Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: Fareed Zakaria: "It's clear we overreacted to 9/11"

Posted 11 years ago on May 21, 2012, 12:21 a.m. EST by francismjenkins (3713)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

23 Comments

23 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 2 points by francismjenkins (3713) 11 years ago

Wow, did they start providing internet access in the insane asylum :)

Why is that conservotards always talk like the people who took the "special bus" to school.

[-] 2 points by ShubeLMorgan2 (1088) from New York, NY 11 years ago

I think we've under-reacted. We've yet to question Bush and cheyney under oath. We've yet to find out why the wreckage of the Twin Towers had to be hauled away and smelted down in India and China before any forensic examination could take place. No one has yet asked Giuliani why he forbade cameras from the area, since "preservation of a crime scene" his excuse clearly was a lie. We haven't demanded the evidence against bin Laden, though the FBI says there is none.

http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Sept_11_2001/New_Pearl_Harbor.html

No, we, the people (or are we really sheeple?) have yet to react as we should.

[-] 2 points by Nevada1 (5843) 11 years ago

Hi Shube, Good Post. Biggest False-Flag act of treason ever. This subject brings out the most hysterical trolls. Everyone should see '9/11 Explosive Evidence'. Best Regards

[-] 1 points by Renneye (3874) 11 years ago

Thank you!

[-] 1 points by bestevidence (170) 11 years ago

This post is now shadow banned anyhow. I am no longer ShubeLMorgan2.

[-] 1 points by dan1984 (108) from Cumberland, MD 11 years ago

I think this was a good article also. One could argue that Al Qaeda's ineffectiveness is a result of all the measures by the government to prevent them from attacking the U.S., but the amount of money spent on ten years of war is part of the reason the U.S. economy is in the crapper.

[-] 1 points by toukarin (488) 11 years ago

What the US did was not overreaction. Its just that they didn't know and probably will never know when to stop.

How do you define victory over an enemy with no country and no scruples?

How many more liberties and innocent people of countries where these basterds have taken refuge will need to be sacrificed before we can be certain that we have won?

What we did was not an overreaction. But it is time to stop. It is time to restore civil liberties. It is time to bring our young men and women back home to their families. It is time to send the world the message that we still believe in peace.

[-] 1 points by francismjenkins (3713) 11 years ago

That would certainly be good enough for me!

[Removed]

[Removed]

[-] -1 points by Clancy (42) 11 years ago

Fuck this guy and fuck you if you agree with him. We did not overreact to the attacks we opened our eyes to terror. The terrors matrix had been around for years but on 9/11 was the first attack on such a large scale. Terrorism is a very serious threat to every non Muslim country around the world. I'm not saying that all Muclims are terrorists but Radical extremists are. We didn't fucking overreact so fuck you Zakaria.

[-] 1 points by jrhirsch (4714) from Sun City, CA 11 years ago

Invading and occupying an entire country of 30 million people for over 10 years because of the actions of a few hundred Al Qaeda members isn't overreacting?

You might want to check out other reasons we might be there. Protecting the worlds opium supply from the Taliban who cut Afghan opium production by 90%. We invaded 6 months later.

http://abstract.posterous.com/opium-production-is-made-possible-by-us-invad

Also the TAPI gas pipeline due in 2016 that will compete with the IPI Iranian gas pipeline.

[-] 1 points by MattLHolck (16833) from San Diego, CA 11 years ago

Helen Tasker: Have you ever killed anyone?

Harry: Yeah, but they were all bad.

True Lies

[+] -4 points by Clancy (42) 11 years ago

Movie, but a if the CIA kills terrorists who cares. I don't like people dieing but people conspiring to kill and maim other people then they deserve a drone strike.

[-] 4 points by MattLHolck (16833) from San Diego, CA 11 years ago

if people were being killed by robot planes in my country,

I'd be terrified

[-] -3 points by Clancy (42) 11 years ago

They were terrorists before rockets started coming out if the sky. They aren't fucking sacred either. They as just very very hateful. Not because of America but because of their twisted view on Islam. They think that America is run by the Jew and in turn the Jew is controlled by the devil. Right now Muhammed and some of his buddy's are in a cave making bombs to detonate in Kabul, Ramadi, or Baghdad. Bombs to kill innocent people. Bombs to kill innocent people even after we left Iraq. Bombs that will kill young children, mothers, fathers, and friends. If you think that it is our fault then you have a twisted view in the world. Cause that has been happening before we ever got involved.

[-] 2 points by DKAtoday (33802) from Coon Rapids, MN 11 years ago

The fact is those people have been victims of terrorists for ages. The innocent are the victims of terrorists and the terrorist hunters.

I agree with you. But those people will always be victims if other people allow it to happen. It is a war and people do die, innocent people do die. It is the unavoidae aspect of it. There were civilian casualties but the Nazis were stopped. It is unavoidable that people will die but terrorism can be stopped. World peace is impossible without use of force. Killing people like terrorists and warlords and ousting dictators that murder their own people.

[-] 3 points by MattLHolck (16833) from San Diego, CA 11 years ago

right the US should stop dropping bombs

[-] -2 points by DKAtoday (33802) from Coon Rapids, MN 11 years ago

There are ways and there are ways. Right now I would like to see drones taking out Asad's military vehicles and let the population take care of the rest.

As for conflicts in general I would like us to work at making them unthinkable for populations to permit to happen. I would like all populations to be actively against terrorists instead of having some of them cheer for them.

How?

Stop throwing money at regimes and expecting them to do right by their people.

Instead buy goods and services from local small to moderate sized business in the USA and send that to those in need. Help them build a green power technology infrastructure. Eliminate the need for fossil fuel conflict.

Help them setup clean farming and help them get clean water out of the ground.

In short help them to have better living conditions and a chance to join the rest of the modern world.

But lets make it a clean world for all.

That would be perfect but as long as there are radical extremists it will never happen. People need to not be pussys and help fight the problem.

[-] -2 points by DKAtoday (33802) from Coon Rapids, MN 11 years ago

Yes there will always be Monsters. The thing to combat that is to promote a healthy and prosperous society for all in the society. Then these monsters are easier to see and recognize.

Where you have poverty and a daily struggle not to die of starvation. You will have a breeding ground for monsters.

[Removed]

[-] -2 points by Cubs101 (-49) 11 years ago

I've watched Fareed, he is an arrogant foreigner (he is a muslim from India). You know the type, they will tell you all that is wrong with America, eventhough their country of origin is a s(curse word) hole of failure. Yeah let's learn from you Zaki ; go help your own damn country.

[+] -6 points by Cubs101 (-49) 11 years ago

Fareed Zakaria is a foreigner and an America hater.

[+] -7 points by danzer (-51) 11 years ago

Just like 0bama.