Forum Post: FOCUS US Wage Gap, Wage decrease, Insight: Oligopoly Take Over, Solution: Anti Trust Laws
Posted 4 months ago on Dec. 29, 2012, 10:05 a.m. EST by Middleaged
This content is user submitted and not an official statement
Proof of Oligopoly Ascention: The Wage Gap, the reduction of wages for poor & MIddle Class, and outrageous Executive Salaries in Giant Corporations. Realized while watching the Robert Reich Video on our Future or Where US is Headed. He Gives a talk comparing today to what happened in the Depression. He says we have seen this before in our History. We can look back and look at at least 2 Solutions that FDR made. And we can look at see only one Solution that Obama has implemented. Check out the Video.
Tell Everyone We have to Break up Big Corporations, so that they can no longer afford to pay the Big Salaries and Complex Compensation Packages. Sort of like a cap in salary that FDR put together. When executives have to run smaller businesses, they will want a level playing field. So Breaking up Corporations will have many effects.
1) Will cause smaller Businesses to Compete with one another and money will be more diffuse in the system.
2) Will likely lead to Investment from the Remnants of the Larger Corporations as they try to get Competitive Edge over other corporations and businesses.
3) Will cause more executives to get to know their workforce and work more closely with employees in discussing wages & compensation.
4) Will help smaller businesses compete.
5) Will proably lead to increased avaibility of Loans to small businesses.
6) Will bring down Executive compensation. Smaller Revenue and Profit does that. Smaller Scheme in other words.
There are some cautions. The new law would have to place caps on different parameters like Total Capitalization, Total Market Share, Total Global Market share, and in the case of banks look at Investment bank market share,... and should consider breaking apart Investment banks from Savings and Loans and other kinds of Banks. Proably have to look at Private banks which are unrelgualted currently and unregulated financial Instruments... those represent Market Share too.
Also this is just old ideas like old law we already used in the USA. Anti-Trust Law. Sort of sounds like Bank Trust of the 1910 era. We broke up Ma Bell, and Standard oil, but beyond that ... the Lobby Must have taken over Washington DC.
The Next Economy and America's Future - Reich https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-4lirM0czg
Robert Reich: Where is America Going? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzxDPQ3pZpg