Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: If election today: Obama = 281

Posted 11 years ago on Oct. 22, 2012, 6:04 p.m. EST by bensdad (8977)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

RCP averages of the last 4 polls
Ohio (18) 47.6 45.7 Obama +1.9 Toss Up
Florida (29) 46.6 48.7 Romney +2.1 Toss Up
Virginia (13) 48.0 48.0 Tie Toss Up
New Hamp (4) 48.4 47.4 Obama +1.0 Toss Up
Wisconsin (10) 49.8 47.0 Obama +2.8 Toss Up
Michigan (16) 48.6 43.6 Obama +5.0 Toss Up
Penn (20) 50.0 45.2 Obama +4.8 Toss Up
Iowa (6) 48.8 46.8 Obama +2.0 Toss Up
Colorado (9) 47.6 47.8 Romney +0.2 Toss Up
Nevada (6) 49.0 46.0 Obama +3.0 Toss Up

Romney can't win without Ohio & Florida
watch for voting machine fraud

▬►W T F U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDTT1yRNsFE&feature=player_embedded

▬►P = A

A took social security payments
P took social security payments
A thought a woman president was unthinkable
A admired & revered child killer william hickman
P admired A
P explains the morality of capitalism

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fojrlX6rmmM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

▬►Florida insanity
http://occupywallst.org/forum/florida-proposed-constitutional-amendments-this-is/

▬►Proof : republiclan voting machine fraud in OHIO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T32eRtxEiRw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDbnzpXvTkQ

70 Comments

70 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 3 points by VQkag2 (16478) 11 years ago

Pres Obama has a tough election ahead. Greatest risk is still republican vote suppression/fraud & various cheating schemes.

[-] 2 points by WSmith (2698) from Cornelius, OR 11 years ago

I Might Be Disillusioned About Election 2012, But the Stakes for the Country Are Still Huge

Take a look at the two big agendas of the candidates, and it's impossible to ignore that we'd get two very different outcomes.

October 18, 2012 |

As the presidential campaign reaches fever pitch—with Super Pac attacks appearing constantly on TV and both candidates sharpening their debate zingers—I feel guilty about my growing obsession with it all.

I realize the political and economic progress we desperately need won’t come directly from the ballot box. 2008 taught us that. Even with a former community organizer in the White House and a filibuster-proof Democratic majority in the Senate, many urgent reforms were stalled, watered-down or completely MIA. I wish today I could take back at least half of my campaign contributions four years ago, redistributing them to grassroots fighting for the common good.

But I can’t say elections don’t matter. 2010 taught us that. Whatever my disappointments with the Obama on economics and foreign policy, his administration has engineered some significant shifts in commons-related fields like health care, public works, student loans, sustainable transportation and smart growth that affect the lives of millions. Plus, even a sideways glance at Tea Party zealots in Congress makes me terrified about the prospects of Romney taking the Oval Office.

Electing leaders (ideally from both parties) who care about sustaining the commons is clearly part of the strategy for delivering economic opportunity and ecological sanity for the world. But at this point in history, our energy needs to be focused more on igniting citizens outside the usual political circle to demand change in language and accents not usually heard in the corridor of powers—something like Occupy times twenty.

Then why I am so intrigued by the political race? First, there’s the gaudy drama that captures my imagination like a hard-fought pennant race in baseball. And I will confess to some lingering hope that Obama in his second term will be able to slow the widespread looting of America’s public assets—schools, social services, the environment, transit, parks, libraries etc.—and get us started on the long path to fulfilling our national mission statement: liberty and justice for all.

But I’ll also admit a fascination with the Republicans. Can they actually mean what they say? What do they really want? And why are they are so angry even when the libertarian right wing has succeeded beyond its wildest dreams of 30 years ago. They mystify, not to mortify, me. The overarching theme of their campaign this year is challenging the legitimacy of a liberal—even a mild one—to be president. And for many, that’s compounded by incredulity that their fellow Americans elevated a black man to the White House.

No less troubling is the party’s near-unanimous acceptance that government should not do much of anything beyond fielding an army, policing sexual conduct and subsidizing corporations. It’s clear the GOP agenda—which the once moderate Mitt Romney has wholeheartedly endorsed—serves the interests of the very wealthy, who more than ever are influencing this elections with Super Pac contributions.

