Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: Auction 2012: Two-Party Oligarchy Vs. The People

Posted 11 years ago on Oct. 15, 2012, 9:18 p.m. EST by SparkyJP (1646) from Westminster, MD
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

I just got this in email and I thought I'd share:

Published on Oct 15, 2012 by AmpedStatus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQAH8DlemFE&feature=youtu.be

This video is a political statement protected by Anonymous and Fair Use laws. It is NOT approved by the Romney and Obama campaigns, as they are both bought and paid for by corrupt short-sighted greed-addicted oligarchs.

Anyone who pays attention knows that our political system is corrupt and unsustainable. Our elections have devolved into auctions. Our future is sold to the highest bidder. It's the two-party oligarchy versus the people.

The presidential debates are a tragic joke on the American people, a puppet show lacking legitimacy. Our government is rigged against hardworking Americans through blatant political bribery: campaign finance, lobbying and the revolving door between Washington and the world's most corrupt corporations.

Send a message to the old world aristocrats: This will be the last presidential election of the partisan dinosaur era. The meteor has hit. Both parties are now obsolete and will soon be swept into the dustbin of history. A critical mass of people are now aware and engaged. The evolution has begun...

We know of a new world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQAH8DlemFE&feature=youtu.be

12 Comments

12 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 1 points by SparkyJP (1646) from Westminster, MD 11 years ago

This is the full interview with David DeGraw

http://4closurefraud.org/2012/09/19/the-young-turks-another-world-is-happening-occupy-wall-street-anniversary-interview-with-david-degraw/

David DeGraw is the founder and editor of AmpedStatus.com and co-founder of the 99% movement

http://ampedstatus.com/

[-] 1 points by Builder (4202) 11 years ago

A fine example of taking useful information, and making it so painful to watch, nobody would bother.

Anon has been co-opted.

[-] 0 points by yobstreet (-575) 11 years ago

I like it, what else ya got?

[-] 2 points by SparkyJP (1646) from Westminster, MD 11 years ago

I got a bunch; but I'll refer you to a site and a movement that I think will remedy the above problem :

http://osixs.org/Rev2_menu_commonsense.aspx

If we're going to have this fight; I think the first step is to have a common cause that people of all persuasions and ideologies can rally behind. The left, right and everyone in between. That cause should be - Get The Money Out of Politics. We should make it a treasonous act for ANYONE to bribe our leaders.

[-] -1 points by yobstreet (-575) 11 years ago

Well what's interesting in all of this is that it isn't new. People have complained of power for thousands of years now. And they have complained in this country since its inception as a nation. The truth is, none of us want a federal government - we should abolish it. Or at least limit it as much as possible. Because nothing good will ever come of it; nothing good can ever come of a distant power because it is a self serving entity that relies on us as its resource. We should not empower the Fed; it should be entirely utilitarian, to provide, for example, for the common defense. But it should not rule on personal matters of community or local economy. This is insanity; it will eventually suck the life blood out of any and all.

I agree with much of what you're saying. The federal government is over reaching, picks winners and losers, manipulates our markets, and is becoming despotic. They are also a poor steward of our money. This is not the fed gov that we had a few generations ago. They are extractionists and have morphed our democracy into a kleptocracy. They are robbing us.

Kleptocracy, alternatively cleptocracy or kleptarchy, (from Greek: κλέπτης - kleptēs, "thief"[1] and κράτος - kratos, "power, rule",[2] hence "rule by thieves") is a form of political and government corruption where the government exists to increase the personal wealth and political power of its officials and the ruling class at the expense of the wider population, often without pretense of honest service. This type of government corruption is often achieved by the embezzlement of state funds.

That being said, there are national issues that need tending to, that the states are not equipped to handle, therefore I support a more limited fed government, with 'the people' at the head of the executive branch to keep the rest of gov in check. Just my opinion.

These details can be hammered out 'after' we Get The Money Out of Politics. Most people agree that this is the eight hundred pound gorilla in the room and it's what distorts government. That's why I think 'Get The Money Out' has the most chance for success.

Absolutely, no matter how benevolent they may appear, they are raping us financially. And in my mind there is sufficient transparency to label their actions as "blatant."

How do you explain a Pelosi as speaker of the House? Is she truly qualified, the best this nation has to offer, or is this just wealth buying power to their advantage?

And in the meantime their friends grow their wealth via tax dollars a hundred times. Their legislation grows us poorer as they can grow richer.

Well put! If we can get the money out, then the Greedy Bastards will lose their leverage, and congress's only option will be to represent the voters that put them in office; instead of their corporate and monied puppet masters.

I'm not saying that removing the money will cure ALL congressional corruption; but it would make bribery illegal once again. Unfettered money as we have now, is very attractive to thieves and dishonest actions.

“I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.” ― Mahatma Gandhi

Cheers ;)

[-] -1 points by VQkag2 (16478) 11 years ago

Pelosi was a great speaker. And deserved it becauseof all her hard work on behalf of the 99%.

Of course she isn't the speaker now. Are you gonna call Boehner unqualified, & bought by wealthy.?

He is the one who has obstructed fin reform, His house cut the budget to prosecute fin crimes, he has vowed to repeal the fin reform, he refused to vote on the head of the consumer fin protection agency.

Not Pelosi.

I don't care much for boner either.

[-] 0 points by Barfnow (-16) 11 years ago

I'm afraid you are completly wrong. I wish you weren't.

[-] 2 points by SparkyJP (1646) from Westminster, MD 11 years ago

If corporate money funds both corporate parties, in the end, who do you think gets represented? Buying BOTH parties is a sure way to get your issues pushed through ....... and they're tax deductible!

Before long our Pledge of Allegiance will read:

"I pledge allegiance, to the CEO, of the United Corporations of America, and to the Fascist Republic, for which it stands, one corporation, under dictated media, divisible, with less liberty, and corporal punishment for all."

Contrary to you; I wish I were wrong; but the facts don't bear that out ;(