Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: HR 347. How do I Iknow where to protest?

Posted 12 years ago on March 12, 2012, 10:46 p.m. EST by alterorabolish1 (569)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

Many "National Events" are planned in advance. Is there a list of which events and where, I can be assured that I can make plans to attend a legal protest?

8 Comments

8 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 2 points by MattLHolck (16833) from San Diego, CA 12 years ago

I think as long as one does not disrupt government function, one should be safe

[-] 2 points by alterorabolish1 (569) 12 years ago

Yeah, but I want to actually disrupt some of the actions currently taking place. Which ones are legal?

[-] 1 points by geo (2638) from Concord, NC 12 years ago

The line is where the Secret Service end their protection. Like here in Charlotte, when the DNC comes to town and the Pres and VP give their speeches, its the line where the SS cordon off.

Accepting that the President and VP and obvious other VIP's are protected, does the SS have a "National Event" list or are they allowed to decide at the last minute which events are illegal?

Protesting at ANY event inside the SS designated perimeter is illegal. Homeland Security has a very similar set of rules that were in effect before this bill.

G8, G20, WTO, UN, Campaign stops/speeches, DNC, GOPNC, etc., basically events that you would really like to protest. Where ever the SS is.

[-] 1 points by GirlFriday (17435) 12 years ago

Aren't they usually marked off? That would remain the same.

I will be lucky to attend even one event this year and i want it to be powerful, and legal of course. What are my choices?

Democratic National Convention in Charlotte this year, GOP National Convention in Tampa, Florida are my choices this year.