But cold, calculating self-interest is not the whole story. That doesn’t explain the fury we hear from Fox News, talk radio and Republicans on the stump. The right wing, after all, draws votes from beyond the one-percent, or even the ten-percent that their economic policies conspicuously favor.

A more sweeping reason for Republican rage became more clear when I recently stumbled across an essay noting of Mitt Romney’s book No Apologies in an old copy of the New Yorker. Writer Louis Menand pinpointed anxiety about America’s decline as the centerpiece of the candidate’s campaign. The no-end-in-sight economic downturn and no-victory wars in the Middle East has set off a panic about American powerlessness. (Never mind that Obama’s predecessor in the White House shoulders much of the blame on both fronts.) Among some of the Republican base, fear that blacks, immigrants, gays and women are taking away the America they once knew intensifies this panic.

The widespread consensus on the right is that Obama and his backers believe this decline is inevitable, and are too gutless to do what’s necessary to keep America #1. Romney’s remedy for getting America back on top is a large, expensive buildup of our military might coupled with lavish tax cuts for the rich. This spells disaster for the commons across the board as everything from the National Park Service to unemployment benefits to early childhood education is slashed.

Jay Walljasper is a writer and speaker who explores how new ideas in urban planning, tourism, community development, sustainability, politics and culture can improve our lives as well as the world.

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/i-might-be-disillusioned-about-election-2012-stakes-country-are-still-huge?paging=off

[-] 2 points by ericweiss (575) 11 years ago

My guess is that the last debate will add 3-4 points to Obama in most swing states and 2-3 points in Democratic senate races
May show up in 2-3 days
Has anyone else noticed how disgusting john sununu has been?
sadly, alan west & michelle bachmann are ahead
SUPPORT TAMMY DUCKWORTH - get rid of joe "you lie" walsh

[-] 1 points by TrevorMnemonic (5827) 11 years ago

How funny would it be if Mitt Romney won the popular vote and Barack Obama won the electoral college vote?

I would laugh for days

[-] 1 points by bensdad (8977) 11 years ago

I'm very much in favor of getting rid of the EC
but it REQUIRES an amandmant and the small states would oppose it
In the EC, Delaware has on vote per 300,000 & California has one vote per 700,000

FYI- thru a complex series of events, if there is an EC tie,
we could have president willard and vice president Obama

[-] 1 points by SparkyJP (1646) from Westminster, MD 11 years ago

Polls are BS. Do you really think that people are changing their mind from week to week on who to vote for; and that data can be accurately tracked? Polls are there for your entertainment to form opinion rather than track it.

[-] 2 points by bensdad (8977) 11 years ago

Is that why Obama's poor performance in the first debate dropped his poll numbers?
get real - some polls are tilted PPP to D, Rassmussen & Gallup to R
but, from RCP , that AVERAGES the polls, they DO reflect the truth
Intrade reflects this too

If you dare- check the RCP polls in Nov 2008 & compare to the results BOTH ARE - 53%-46%
conspiracy? magic? science?

and just to add a capitalistic perspective - if polling companies were not giving accurate numbers to candidates - so they could spend their money wisely, why would they be paying the polling companies ?
And PLEASE don't tell me the poling data the candidate gets is different!

[-] 1 points by SparkyJP (1646) from Westminster, MD 11 years ago

I have never believed in polls other than entertainment. Too many variables, too small of a sample, taken too often. Then there is the trust component. Campaigns paying pollsters can be compared to lobbyists paying congressmen. It's just another way to peddle influence.

We don't have to agree ........... but that's my opinion.

Cheers :)

[-] 1 points by ericweiss (575) 11 years ago

vote for romney or stein or rocky - all the same
do what david & charlie want

the Ohio voting machine vids show exactly what they are capable of

[-] 1 points by hchc (3297) from Tampa, FL 11 years ago

Amazing on an Occupy site that people would come on here attempt to destroy viable alternatives.

Just because you refuse to help Jill or Rocky doesnt mean you should hate on the people who are busting their ass to get those names out into the public with the tv commercials that the two corporate candidates get for accepting massive bribes.

