Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: I Need A 100 K a year job anyone hiring??

Posted 12 years ago on April 21, 2012, 12:56 a.m. EST by whatthefffff (8)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

my talent lies in writing and talking I'm great and persuasive on a phone but I can't find a good paying job anymore their all minimum wage anyone want to hire me as their Apprentice so I can have a decent lifestyle again???

4 Comments

4 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 2 points by Recycleman (102) 12 years ago

Good luck. 25 years of on the job experience and I've been working temp. If I hear overqualified one more time I might just choke someone. Over 600 application and counting.

[-] 1 points by whatthefffff (8) 12 years ago

Yea wow overqualified is their way of lying to get outta paying you more these jokers are hiring 40 hour work weeks at $200 a week that's not even minimum wage I have 2 jobs and made $400 in 3 weeks It's a crime

[-] 1 points by shoozTroll (17632) 12 years ago

Write something good and try open mike night at the local comedy club.

You'll be on Letterman before you know it..............:)

[Removed]

[-] -1 points by AntiOWSer (18) 12 years ago

If you're truly worth 100K a year, you need to prove it to others, and be willing to do what it takes to prove it (prove that you're willing to go above and beyond other applicants, be willing to relocate if nobody is hiring in your area.

If not, you should take the minimum wage job--even if its outside of your area of expertise. A job is better than no job. If need be, work the minimum wage job, and work your way up, until you can show/convince your employer to pay you what you're worth, or until you find your magical 100K job.

The thing is, you only get paid what you're worth. If you feel you're worth 100K, you must prove it to your employer.