Dick Cheney that he wasn't really a Republican) -- is that I said "OK, bye-bye (if that is the way you are going to think and act, then count me 'out'.)"

i just don't believe that you could support the democrats. you sound like a plant. a real christian supporting democrats? come on, they are the most anti-christian party around.

[-] 2 points by MichaelBlack17 (40) 12 years ago

You're partly right. The Democrats DO oppose so much of what the Christian Coalition is about. But, generalizing, a little; there are a lot of Black Christians in the Democratic Party. And, of course, in excess of 95% of Blacks voting in 2008 voted for Obama, not McCain. And, in the primaries, the percentage of Blacks voting doubled, sinking Hillary. So, it's not so much that Democrats oppose, or even hate, Christianity -- they hate the Tea Party Christianity, that thinks it has some papal lock on faith and understanding. Take health care: I am writing you, from Taiwan -- a place that has a single-payer, government-run health system. Private insurance companies are illegal. Of course, in the US, that would be considered "Communism". But, these people are the world's most anti-Communist (with 2,000 Communist missiles pointed their way). I injured, and reinjured, my back -- and, it cost me $US 150 to go through all the specialists and rehab (half that cost being just for the Cat-Scan.) I hope this doesn't get out, because it is not public knowledge, over here, yet, but my wife (nearly exactly Breitbart's age) may, well, have cancer (we're hoping it is, still, just in the nose, ears and throat, and not spread to the brain). But, the worst that could happen, financially -- namely, long term care, followed by her passing -- would cost a few thousand dollars (US) out of pocket. What could be un-Christian, or anti-Christian, about wanting that for our families, and every one of our countrymen's families?

taiwan is a smaller country w/o free loading illegals running around. Of course blacks voted for Obama, Obama is black and a democrat. blacks always have voted democrat before the democrat party went nuts and anti religion. But look at prop 8 (forbid gay marraige) in Cal, blacks overwhelmingly supported it Drove the liberals nuts.

[-] -3 points by Pujete (160) from New York, NY 12 years ago

We should have more reverence for an act of God.

[-] 4 points by GypsyKing (8708) 12 years ago

Say a prayer for Abbey Hoffman, a man who stood for his convictions in spite of harassment, imprisonment and multiple cases of state brutality for twenty five years (and I never once heard a right-winger say anything other then that he deserved to get beaten-up for excercizing those constitutional rights they favor so "judiciously" ).

You write your condolences for Abbey and I'll do so for this fellow Britbart,

From what I read about Hoffman he was a drug addict,protester,social unrest provocateur and much more of course but,why would I offer condolences for Hoffman?.....and why are you trying to make a comparison between Breitbart and Hoffman?

Breitbart was a talented,responsible,impassioned patriot who actually did accomplish positive things in his life.

Not real a comparison can be made between these two people. So I guess you won't be writing your condolences for Breitbart after all, BFD.

[-] 1 points by GypsyKing (8708) 12 years ago

You don't know a real patriot from a sold-out neo-con-man, sorry. But I'll say I'm sorry he's dead anyway, because we're all just human, and we are all flawed. In the end we really all have more in common than we may believe.

" In the end we really all have more in common than we may believe."

That is something we all can agree on.

[-] 4 points by GypsyKing (8708) 12 years ago

Thanks. I HATE the divide that has grown between Americans. I wish you would actually look at the conviction and courage of Abbey Hoffman. He believed in radical freedom. In many ways he was not far from a liberatarian, but he was highly educated, and had, I believe, a deeper understanding of the complexity of the problems we have to confront together.

I essentially agree with liberatarians in their aims, I have always just felt their soultions are overly simplistic to address the complexities of the modern world. But the truth is that under it all we are all human and are all groping towards solutions in our own ways; and so we should not be at each others throats the way we are.

That is no way for us to come together and save this country. So I will say it again - even though I didn't agree with his politics, I am sorry he is gone,and I am sorry for his family, because we must all pass through the valley of the shadow of death, together.

[-] 1 points by nytefury (-57) 12 years ago

Very well stated. Thanks.

[-] 2 points by GirlFriday (17435) 12 years ago

Well, everyone except you.

[-] 4 points by epa1nter (4650) from Rutherford, NJ 12 years ago

Breitbart's dead?

AWESOME!

[-] 3 points by DKAtoday (33802) from Coon Rapids, MN 12 years ago

Karma?

If so?