[-] -1 points by stevebol (1269) from Milwaukee, WI 11 years ago

Back in the 80's I used to go to this punk rock club regularly. There was a band that played there a lot and they did a song called, "I'm in Love With the System What a Gerk". Won't it be nice when this election is over and these people get out of here?

[-] 1 points by hchc (3297) from Tampa, FL 11 years ago

Ya, and every year that goes by, more and more wake up and give up on the system. Another couple years it may be at critical mass finally.

The ones that give up and drop out are useless. The ones that give up and work on new options are the key.

[-] 0 points by VQkag2 (16478) 11 years ago

Voter turnout has been going up since 1996.

Why would you say more people are giving up?

I agree we need more to "give up", but that doesn't seem to be happening.

What are you lookin at?

[-] 0 points by hchc (3297) from Tampa, FL 11 years ago

^loves war

The middle east and north africa wish you would show some self decency and not follow the herd blindly.

[Removed]

[-] 0 points by zewa55 (-6) 11 years ago

Uninstalling Obama......... ███████████████▒ 95% complete !!!

[Removed]

[-] -1 points by 1sealyon (434) 11 years ago

The most interesting story of this election, that will be told some months after Nov 6, will be the story of the greatest fear, no terror, in the hearts of many white Americans: the fear of being accused of racism.

So great is this fear that when polled, even by an unseen voice on the other end of the phone, many white people will declare an Obama vote, but given the present economic havoc, will actually vote for anybody but the current president.

On the other hand there are very few Romney supporters that will not enthusiastically pronounce their voting plans to pollsters and then divert from that plan once inside the booth.

Given the post-debate polling this one factor could make the 2010 landslide look like a close call.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/157817/election-2012-likely-voters-trial-heat-obama-romney.aspx

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/oct/23/debates-deliver-favorability-edge-romney/

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

[-] -1 points by ericweiss (575) 11 years ago

PPP poll O:53% R: 42%
CNN poll O:48% R: 40%
CBS:poll: O: 53% R 23%

finally! honesty catches up!
liar loses - big time

[-] -1 points by Mooks (1985) 11 years ago

Thank God. Now people can safely vote for 3rd party candidates and not worry about costing Obama the election.

[-] -3 points by Grimreaper2 (-318) 11 years ago

Guess its over. Might as well cancel the election. Save some money.

[-] -3 points by BetsyRoss (-744) 11 years ago

Polls are polls. Polls don't win elections. Votes do.

You cannot even begin to grasp the idea that it is entirely possible for the majority of voters in this country to PICK someone other than Obama can you? How sad.

[-] -3 points by Grimreaper2 (-318) 11 years ago

VERY well said!

[-] 6 points by Builder (4202) 11 years ago

It's total crapola.

We all know that diebold machines stole the 2004 election.

[-] 1 points by BetsyRoss (-744) 11 years ago

But then they worked fine in 2008??? nice logic

[-] 0 points by Builder (4202) 11 years ago

That admin was under a cloud of suspicion, Betsy.

It was indeed time for change. Are you discounting the fact that both D & R factions are the two faces of the same coin?

[+] -12 points by Grimreaper2 (-318) 11 years ago

You are a foreigner. The citizens of this nation know nothing of the sort. You have no proof. You Marxist assholes can't comprehend that the majority of the people in THIS country don't agree with your filth. Go away outside asshole.

[-] 8 points by Builder (4202) 11 years ago

You're a traitor to the United States of America if you don't stand up and demand true democracy.

Every action of US foreign "diplomacy" directly affects the nation I live in. I am actively involved in this forum because what happens in the US of A directly impacts on my country.

In short, go phukk yourself. Thanks for reading. ;-)

http://blog.videosift.com/video/Hack-a-US-Election-in-3-E-Z-steps-with-your-friend-Diebold?loadcomm=1

[-] 8 points by shadz66 (19985) 11 years ago

Re. "I am actively involved in this forum because what happens in the US of A directly impacts on my country." - Emphatic Ditto !!! Very good link btw, 'B' !! Thanx !

minima maxima sunt ...

