Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: THE AMERICAN SPRING HAS ARRIVED. Are you ready for large actions on FEB 29th, MARCH 30th, MAY 1 & AUG 4th? This spring, OCCUPY WILL GROW TO 100 TIMES current size and get the $ out of politics. MIDDLE AMERICA supports our mission & we can bring them in.

Posted 12 years ago on Feb. 8, 2012, 4:28 a.m. EST by therising (6643)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

The American Spring has arrived.

PLEASE SEE BELOW FOR FOUR DATES FOR 4 LARGE NON-VIOLENT ACTIONS THAT WILL HELP US RESTORE OUR REPUBLIC.

Marches, sit ins, nonviolent direct action, boycotts and countless other nonviolent methods can be put to use to restore our republic.

As Forjustice said in another thread, "We can cause change. We just need to pick targets."

Each action needs to, at the moment of commencement, be the tip of the spear for the entire movement. Laser focus. Great planning. Firm commitment to nonviolent direct action. Calm steady execution. Repeat process with each targeted action.

Middle America supports our mission so why not set up obvious mechanisms to bring them in?

* FEBRUARY 29th - SHUT DOWN THE CORPORATIONS

Please see link to national call for action: http://occupywallst.org/forum/do-you-want-to-curb-corporate-influence-heres-your/

* MARCH 30th - STOP THE MACHINE. BUILD A BETTER WORLD.

EVENT INFO

OCCUPY DC

from Friday, March 30, 2012 (All day) to

Sunday, April 29, 2012 (All day)

Where:  National Mall, 15th St and Constitution Ave., NW

EVENT WEBSITES

http://occupybmore.org/event/national-occupation-washington-dc-nowdc

https://www.facebook.com/events/119446728166304/

* MAY 1 - WORLDWIDE STRIKE

Please see this link for more info: http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/01/29/1059689/-This-Week-In-Occupy-May-Day

Certainly room for many smaller actions in between but we should put serious time and energy into spreading the word and planning the big ones first. This movement can grow 100 times over if we take some key steps at this critical juncture.

Great discussion of plan of action at this post: http://occupywallst.org/forum/what-is-our-plan-of-action/

* AUGUST 4th - How about this plan of action for August 4, 2012?

http://occupywallst.org/forum/fresh-thread-forum-post-below-received-over-2000-c/

59 Comments

59 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 5 points by therising (6643) 12 years ago

The people are rising. It's going to be a beautiful spring an summer in the U.S.

[Removed]

[-] 3 points by therising (6643) 12 years ago

We are the 99%. Once we realize that, we will discover that we had the power all along. The 1% has delighted in and encourage us to bicker amongst ourselves over minor differences. If we can begin to pay closer attention to what we have in common rather than the things that divide us, we can begin to make DECISIONS from a position of unified strength rather than DEMANDS from a position of divided weakness.

Let's stop playing into the hands of the 1%. Let's join together to form the 99% that we are and rise!

These actions could help bring many more people into the movement.

[-] 1 points by GypsyKing (8708) 12 years ago

I think next summer the movement will really start to peak.

[-] 1 points by therising (6643) 12 years ago

But this summer is going to be pretty magnificent too...

You're probably right,.

Humanity is rising.... In a big way on 2/29, 5/1 and perhaps 8/4

If we pay attention to what we have in common rather than to the things that divide us, we can make decisions from a position of unified strength rather than demands from a position of divided weakness.

[-] 3 points by XenuLives (1645) from Charlotte, NC 12 years ago

Yes. I think we ALL agree that we want money out of politics. We don't want Citizen's United, and we don't want lobbyists to legislate our lives.

Focus on that and we'll have some common ground to start with.

[-] 2 points by therising (6643) 12 years ago

Yes. I think you're right. Once we do that and have the confidence that comes with getting a win under our belt, we can do many other even bigger things.

I agree wholeheartedly!

[-] 2 points by debndan (1145) 12 years ago

I couldn't agree more

Whether we are liberal or conservative, theist or atheist it's time to exercise Democracy

It's time to uplift the stakeholders and ignore the shareholders

It really is about time.

Yes, it is! At last Americans are rising from their long sleep, and really seeing that their future is on the line with becoming active in shaping the direction of this country, rather than just waiting for someone to lead them! I find that exciting!

Uplift the stakeholders and hold the shareholders accountable. I like that!

The movement seems to be progressing toward improved coordination and unification! I LIKE IT A LOT!

Me too!

[-] 2 points by Progression (143) 12 years ago

FUCK YEAH! That's the OWS spirit I like to see!

It's time to get shit done. It's time to unite ans rise Nonviolently.

Let's roll.

[-] 2 points by arturo (3169) from Shanghai, Shanghai 12 years ago

Its critical to begin including anti-war policies as central to OWS objectives. Now as Iran and Syria become the new targets of war, we enter the very dangerous position of provoking Russia and China into a global nuclear war, as these countries have vowed to protect Iran. American, Russian and Chinese top military officers have all warned against this.