Maybe the Rush should start mending fences, Hey?

[-] 2 points by ARod1993 (2420) 12 years ago

It's sad that his family lost him (but then again I have to wonder what kind of husband and father he was when he spent his entire life spewing hate and filth, and has been known to have substance abuse issues), and Weiner was ten kinds of an idiot for doing what he did. You could even say in some ways getting nailed by someone as low as Breitbart served him right and I wouldn't argue much. I'll even give you that it's a bit easier not to want to strangle him now that he's done for good.

That said, the fact that he's no longer our problem doesn't excuse the damage he did when he was our problem, and neither I nor many others are going to forgive him for that simply because he's dead. He's still the guy who cost Shirley Sherrod her job over a deliberately mis-edited video. He's still the guy that one that gloated and hurled insults and told Chappaquiddick one-liners all over Twitter the day Ted Kennedy died. He's still the guy who got away with showing an artfully cut propaganda film implying that ACORN was a den of whores and child traffickers to a judge and pretty much destroyed them. None of that damage has magically been undone or healed simply because he took his bile off this plane of existence.

Dead or alive, Andrew Breitbart has a hell of a lot to answer for, and the fact that the attacks and character assassinations have stopped (albeit involuntarily) is nowhere near enough to earn him forgiveness. I have better things to do with my time than piss on his grave, but don't expect me to be sorry he's gone.

ARod, you are destroying yourself by being here. Your assimilation is almost complete. Hatred will soon consume you.

[-] 0 points by MattLHolck (16833) from San Diego, CA 12 years ago

no.

[Removed]

[-] -1 points by craigdangit (326) 12 years ago

What criteria must a person meet in order for you to rejoice when they are dead?

[-] 3 points by epa1nter (4650) from Rutherford, NJ 12 years ago

Liars who destroy other people's lives for personal gain meet my criteria. The man was pure evil, willing to hurt millions to further his twisted agenda. There may be no more truth in the world with his demise, but the lies are just a little less loud.

[-] 0 points by craigdangit (326) 12 years ago

All politicians qualify for your requirement. I shall rejoice with you next time one of them kicks it.

[-] 1 points by epa1nter (4650) from Rutherford, NJ 12 years ago

In fact you fit the description pretty well yourself.

[-] 1 points by craigdangit (326) 12 years ago

Okay. What did I say that makes me fit the description?

[-] 1 points by epa1nter (4650) from Rutherford, NJ 12 years ago

Oops, sorry. I completely misread your post, and was responding to something that simply wasn't there. My humblest apologies.

[+] -6 points by nytefury (-57) 12 years ago

Yeah,I'm sure you think Breitbart's activism is all but over,go yuck it up epa.

Think again though,cause his legacy will live on,making Leftists and Liberal Media shit bricks and exposing their criminality and hypocrisy. He has inspired many people to pick up where left off. You haven't heard the last of Andrew and his Conservative message.

Andrew Breitbart lives on!!

Yup. Lies outlive the liar.

But at least he's not around to generate new ones. And one less evil fuck in the world is always a cause for celebration.

[-] 0 points by JuanFenito (847) 12 years ago

What are his top ten lies? I have some doozies from the windbags on the right, but not BBart in particular.

[-] 5 points by epa1nter (4650) from Rutherford, NJ 12 years ago

Everything he did was based on distortions and lies. The Sherrod incident was the most notorious, but nothing he touched was without mendacity. Finding something he DIDN'T lie about would be a challenge.

[-] -2 points by skylar (-441) 12 years ago

Anthony Weiner.

[-] 2 points by epa1nter (4650) from Rutherford, NJ 12 years ago

Oh, goody. You found the ONE. You met the challenge. He exposed the real serious political wrongdoing of a guy for taking pictures of his penis.

Not be a good asswipe and join Breitbart.

[+] -4 points by Carlitini99 (-167) 12 years ago

tell us one lie. you can't can you? you are just angry because he uncovered corruption on the left, something occupy should support, not hide from. Acorn's corruption is the best example, not to mention Rep Weiner. i support routing out corruption on the right and left, occupy should do the same.

[-] -3 points by skylar (-441) 12 years ago

carl,............ dont you know by now that ows people and dems /libs progressives don't deal in truths.

what?? oh yeah, sorry i lost my rational thought for a moment there. : )

[-] 1 points by francismjenkins (3713) 12 years ago

As if they're not ALL full of shit, corporate tools? I mean, surely you're not naive enough to think the republi-cant's aren't at least as narcissistic as the demo-craps?