[-] 2 points by frovikleka (2563) from Island Heights, NJ 11 years ago

Without wanting to sound nationalistic or overly dramatic, what happens here in this country will determine the way of the world for generations to come. This is why we have to persevere.

~Odin~

[-] 2 points by shadz66 (19985) 11 years ago

I fear that there is much in what you say. "Shining city on a hill" hubris aside, The USA is too powerful and too important to discount now and far into the future. If asked in private, my guess would be that many perhaps tending to 'most' people in the world, have an element of fear for the present USA but alas, this was not always the case. Also please consider :

"Fear makes people stupid and cowardly … and willing to follow the authoritarian leader into the depths of hell. On the other hand, real courage and strength comes from love for life and passion. Insanity may be contagious. But courage is contagious as well. And as scared as we may be of the powers-that-be, they’re even more terrified of us. Love & courage are the antidotes: they are what make us fully human".

pax, amor et lux ...

[-] 3 points by frovikleka (2563) from Island Heights, NJ 11 years ago

Our leaders see this as a last gasp effort to hold onto Empire. They have an inability to see a world that is relatively free of conflict, or that Another World Is Possible. Once we are able to dehumanize another person, we are freed of our morality, and we are then capable of causing untold human misery to others.

I love the last passages you quoted. Let me add to that: "We need to reconnect with the beauty of life....and the fact that deep down inside (despite clothes, languages, and customs) everyones's blood is red, and everyone wants the same basic things: a little food, a little comfort, a little love, and a little inspiration." Or as I would put it, 'a chance for a better life for themselves, and their loved ones.'

It is no coincidence that for the most part, and especially the people that I am closest to in Occupy Town Square, that the feelings that are in these quotes is how I see this revolution being run. Truly, despite years of having worked in NYC, I have never been associated with such a beautiful, courageous, very determined group of people. While being a recipient of much of their kindness and caring in the past, ie. A typical text from a young lady in OTS after taking part in a protest, "Are you home yet?", Me, "Yes, I'm home mommy." lol However tomorrow when I go up for a meeting, that will be reversed to a small degree (only 8 oz. lol) when i give them each a little jug of VT...all natural..maple syrup.

In any event, how we get there is almost as important as getting there.

~Odin~

[-] 3 points by shadz66 (19985) 11 years ago

Consider : Peace is Utterly Antithetical to The WAR Machine !!!

Your 'heart centred' comment was a joy to read !! Thanx 'O' ! Also :

pax, amor et lux ...

Thanks shadz, I have already done my absentee ballot. I was not feeling Bue or Red, but rather 'Green' that day.

During the winter months, many of these affinity groups in OWS will be, looking at what they may be doing wrong, and of course right, as they are constantly searching for ways to build the movement. Up until now, i have been mostly concerned with making OTS events 'shine' using some of my nautical skills to rig things up, and just doing anything that needed to be done. But due to my advanced age lol :-), and hence what I have learned from life and what I have learned from the many great contributors here, especially you, i feel more and more that I have a unique perspective that i can share with them. I will never be a match for them though in the speed that they can bandy ideas around, WOW!

On a side note: They loved that 'liquid gold' I gave them last night. Now, off to AK on Saturday for me, to take care of my little hafita (and freeze my ass off), and where i suspect bright green, and orange hybrid OWS flyers will start showing up around town, most likely even in Wasilla,, Sarah's hometown! Hmmm? ;-)

~Odin~

[-] 0 points by MikeMcKeel (-109) 11 years ago

Once we are able to dehumanize another person, we are freed of our morality, and we are then capable of causing untold human misery to others.

This brings to mind an aspect which I never liked about Occupy. This idea of the 1% being evil, essentially dehumanizing rich people and blaming them for all our problems. This is what opened the door to conspiracy theorists who believe in the Illuminati and the New World Order. We now talk of the Global Elite as if they were monsters only interested in our demise. It's absolutely dangerous and fictitious. We can not solve problems in this way, we must look at reality and deal with real solutions for real problems.

Making money is not evil, and many rich people do it in moral ways. Not too long ago, the idea of capitalism over communism was glorified and encouraged.