[-] 1 points by engineer4 (331) 12 years ago

Do you actully believe that we are going to start trading nukes in a global war. I think not! Everyone would have too much too lose and would never cross that threshold. Nuclear deterence does actually work. And for those that say "no nukes", that's fine if you can get everyone to actually do it, but until then (unfortunately) we have to have them. Stay focused on money and politics and leave the rest for later. Too many goals by OWS has splintered the entire movement! Once money is removed from influence in politics, then properly elected representatives can work for us to get movement towards other goals, but not until then. All the dancing, drumming and shouting is meaningless.

[-] 1 points by arturo (3169) from Shanghai, Shanghai 12 years ago

I hope you are right. However, the idea is that to the financial oligarchs, the world's situation is becoming unmanageable. As the western financial system collapses, the Asian nations are growing rapidly economically. While in the western countries, protest movements are becoming increasingly active.

So, it is said that what they want to do is trigger a global nuclear war to wipe out 90% of the world's population, so that they can hide in their bunkers and come out to reclaim the world once it is all over. US, Russian and Chinese generals have all been warning against this.

[-] 1 points by engineer4 (331) 12 years ago

If there is global nuclear war, they won't be coming out of those bunkers for a long time and there will be nothing left to re-claim. Sounds a bit like another meaningless conspiracy theory. As for the western collapse, do not be such a doomsdayer, we have had situations a lot worse in the past and we came back. This is just another challenge that needs to be met by the electorate. You can't keep complaining and then re-voting your incumbent back in.

Whether its a conspiracy theory or not, top military officers are taking it seriously, so I don't see why I shouldn't. I do think that we could turn our economy around, and that the first step in doing so would also be an important step towards stopping war, which would be to pass Glass Steagall.

It would get rid of all the fictitious money that global finance uses to start wars, and would provide a foundation for us to begin building a real economy again.

This is a very good point.

I agree

Do you know many people here? Have you tried talking to them about this?

I haven't come at it from that angle but I think you should. I gave suggested Why We Fight documentary countless times on this site to wake people up to the realities that Eisenhower warned us about. What a brave man he was. A stand up guy and a true patriot for saying what he said. Despite his other obvious flaws you have to be in awe of that farewell address of his. If you haven't watched it lately, YouTube it. Incredible.

It's time. The people are rising.

[-] 2 points by XenuLives (1645) from Charlotte, NC 12 years ago

Getting excited about this. This will be a great Spring!

[-] 4 points by therising (6643) 12 years ago

Damn right!

It's going to be a lovely spring :)

These 4 nonviolent direct action events can help non-violently eject the corporate hijackers who have inserted themselves between us and our great nation. It's time to restore our republic and make our founders proud!

We don't need to destroy the system. All we need to do is nonviolently eject the corporate hijackers who've inserted themselves between us and our government.

[-] -1 points by SparkyJP (1646) from Westminster, MD 12 years ago

The corporate hijackers now 'OWN' the present system, congress, the WH, and the courts. To maintain the present system, is to keep the status quo.

“Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result” ~ Albert Einstein ~

Besides, what do you propose to replace it with? Internet voting? Sorry, I think we need representatives. We can't be experts on everything. And besides...who would set the agenda and the slate to vote on. What you'll soon realize is that you'll end up where you started, right back with the elegant system designed by the founding fathers. We just need to protect it rather than trash it. We haven earned the right to trash it.

Wrong. They have hijacked it. But it is a great system. Don't fall prey to the nihilism they have pushed on us with materialism and marketing. That nihilism drives us to value chaos and destruction because the situation seems hopeless through their lens. In fact, it's not hopeless at all. Martin Luther King, Jr. and those supporting the civil rights movement didn't throw out the republic to get civil rights. They loved this republic and worked to restore it, loved their oppressors so much that they worked tirelessly to set them right.

Many have fought and died to protect the system designed by the founders. Now it is our turn to fight for this country in a whole new way. Let's not be silly or nihilistic. There's no reason to throw the baby out with the bath water.

Let's roll

If we can unite and focus on some key actions, we can grow the movement and get the $ out of politics.

Let's focus on 3 major actions over the next 7 months. This would not preclude many smaller actions of course.

If we take this approach, we can grow the support for the Occupy movement exponentially. We need to make it easy to participate and focus on getting the money out of politics.

Please post additional links for above actions if you have any.

Fasten your seatbelts. The American spring is coming.

[-] 1 points by lonespectator (106) 12 years ago

OWH supporters...This is all part ot the future of the Occupy movement. We now shall move closer to the gates of the White House. We are preparing for this move as a write as our lawyers are regaining our property, and freeing the few brothers and sisters that were detained. OWH is now in full swing. We now tell this President and illegal congress that they are only guests in our house and we evict them. This is our message going forward. This is the world and direction of the GA DC...Occupy the White House Now!!!

If you know of additional large action dates, please post them here.

With this progression through the spring an summer, Occupy will gain a momentum not yet seen, thereby attracting huge amount of new support.

One thing I would like to see, and perhaps you could help me here, is recomendations for those in support of the movement who are too geographically isolated to physically participate. Perhaps some form of concurrent and targeted boycott action for example.

America is a vast country, and inevitably there will be many unable to participate who still want their voices to be heard. Just a thought:)

This may be one of the most important parts of the movement. I agreed!