[-] -3 points by nytefury (-57) 12 years ago

Yeah,everybody is fucked up,nobody can be trusted,Republicans are exactly like the Democrats,everyone is corrupt,the Constitution is an old out of date POS paper that needs to be burned,nothing matters,there's no hope,anarchy is all we have left. Let's all go camp in the park till we either die of a disease or we wake up in new Utopian world with free sex and drugs for everybody. Does this about sum it up for you?

The guy's dead, and that does not make you stop to reflect for one moment, but simply, blindly - you go on spewing nothing but pointless hatred. How unutterably sad. Have you know capacity for spiritual reflection at all? I don't know what drives people like you, but I do know that their lives always end in sadness and alienation. There is no other outcome for such spiritual poverty. If for one moment you sensed the yawning void that is opening before you, you would be seized by horror, terror and unfathomable remorse.

[-] 0 points by nytefury (-57) 12 years ago

What are you talking about? The post you just replied to was a sarcastic response to francis who is spouting the same old tired rhetoric about Reps are no different than Dems.

There was no hatred meant by my reply to francis merely demonstrating the absurdity of his point by being absurd.

I have reflected on this death of Breitbart along with all the other family members I've lost in the last few years.

So I don't know how you came to this conclusion that you just posted,I don't believe I've given you or anybody else any reason to think otherwise.

Sometimes sarcasm has to be sifted through for awhile before a real understanding can be made. I'm guilty of misunderstanding a few posts simply because I knee jerked and didn't fully digest the context.

I see.

[-] 1 points by francismjenkins (3713) 12 years ago

Golly dang jeseezus paaa, dem dang city slickers are trying to tell me politicians are corporate tools, but I know better. I know I can trust em, specially the one's who say they wuv jesus (duhh).

I know anyone who says otherwise, must be a drugged out hippy (cause, my pastor told me so).

Sheeple of America unite against intellectualism, cause, reading books is just too damn complicated.

Breitbart was a complete and utter douchebag. He edited videos and crap?
I'm not crying.

[-] 2 points by cJessgo (729) from Port Jervis, PA 12 years ago

Just awful,who was he?what did he do?will life go on?Will the flags at what is left of our post offices be at half mast?Will we be given time off from work to pay our respects?Perhaps a new mounument on our national mall.

[-] 2 points by nobnot (529) from Kapaa, HI 12 years ago

Happy days are here again!

[-] -3 points by nytefury (-57) 12 years ago

I felt the same way when Ted Kennedy croaked.

Ted was an old man. Andy not to dandy stoped his ticker cause he could not stop his stimulants.

Irrelevant. Ted was a POS murder,Andrew was a good man that used his life to make positive change at the expense of lying,criminal Leftists.

Not true dandy andy was a paid corporate mouth.Unlike Ted Kennedy Fat Andy did nothing for the american people.He could not keep his mouth closed and his nose killed him in the end.He contributed nothing.took up space and is yesterdays two line obit.

[-] -1 points by nytefury (-57) 12 years ago

You would have some veracity,but your reply is only Leftist propaganda opinion,not facts.

"He contributed nothing."

Over the past several years, Breitbart has built up a reputation as an unrelenting conservative warrior. Many have described him as fearless for his undeterred effort to question and criticize many on the left. He was never afraid of taking on his political opponents or entering into unfriendly territory to make his points about the validity and importance of conservatism.

In launching a series of “Big” sites, Breitbart took the offensive in the political battle of ideas. The list of websites he helped establish include “Big Government,” “Big Journalism” and “Big Hollywood.” For over the past two years, I have felt privileged and honored to serve as a contributor to the latter. Earlier in his career, Breitbart also helped launch “The Huffington Post” and he served as an integral part in the success of “The Drudge Report.”

In an unusual but thoughtful move, Matt Drudge-- the editor of "The Drudge Report-- released a short statement yesterday praising Breitbart. He wrote, “In the first decade of the DRUDGEREPORT Andrew Breitbart was a constant source of energy, passion and commitment. We shared a love of headlines, a love of the news, an excitement about what's happening.”

http://townhall.com/columnists/johnhanlon/2012/03/02/in_memoriam__andrew_breitbart

Author: Righteous Indignation

In RIGHTEOUS INDIGNATION, Breitbart talks about the key issues that Americans face, how he has aligned himself with the Tea Party, and how one needs to deal with the liberal news world head on. Along the way, he details his early years, working with Matt Drudge, the Huffington Post, and so on, and how Breitbart developed his unique style of launching key websites to help get the word out to conservatives all over.A rollicking and controversial read, Breitbart will certainly raise your blood pressure, one way or another.