The problem is the system, not rich people. If we keep dehumanizing rich humans in this way, I'm afraid of what violence might be done against them. Already, people on this site like Renneye has asked that we name these people, the 1%, so that we can target them directly. This is not unlike marking the skin of Jews in 1933 Germany.

You are right that dehumanization eliminates morality. Some neuroscientists call this otherization. To consider the "enemy" as being less than us and blaming them for all our problems. This is what the Nazi's did to the Jews.

We cannot and should not attack those part of the 1%. What we must do is attack those that do illegal activities like bribes, corruption, etc... And work on attacking the system itself which permits all this to take place.

[-] 2 points by Renneye (3874) 11 years ago

You lie trashy. You are putting words in my mouth

Though they are sneaky subtle lies...they go far beyond semantics. This does much damage...and you know it.

I have not said that we need to name the 'elite', 'global elite' or the 1%. The terms that I have used are the 'Ruling Elite', 'Oligarchs', 'Globalist Elite' and .01%. Your terms are blanket statements, and mine are definitive. Even you should be able to see the difference. On the slight chance that I used one of your terms, it would have been an unintentional slip.

I have no quabbles at all with regular wealthy folk (the 1%). I know a few wealthy people that have done wonderful things for society...and I know many poor people who don't have a fighting chance to survive in the unfair system we have today. This is why I see 'healthy' socialism...but one 'controlled' by the people, as a far kinder system...and I prefer the current Swedish archetype best, which leaves room for those creative people who wish to have their own business. Though this is my ideal scenario for a 'people's society', I am not as loathe to capitalism as some on this forum. My only wish is that it had been 'healthy and highly regulated capitalism'.

My family, both when in Sweden, and since we came to Canada, have enjoyed working in a family tradition of entrepreneurial spirit. Over 40 years we had many small businesses that provided lots of people with good jobs. We were never wealthy in the traditional sense. We may have wanted for things, but never needed for anything. Quite happy making a decent living. So you see...I do not want to 'attack' the 1%. You said that..not me.

I absolutely stand by naming the Oligarchs. They will never leave us alone until they are exposed. Only when the masses fully understand who really runs the show, will the .01% never manipulate our lives this way again.

I have several direct family members who's lives were tragically destroyed by Hitler's regime, so your suggestion that I am using Nazi tactics, is obscene.

I'll only go so far with you trashy. I have no interest in pointing out the dizzying amount of things you are wrong about on this thread.

If you have noticed, I only speak with you when you make your way over to one of my threads, or periodically when you slander me in a post such as the one above. I never initiate a transaction with you.

Aside from the very obvious 'clangorous' diversions meant only to fill up these pages with distractions for genuine people here...your intention, very clearly, is partially to tarnish my presence here. I do not have the time to read all of your posts. Of the few that I have read, my name shows up more often than it should. You really need to stop this slanderous litany of lies. Members here are grown people with their own minds. They can, and do decide for themselves whether they are interested in what I have to say. Stop this now.

Here is a great link from a seasoned and respected expert that should show you, to some degree, that there is conspiracy working under the radar, and it is correct and healthy for the general public to question their government and the 'ruling elite' when things don't add up. Its a great conversation with Michel Chossudovsky that someone was kind enough to forward to me, and I hope you get something from it. Don't worry...it doesn't have a live traffic feed on it this time. Promise.

"Chossudovsky : US Will Start WW3 by Attacking Iran" :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4p1kD8CZX8 (on RT from Feb.'10!)

I do not believe that all of the people in the 1% are inherently evil. One of the early lessons in life that I learned from my dad was that people who have done well in life usually worked hard for it. However what we have now is a corrupt system which is rigged for the benefit of the super-rich at the expense of the 99%. Laws are passed at the behest of lobbyists who work for them, and they are not for the benefit of most of us, but instead these laws enable them to benefit greatly at the expense of the rest of us. Then when these elite break laws that have caused untold human misery to millions of people world-wide, they are not held to account in the way that we would be if we stuck up the local convenience store for $50. Instead we are expected to pay for their recklessness, and malfeasance.

