Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: 80,000 Egyptian Jews escaped Muslim terrorism by fleeing to Israel in the last 60 years ( there are fewer than two dozen left ).

Posted 10 years ago on Aug. 15, 2013, 7:27 p.m. EST by mideast (506)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

Maybe the Egyptian Christians need a country to escape to.

Christian Churches Burned in Egypt Amid Riots & Christian Minorities Plead for Protection Against Brutality. Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood called on followers to march in protest in Cairo on Thursday, after at least 600 people were killed in a security crackdown on the Islamist movement that has left the most populous Arab nation polarized and in turmoil. Following the forceful removal of demonstrators upset over the ousting of former President Mohammad Morsi, supporters's violence continues to mar the country.

Not satisfied with attacking their Muslim brothers, the Christian minority in Egypt taking the brunt of the pro-Muslim Brotherhood violence.
Reports from the country reveal that there have been dozens of attacks on Coptic Christians, their churches, homes and businesses. Bishop Angaelos, the Cairo-born head of the Coptic Orthodox Church in the United Kingdom, revealed that at last count he had heard that 52 churches had been attacked with other reports saying hundreds of Coptic Christians had been attacked.
In a statement Wednesday, the Egyptian cabinet called on the Muslim Brotherhood leaders to stop harming national security and demanded they bear responsibility for the bloodshed and current rioting witnessed in the country.
Supporters of former President Mohamed Morsi have been rioting throughout Egyptian governorates.
Attackers broke into Virgin Mary and Father Ibraam Monastery in the Degla village. Setting fire to three churches and six services buildings and marched in the village chanting against the Christians. Some were seen surrounding their homes and assaulting Christians with stones. The crowd also set fire to a church services building that was part of the Mar Mina el-Agaby Church in the southern part of the province. There were also reports of the Evangelical Baptist church in Beni Mazar sustaining extensive damage amid the chaos.

Do you think fleeing Christian Egyptians would be forced into refugee camps by their new countries?

40 Comments

40 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 3 points by shadz66 (19985) 10 years ago

Back to your AIPAC talking points I see, you hatefilled, rancid old bigot !!!

People should clearly note, that 80,000+ Jews did indeed live in Egypt !!

In safety & for many, many hundreds of years & safer than in Europe !

God damn it - I have so much I could & will say here but I'll pace myself 'cause I fancy wailing on your sorry ass and batting your b-s soft balls right out of the fkn ball park but over a period of time.You may pitch them with all the force and bluster you can muster - but by the time they get to my bat - they will be soft balls. I'm just in the fkn mood for you - bens-ericweiss-mideast-dad and your b-s, as hundreds die in Egypt in a coup against democracy and you, you sorry sack of shit, can't wait to dance with joy.

For the record - yes churches have been attacked and no there is NO justification other than the same bigotry that you yourself so easily display here. You know me ..I won't be wasting an opportunity to lay down links as I engage you in a slap fest, so here we go :

Go on, it isn't too long - read it and ask me what's the relevance here why don't you - because for sure you will make like you can't work it out yourself and while you're at it also get your empty head around :

''In fact, the Egyptian Army - as the entire military is colloquially known there - may be one of the U.S. government’s best friends in the entire Arab world. American presidents have been encouraging 'stability' in the region for more than 30 years by making the Egyptian military the real muscle behind a regional superpower - one built and trained by Washington.'' from :

This army is not above stoking shit up against the Copts to justify its fascistic repression and violence !!!

fiat lux et fiat pax ...

[-] 1 points by TropicalDepression (-45) 10 years ago

Meanwhile next door the "Christians" just got done bombing Libya because they wanted their own currency.

[-] 3 points by MattLHolck (16833) from San Diego, CA 10 years ago

control is in the hands of pretend money

That is so true that it hurts !!! How the flying fk were you stinkled so quickly for that ?!! I have a theory - wanna hear it ? Good ! Right - that p.o.s. Trashy-Troll & bots and maybe some Bard College minions - are going to stinkle the likes of you to give the faux but sustained impression that your usual 'anti-fans' here are ganging up on you ! You're a big lad & can take it - but maybe not others. Do you get my drift ?

I'm not saying that the anti-fans aren't prone to that anyway ... but I notice the same going on with some new posters and the purpose is to undermine this forum and cause Odin type reactions. This forum has been under attack from the get go ! Never doubt that !! Persevere for The 99% !!! Solidarity and also fyi :

e tenebris, lux ...

[-] 1 points by Kavatz (464) from Edmonton, AB 10 years ago

I saw TD get the stink in 5 seconds on another post. It's a bit of a handicap but we know.

[-] 1 points by Builder (4202) 10 years ago

I must say that I admire your determination, Shadz.

It's the mark of a man to stick to his guns.

[-] 2 points by shadz66 (19985) 10 years ago

Chris Hedges speaks for The 99% like almost none other. Thanx for your solidarity 'B' and I append and recommend this short but really very insightful article as it seems to be all over the web at the moment :

pax, amor et lux ...

[-] 0 points by gnomunny (6819) from St Louis, MO 10 years ago

Good to see you, B.

The reports of your death have been greatly exaggerated.

[-] 1 points by Builder (4202) 10 years ago

Hmmm, my novel writing is getting my attention.

After a few years of exposing the last US admin for the criminals that they are, I dropped off the interent for two years, assuming that the ship was in safer hands with the current admin. Rumours of my death at that time turned out to be greatly exaggerated also.

I drop in to read here, and of course to check the links that our tireless comrade-in-arms Shadz has found.

Mostly though, debate here is fairly predictable, and mostly circular.