How Andrew Breitbart Advanced the Cause Diane Ellis, Ed.

I'll kick us off with the things that stood out to me in reading through Ricochet's large collection of Breitbart tributes and remembrances:

1. As Ben Domenech noted a few months ago, conservatives really lag in the arena of investigative journalism. Andrew Breitbart did more to expose the stories that the rest of the media either conveniently ignored or even worked hard to keep under wraps than anyone else.

In the process, he: exposed Anthony Weiner's lies, ultimately driving him out of office which paved the way for a Republican to assume office in NY-9 for the first time since 1923; drove ACORN into extinction.

1. He built up a whole lot of invaluable internet infrastructure that has proven to be an important set of resources for the right. From Breitbart.com to Big Government, Big Hollywood, Big Journalism, Big Peace, and with an assist to the Drudge Report.

But to be sure that Conor has a thorough list of the things that conservatives consider to be Andrew's biggest professional achievements, I put the query to the Ricochet community.

http://ricochet.com/main-feed/How-Andrew-Breitbart-Advanced-the-Cause

That's a REAL short list,but I'm sure that won't influence you. Breitbart,regardless of Leftist bullshit lies was a phenomenal Conservative activist. You as a Leftist activist should at least recognize and praise him for that aspect of his life.

He was such a lying ass dog. Of course, you knew that already. This is all faux rage on your part. Nobody has any respect for someone who edits videos to take them out of context.

[-] 1 points by nobnot (529) from Kapaa, HI 12 years ago

Ted was a statesman Andy was a coker

[-] 0 points by nytefury (-57) 12 years ago

Typical Leftist,ignore the truth and continue with the lie.

[-] 1 points by nobnot (529) from Kapaa, HI 12 years ago

Did not know I was a leftist,just not a fan of corporate propagandist.

[Removed]

[-] 2 points by Pujete (160) from New York, NY 12 years ago

The fats in the fire!

[-] 2 points by jph (2652) 12 years ago

Good riddance. <dances on grave>

[Removed]

[Removed]

[+] -6 points by Carlitini99 (-167) 12 years ago

you are going to hell. or maybe you already live in your liberal manufactured hell.

[-] 4 points by jph (2652) 12 years ago

There is no hell, or invisible man in the sky for that matter. Why would you try to "defame" me with the word Liberal, is that supposed to hurt?

[-] 5 points by XenuLives (1645) from Charlotte, NC 12 years ago

I guess we missed the memo that "liberal" is now an official bad word, LOL.

funny, but 'liberal' did become a negative word.

you can be an atheist until you are on your death bed, then all atheist find religion. For the atheist in you, i gave you the choice of a 'liberal manufactured hell'. Liberalism may not hurt you, but it does hurt the U.S.A.

[-] 4 points by XenuLives (1645) from Charlotte, NC 12 years ago

Nah, liberalism is actually pretty awesome. Caring for other people, you should try it some time.

[+] -4 points by Carlitini99 (-167) 12 years ago

you must be rich, because the rest of us can't afford liberalism: free college education, free healthcare, abortions on demand, open borders, welfare and healthcare and free education for illegal aliens, sensitivity training, ballots in hundred's of languages, loans for homes for people who can't afford them, public Union collective bargaining, blaming the U.S. for everything, loving the Muslims or any 'victim' of the U.S., .... liberalism is a mental disorder.

[-] 4 points by MichaelBlack17 (40) 12 years ago

I accepted Christ into my life, a bit over 40 years ago. And, I voted straight Republican (as well as registered as one), for most of that time. But, to see the right degrade into this has been a shocking experience; so, I have taken my continuing faith, continued to care for other people, and started to fight the racism that has overtaken my former stomping grounds.

the right degrade into what exactly? look at the hate on the left anti-semitism, anti-morman, anti christian, the list goes on.