If you were to look at this in a historical context, this all started the day after the New Deal was placed into law. The 1% were determined to get back what they had, and how they did it was of minor importance. First is was the Commies, then the Socialists, and finally the Liberals who caught their wrath. Creating these bogeymen, and taking control of the independent media was essential for them to institute Neoliberal policies that were propagandized as 'a beautiful thing', but in reality they have been to the severe detriment of most of us.

I realize the problem is the system, but people are in the system, and those people who helped set this system up, and who obscenely benefited from it do deserve every bit of our scorn, and more. Certainly you cannot look at people like Jamie Dimon, and Lloyd Blankfein, and say that they are just regular guys who made a mistake. They are criminals, and should have been in jail a long time ago.

I admire people like Raoul Wallenburg (whom i share a Swedish ancestry with), and Oscar Schindler who stood up for what was 'right and just' in a time when it was not popular to do so. I have also given much thought to whether i would have been courageous enough to do the same thing if I were in Germany in that terrible time of their history. Of course, it is question that I will never know the answer to.

Not long ago, I heard a great line which I totally agree with, it is: "Capitalism is not what made this country great, but rather it was the democratic struggle against it." unknown ie. the 8 hour work day...child labor laws....overtime pay.......work-place safety...the right to form a union, etc. All of the gains from the day the New Deal was passed have been under attack, and in many cases reversed.

The ability for people to keep a roof over their head..... have a comfortable retirement.... send their children to university are becoming more and more difficult. All THIS while CEO pay has increased to 300-350 x the average worker, and Wall Street has turned into a casino where they strip financially unsophisticated people of their money even with investments that have AAA ratings. The 1% now hold almost 2 1/2 times the wealth that they had in the early '80s. THIS while government regulators stand by and watch, and do nothing. Kids are graduating from university with huge loans, and with little prospect of finding a good job. As you probably know, these loans have now over-taken credit card debt as the number 1 debt in the country. That is a HUGE problem. In the next ten years, it is projected that only 1 in 20 jobs will require a college education. THIS, while we continue to out-source good jobs overseas. And all THIS thanks to Neoliberal policies set up by crony Capitalists who are in a never-ending search for the lowest production costs.

Then there are the wars, and the MID. In our political class these are a GIVEN, something that we need to quash the bogeyman whether real or not. Not surprisingly, banking and corporate interests profit handsomely from these continuous conflicts, and weapons manufacturing. And all THIS goes on at the expense of social programs like Social Security. Medicare, education, etc. being cut.

Then we have our civil liberties under attack with laws like the Patriot Act, the NDAA, and the secretive TPP. Need I go on?

Being a part of the Occupy movement is not what I had planned to do in my retirement. However, I am here so that my granddaughter won't have to be, and so that she has the chance to grow up in a better, more just world. Certainly you can understand that.

~Odin~

[-] -1 points by MikeMcKeel (-109) 11 years ago

My point is that Occupy's rhetoric of the 99% vs the 1% is used to dehumanize rich people. Occupy created an artificial separation of good (99%) and evil (1%) entirely based on income levels, and not on illegal actions. This is not healthy as it does not focus on the real problem, but, instead, opens the door to conspiracy theory type logic where we have one group deemed evil the Global Elite, and another group, the 99%, deemed good. This is not the reality. The reality is the system is broke, and there are people from the poor to the rich who use loopholes in the system to commit fraud and other illegal activities in order to become rich on the back of others.

It would be nice if Occupy made real research to see if there is more illegal activity per capita in the 1% than in the 99%. I'm not so sure there is.

Instead of targeting tangible problems in our society and trying to find real solutions, we simply targeted the top 1% of society so we would have someone to blame.

[-] 3 points by DKAtoday (33802) from Coon Rapids, MN 11 years ago

What? R U now a defender of the Banksters that crashed the economy? R U a defender of fossil fuel which is destroying the environment and poisoning people around the world? R U insane?

[-] 0 points by MikeMcKeel (-4) 18 minutes ago

My point is that Occupy's rhetoric of the 99% vs the 1% is used to dehumanize rich people. Occupy created an artificial separation of good (99%) and evil (1%) entirely based on income levels, and not on illegal actions. This is not healthy as it does not focus on the real problem, but, instead, opens the door to conspiracy theory type logic where we have one group deemed evil the Global Elite, and another group, the 99%, deemed good. This is not the reality. The reality is the system is broke, and there are people from the poor to the rich who use loopholes in the system to commit fraud and other illegal activities in order to become rich on the back of others.