[-] 1 points by bigbangbilly (594) 12 years ago

Please put backup protesters in the crowds. The crowds are good hiding places for protesters.

[-] 1 points by debndan (1145) 12 years ago

Any home gardener knows that now is when you plant the 'seeds'

Then we water it, bring it into the sun

Then this spring when the 'plants' mature we will give them nourishment and soil

This will be a bountiful harvest this fall

Right on :)

[-] 1 points by debndan (1145) 12 years ago

: ) the self planter is coming out in me

Have soil, seeds, kids, in kitchen and getting out plantings ready (along with homemade beer) what could go wrong?

The homemade beer is key ingredient.

[Removed]

[-] 0 points by DKAtoday (33802) from Coon Rapids, MN 12 years ago

OSTA : First we had one, then two sponsors for the "One Subject at a Time Act." NOW WE HAVE SIX!

We've just gained 4 new co-sponsors.

This means that you now have multiple new chances to become more powerful! Here's how to . . .

Do two simple things that will make it more likely that some of these new "One Subject" sponsors will . .

Ask their friends in Congress to become sponsors too.
Also sponsor our "Read the Bills" and "Write the Laws" acts.

STEP ONE: Go to the Facebook pages for each new co-sponsor and thank them for supporting the "One Subject at a Time Act."

Representative Mo Brooks of Alabama: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Congressman-Mo-Brooks/155220881193244?sk=wall Representative Ann Marie Buerkle of New York: http://www.facebook.com/RepBuerkle?sk=wall Representative Robert T. Shilling of Illinois: http://www.facebook.com/congressmanbobbyschilling?sk=wall Representative Allen B. West of Florida: http://www.facebook.com/AllenWestFL?sk=wall

Use your "thank you" to suggest that they send a "Dear colleague" letter to their friends in Congress, asking them to become co-sponsors too.

Also ask them to consider introducing the "Read the Bills Act" and the "Write the Laws Act." Share the links for those bills with them . . .

https://secure.downsizedc.org/etp/rtba/ https://secure.downsizedc.org/etp/write-the-laws/

Many of you have done this already with Reps. Marino and Posey. It's had an effect. In fact, we know it's been a positive motivator for Rep. Marino to seek additional publicity for OSTA and to recruit his colleagues.

STEP TWO: Call and say thank you for sponsoring the "One Subject at a Time Act", and suggest that they send a "Dear Colleague" letter asking other members of Congress to also co-sponsor "One Subject."

Rep. Mo Brooks: Phone: (202) 225-4801 Rep. Ann Marie Buerkle: (202) 225-3701 Rep. Bobby Schilling: (202) 225-5905 Rep. Allen B. West: (202) 225-3026

And finally, if you think we're doing a worthy job, consider making a financial contribution here.

Jim Babka President DownsizeDC.org, Inc.

D o w n s i z e r - D i s p a t c h

Official email newsletter of DownsizeDC.org, Inc. & Downsize DC Foundation.

SUPPORT the "Educate the Powerful System".

Feel Free to Forward or Reprint, as long as attribution and action links are retained/included. But we recommend you delete everything in this footer, i.e., below the words "Downsizer-Dispatch".

Your subscription comes to this email address: dka01@live.com.

If you have difficulties or inquiries, simply hit reply to this message. We're eager to help, including with requests to unsubscribe.

If you do not want to receive any more newsletters (to unsubscribe), click here.

Sponsored by DownsizeDC.org, Inc. – a non-profit educational organization promoting the ideas of individual liberty, personal responsibility, free markets, and small government. Operations office: 1931 15th St. Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44223, 202.521.1200. Normally published 3-6 times per week. The Downsize DC Team would like to thank you for subscribing to the Downsizer-Dispatch, which you did by going to http://www.downsizedc.org/newsletter or by using our "Educate the Powerful System" to send a message.

[-] 0 points by SteveKJR (-497) 12 years ago

I can't because I am preparing to go on vacation.

[-] 0 points by smellyowsloozer (-51) 12 years ago

No we don't asshole. Another epic failure of your violence coming soon

[-] 0 points by lonespectator (106) 12 years ago

OWH supporters...This is all part ot the future of the Occupy movement. We now shall move closer to the gates of the White House. We are preparing for this move as a write as our lawyers are regaining our property, and freeing the few brothers and sisters that were detained. OWH is now in full swing. We now tell this President and illegal congress that they are only guests in our house and we evict them. This is our message going forward. This is the world and direction of the GA DC...Occupy the White House Now!!!

[-] -3 points by NewMonkeyMan (-2) 12 years ago

What a pipe dream, regaining exactly 'whose' property? As therising stated above y'all, you need 3 major actions: Major action 1: Seek employment through contacts and research of job placement resources (web, newspapers, job fairs, etc.) Major action 2: Limit your time online to help defuse the colossal waste of time the last year has been for you Major action 3: Contribute to society and the public by paying taxes and rejoining the ranks of the citizen ...haven't you all spent enough time on this...isn't it time to re-integrate into society?

You're a moron.

[Removed]

[Removed]

[Removed]