[-] 3 points by XenuLives (1645) from Charlotte, NC 12 years ago

LOL, you have some twisted views of what "liberal" means:

No one is advocating for free college, just affordable college so that everyone has a shot at a good future (caring about other people)

No one wants open borders. I want a fence and a bunch of people hired to protect both of our borders, north and south. I also want people to be able to become citizens and join our country as productive members of society without having to go through a 7+ year process to get a green card. tl;dr keep the drugs and gangs out with better policing (from Canada and Mexico) and help those with real value to offer America to get in legitimately.

No one wants to give free healthcare or welfare to illegal immigrants either. To US citizens, yes, I want the government to use its money on its citizens instead of on more weapons to bomb people on the other side of the world.

Sensitivity training: Only the pro-hate party thinks that its not important to be nice to each other.

Ballots in multiple languages. Google translate and print on demand? Why not have ballots that everyone can understand? Its would be discriminatory to not allow people to cast their votes due to a language issue.

Yes, I want the financial sharks to pay for sharking people into loans that they couldn't pay. Fraud is fraud. They need to be punished.

Unions, yes. Again, helping people live better lives by fighting for higher wages sounds way better than siding with the guy who has 5 Bentleys already.

No, not blaming the US for everything, but taking responsibility for when we ARE to blame. That's what a responsible person does, admits mistakes and takes steps to correct them.

I don't "love" any religion, but I'm not going to start burning Korans and expect to just tell people to "deal with it." If the conservatives had their way we would already be bombing them and shuttling the gays and muslims to special camps...

The conservatives use their fiction book filled with fantasy stories as a vehicle for HATE. They hate gay people. Hate muslims (or anyone that doesn't believe in their fiction.) Hate women (you keep trying to take reproductive rights away from them.) Hate poor people (you keep trying to take away welfare, food stamps.) The only people that you don't HATE are rich, middle-aged Christian white men.

Take your HATE, and shove it where the sun doesn't shine!

[Removed]

you are funny, you basically agree with the list. not free college , but affordable ($$), no open borders but amnesty, thats 12 million new citizens plus all of their family who can come over, plus all of the new illegals who will be encouraged to cross the border ($$), no free healtcare or welfare to illegals,you would give them all citizenship ($$$), sensitivity training, sounds like reeducation camps ($$), multilanguage ballots if you can vote you should be a citizen and understand gd english, it's the law, the government forced the banks to loan to people who couldn't afford it ($$)--the financial industry made it bad, but government started it$$$$, Unions private yes, public Unions no and you know wh

[+] -6 points by amGreed (-8) 12 years ago

This is what is wrong with America, scum like you

[-] 5 points by jph (2652) 12 years ago

How do you know anything about me?

I am glad the world does not have to tolerate another day of that simple-mind buffoon. If you don't make friends in life, death may be difficult to manage.

[Removed]

[-] 4 points by GreedKills (1119) 12 years ago

Wiki: In the hours immediately following Senator Ted Kennedy's death, Breitbart called Kennedy a "villain", a "duplicitous bastard", a "prick" and "a special pile of human excrement."

[+] -7 points by Carlitini99 (-167) 12 years ago

we must give jph some leeway for the tasteless comments, he (or she) is a liberal, and as we know liberalism is a mental disorder.

[Removed]

[-] 1 points by julianzs (147) 12 years ago

The passion for hate rends!

[-] 1 points by freehorseman (267) from Miles City, Mt 12 years ago

A true drug store truck driving man.

[-] 1 points by DanielBarton (1345) 12 years ago

respect other peoples opinions and they should respect yours

[-] 1 points by MattLHolck (16833) from San Diego, CA 12 years ago

Thanks for posting his name

I am Malcolm x

[-] 0 points by Reneye (118) 12 years ago

Was 'in talks with CNN' over new show with Anthony Weiner

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2108973/Andrew-Breitbart-talks-CNN-new-Anthony-Weiner.html#ixzz1nyodfYDJ

Looks like he was about to get quite a few people very angry.

[Removed]

[Removed]

[Removed]

[-] -3 points by Reneye (118) 12 years ago

"Media trailblazer Andrew Breitbart, who single-handedly declared war on the establishment left and won numerous political battles, unexpectedly died this early morning in his Los Angeles home aged 43.

Breitbart’s untimely death has shocked the media world and left some to question whether or not damning footage of Obama in his youth, which Breitbart announced he had obtained only last month, will still be released.

According to some observers, the footage threatened to sink Obama’s 2012 re-election campaign."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-fRQ2lIQ3Lg

Ooooh. More conspiracy. Candy. I need more candy.