It would be nice if Occupy made real research to see if there is more illegal activity per capita in the 1% than in the 99%. I'm not so sure there is.

Instead of targeting tangible problems in our society and trying to find real solutions, we simply targeted the top 1% of society so we would have someone to blame. ↥twinkle ↧stinkle reply permalink

[-] -2 points by MikeMcKeel (-109) 11 years ago

What? R U now a defender of the Banksters that crashed the economy? R U a defender of fossil fuel which is destroying the environment and poisoning people around the world? R U insane?

Where did I state this? Learn to read. Of course I don't condone those evil things. There's a huge difference between saying "We are against bankers doing corruption and fraud, big corporations pushing fossil fuels for big money without a care for the planet, etc..." Than saying "We are against the 1%."

Try to read my above posting once more. Get help from a friend if you have difficulty understanding.

[-] 1 points by DKAtoday (33802) from Coon Rapids, MN 11 years ago

U R an idiot : It would be nice if Occupy made real research to see if there is more illegal activity per capita in the 1% than in the 99%. I'm not so sure there is.

Pull together the total cost of fraud - that caused the economic meltdown. Now how much of that cost is due to premeditated crime from individuals of the middle to poor class Americans? Um also how many trillions of tax payer/public money has gone into restoring the damage caused by the individual middle class - to poor class crime and how many went to the 1% ( wealthy criminals ) to not fix the damage from their crimes - but just at this point in time merely try to hold it off from completing it's collapse.

[-] 1 points by frovikleka (2563) from Island Heights, NJ 11 years ago

You obviously did not take much time to read, and think about my thoughtful response. The Global Elite who set up these neoliberal policies, which have us mired in near constant war, and have us groveling for the crumbs are EVIL.

I clearly delineated the difference between people who worked hard for what they got, and those who benefited unjustly, or who were just out and out criminals in my comment. We the 99% per cent seem to bare the accountability for our actions a whole bunch more than the 1% do, as witnessed by our ever-expanding gulag system, which BTW the 1% also obscenely benefits from.

As far as being "healthy". No it has not been healthy for the majority of people in this country.

This may be the world that you want your grandchild to grow up in, but it is not the world that I want mine to grow up in!!

~Odin~

OK, even though i believe it is a nuance, for you i will refer to them as the .01%. However, if you are trying to spread the blame around, for the 2008 meltdown onto poor people with me...save your breath.

You still miss my point Odin. We should not attack people based on their earnings, we should attack those who did us wrong. Not all rich people are evil-doers. Some got their money through inheritance, others worked hard and perhaps got lucky inventing something that sold well.

Whether it's 1%, 0.1%, or 0.01%, whatever... it's wrong because it doesn't target the real problem. We live in a capitalist society which permits some people to get rich in an honest manner. Those people are not to blame for anything. Those who get rich with fraud are, and the capitalist system is for creating inequality in wealth.

Where did I try to put the blame on poor people? I never did. I think the blame should be put on the exact people who caused the meltdown, not people merely because they are rich.

Yes, i have explained by lack of jealousy for people who have done well in life, and at the same time have also done the 'right thing.' However when you get into slogans....99%....1%, they do not capture the real intent because they are just that, slogans. They are designed for better or worse to attract people's attention. When people start to learn what this is about, they too will delineate the differences.

When you put out a call and say: "It would be nice if occupy made real research to see if there is more illegal activity per capita in the 1% than in the 99%," well i kind of get the impression that you want us to dilute ourselves into seeing if waitresses are claiming all their tips on their taxes." Are these servers, and others like them to blame for the 2008 debacle? Really! We all know the human condition is flawed. That's why we have laws. When those laws are unevenly applied, and in this case which the elite have carte blanche to run roughshod over our lives, and thereby causing an epic meltdown in our economy...well I believe this call of yours is kind of 'crazy', for lack of a better term.

