Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: Thousands Turn Out to Protest Bank of America Shareholders' Meeting

Posted 11 years ago on May 9, 2012, 3:20 p.m. EST by XenuLives (1645) from Charlotte, NC
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

I guess even owning part of the company isn't enough to be heard by the 1%.

http://www.thenation.com/blog/167781/thousands-turn-out-protest-bank-america-shareholders-meeting

"I just got a call from the Bank of America's shareholder meeting in Charlotte from Richard Eskow, a writer for the Campaign for America's Future. Richard represents 82,000 shares of investor stock of BoA and yet he was turned away with 40 other shareholders just now and he and the others were asked to leave BoA property. Some shareholders who were turned away were elderly."

11 Comments

11 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 2 points by Nevada1 (5843) 11 years ago

Good Post

[-] 1 points by shadz66 (19985) 11 years ago

Re. 'BoA', I append and highly recommend this excellent and very revealing article :

fiat lux ...

[-] 1 points by MattLHolck (16833) from San Diego, CA 11 years ago

them's old folks might interrupt the plan

[-] 1 points by friendlyopposition (574) 11 years ago

it is my understanding that there was limited space in the auditorium, so not everyone was allowed in. First come first serve on the seats. So people were turned away regardless of their age or how many shares they held.

Also, there weren't "thousands" but "hundreds"

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/05/09/3227345/bofa-shareholders-protesters-to.html

[-] 1 points by GypsyKing (8708) 11 years ago

Now the reality is out there for all to see.

[-] -1 points by verdade (-24) 11 years ago

And no thanks owed to the Demopublicans for that!

Translation: Don't vote.

[-] -1 points by verdade (-24) 11 years ago

Why would any American with shit for brains waste time voting?

Forget the rigged elections. Forget corporate puppet candidates like Obama and Romney. Forget the corporate controlled poltical circus altogether. Focus on Regime Change.

Division troll

[-] -3 points by verdade (-24) 11 years ago

With GypsyKing, "Division" is code for opposing co-optation of OWS by the Dems, and "troll" is code for anyone posting anything he disagrees with.

[-] 1 points by XenuLives (1645) from Charlotte, NC 11 years ago

"Occupy Wall Street veteran Max Berger will appear on CNBC this afternoon regarding today's protest:

maxberger @ maxberger : I'm going to be on The Closing Bell on CNBC at 3:45 to talk about #bankvsamerica and the need to #BreakUpBofA. Wish me luck! #fb "

[Removed]