[-] -3 points by MikeMcKeel (-109) 11 years ago

You miss my point. We should refer to people ruining things clearly instead of calling them the 1% which is just isolating the 1% of the richest people. Not only do I not want my kids to grow up in US, I hate having to go inside that country myself. US is just so messed up when you haven't grown there. Every time I go I shrug my shoulders and wonder why? Really, why?

OK, even though i believe it is a nuance, for you i will refer to them as the .01%. However, if you are trying to spread the blame around, for the 2008 meltdown onto poor people with me...save your breath.

[-] 2 points by ericweiss (575) 11 years ago

Proof : republiclan voting machine fraud in OHIO http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T32eRtxEiRw http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDbnzpXvTkQ

Investor in Ohio voting machines: Tag Romney ?!?!?!?!?!?

Where are you from?

Oh cool

[+] -5 points by Grimreaper2 (-318) 11 years ago

So now a filthy foreigner is going to determine what is loyalty and what isn't in my nation. Mind your own fucking business filth.

[-] 3 points by hchc (3297) from Tampa, FL 11 years ago

Get out of our country you little freak. And try not to breed on your way out.

"You are a foreigner." Let me guess, you are not well educated either formally or otherwise.....you have not traveled much...., hence you are unable to process anything more than sound bytes in your little mind. Am i right?

BTW, could you have spelled xenophobic?? lol

[-] 2 points by DKAtoday (33802) from Coon Rapids, MN 11 years ago

Odin? R U picking-on ( trying to ) contributors from outside of the USA? My my my - how exclusionary of you.

Read it again, I am supporting our Australian friend, and denouncing the Grimreaper2 for his xenophobic ugliness. Odin??

Sorry Odin - it looked like you were responding to Builder. Go ahead and slap vvv or trashy ( Gr2 ) - whichever one it is.

For all of Odin's faults, i never knew him to be a racist, or xenophobic. Did you?

AHhhh - trashy? our Canadian(?) troll pest? Are U taking up the Norse in your trolling these days?

Canadian...trashy...Norse trolling? Are you talking about me, or the Grimreaper2? The only trolling that the Norsemen do is from fishing boats. Everything else about those rugged people is straight forward, and honest.

LOL - except when you are denying past user names?

I haven't denied anything...just being vague, and playful. BTW before our last PM about our different health issues was so rudely interrupted by my IP ban, my last point i wanted to make to you was, 'never give up!'

OK, you can ban me again, as it is not nearly as a traumatic experience as it used to be. lol

~Odin~

Instead of making ridiculous assumptions as to what certain users believe, why don't you read what they write. Odin is supporting our friend Builder, not attacking him. If you knew how to read, and if you knew Odin you would understand this. It's pretty clear. English comprehension classes would be a benefit in your case.

[-] 1 points by ericweiss (575) 11 years ago

IF you are an American - you are not

[-] 0 points by Neuwurldodr (744) 11 years ago

I sure as hell hope you aren't trying to speak for me, my people, or my ancestors......you still have a long way to go in regards to his-story and the truth about the people you are so quick to identify with. You don't have the ability or the right to speak for everyone, anyone, in this country! Don't you understand that there is a major agenda in this nation? Here's a hint......it doesn't contain MELANIN... Let's get to the basics of the reality here....or are you afraid to admit it?

[-] 0 points by DKAtoday (33802) from Coon Rapids, MN 11 years ago

Hey! - ain't you from Canada!?!? That is you isn't it trashy?

[-] 1 points by Grimreaper2 (-318) 11 years ago

Nope. Kalifornia.

vvv? sorry my mistake - U 2 R ( U and trashy ) so much alike. Builder has as much right 2 B here as anyone. This world is a very small place. We R all neighbors and affected by each others actions.

[-] 1 points by MikeMcKeel (-109) 11 years ago

You certainly do not understand Thrasymaque. He has never attacked anyone except conspiracy theorists. He has always supported the views of people outside of America. Hell, he agrees with much of what Builder says. He certainly does not agree with republicans. You might want to start taking English comprehension classes. It seems you don't understand what people write.

[-] 0 points by Grimreaper2 (-318) 11 years ago

Bringing back the OWS boogeyman? Sad...

Yes - U R - so sad - U been thinkin about this for 22 hours? Get a life.