Not that this forum is any different to any other that I've participated in.

We spoke about that the other week, Gno.

Yep, we did talk about that. I suspected you were probably peeking in now and then, but another forum member expressed a bit of sadness, suggesting you had left for good.

Ah, them lasses get so damned emotional, don't they? ;-)

[-] 0 points by Builder (4202) 10 years ago

Renneye? She's so sweet.

And I'm a cad for not replying to her message/s.

I'm at a bit of a crossroads, with some hacking of my 'puter going on, despite having what is considered the "best" defense software. Try contacting these people for assistance. It's non-existent.

Writing creatively is very draining on the psyche, and it even invades your sleeping time. But I need to get this finished, so my other interests are put on hold in the interim.

Give my love to the lasses. :-)

Yes, she is. She did mention that she figured life was keeping you occupied and was one of the reasons you've been away.

Creative writing might be draining but it's also very rewarding. Emotionally, I mean, not necessarily financially. That's my experience, anyway.

[-] -2 points by mideast (506) 10 years ago

here are the facts you asked for about the last few decades of terror & war:
{ if you need more facts, I can post from Mohammad in the year 624 }

1968 Founding of The Moro National Liberation Front in the Philippines and the beginning of a battle for Moslem “autonomy” that would leave 50,000 dead, and would be backed by Libya and Iran.
1976 Pakistan’s Zulfikar Ali Bhutto announces his plan to build an ‘Islamic Bomb’, “a bomb for defense of all Islamic Countries.”
1990 In July, the Jama'at al Muslimeen under the control of Imam Yasin Abu Bakr attempts a violent coup in Trinidad and Tobago to establish a Moslem extremist state. Jama'at al Muslimeen is still in business today.
1996-2005 Westerners first read the word “madrassa” when this form of extremist, Saudi-backed religious school educates and graduates the leaders of Afghanistan’s Taleban. Later it turns out that the Saudis have established these “suicide bomber factories” in Bangladesh, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Russia, the Balkans, Western Europe, and North America., It also turns out that the Jamia Binoria society of madrassas in Karachi, Pakistan, is attracting foreign students from 30 countries, including the US, and educating them in Saudi-style Wahabi extremism.
1999 The Philippine Moro National Liberation Front buys 10,000 M16 automatic rifles and grenades from North Korean dealer Lim Kyu-do. It also puts a down payment on North Korean mini-submarines.
1999 September 4, “a car bomb detonated outside an apartment building housing Russian soldiers in the city of Buinaksk, in the province of Dagestan. 64 people were killed and dozens of others were wounded. Russia blamed Chechen separatists, who would days later invade the province from neighboring Chech nya.”
1999 September 8, “300 kg to 400 kg of explosives detonated on the ground floor of an apartment building in southeast Moscow. The nine-story building was destroyed, killing 94 people inside and wounded 150 others.
1999 September 16 truck bomb “outside a nine-story apartment complex in the southern Russian city of Volgodonsk, killing 17 people.”
2000 Islamic militants mount an intense bombing campaign in South Africa
2001 May 5. Muslim militants converge on the Moluccas, the spice islands of Indonesia, to defend Moslems against “a Christian conspiracy”. Thousands are killed.
2001 March 22 Anti-slavery groups report that there are 27 million modern slaves “From Khartoum to Calcutta, from Brazil to Bangladesh”. Most seem to be in Islamic countries.
2003 June 5 Two female suicide bombers detonate themselves at a rock concert near Moscow killing 14.
2003 October 23. Roughly 1,000 audience members are taken hostage when mahahedin chanting, “We love death more than you love life” take over an entire Moscow theater—the Dubrovka. 130 die.
2003 Police in the Indian hill resort of Kud arrest a young driver and his girlfriend—couriers carrying $100,000 in American donations to finance a never-ending Jihad in Kashmir.
2004-2005 Arab Janjaweed tribesmen prey on the black Islamic population of their own country—the Shariah-run nation of Sudan. “Janjaweed, Arab militias armed by the government, have carried out ethnic cleansing, systematic rape” and enslavement.,
2004 In Amsterdam, a 26-year-old Dutch Moroccan shoots filmmaker Theo Van Gogh while Van Gogh is bicycling. “I know definitely that you, Oh America, will go down. I know definitely that you, Oh Europe, will go down. I know definitely that you, Oh Netherlands, will go down.”
2004 March 11 thirteen bombs on commuter trains triggered to go off simultaneously at height of Madrid rush hour. Responsibility is claimed by al Qaeda in Europe.
2004 January 4 30 armed mujahedin storm military armory and steal 380 M-16s in Narathiwat, Southern Thailand. Meanwhile 18 schools are set afire.
2004 April 28. 112 killed when machete armed teenage mujahedin wearing red headbands and black t-shirts with Islamic slogans attack a dozen police posts in 3 provinces in Southern Thailand.
2004-2005 The jihad in Southern Thailand kills 860 in 18 months. Vendors sell CDs of beheadings with titles like “Jihad in Chechnya 2000”.
2005 July 7, London 4 bombings—3 in subways & 1 on a double-decker bus kill 54 people.
2005 July 14 60 muhahedin attack the regional capital of Yala in Thailand, killing 2, injuring 22, plunging city into darkness A few days earlier a school headmistress is murdered & 2 Buddhist women are beheaded.

Is it something pathological with you, eric-bensdad-mideast-wiess ?!

Consider : ''The propagandists's purpose is to make one set of people forget that certain other sets of people are human'' (Aldous Huxley) and ;

"There is no moral difference between a Stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. They both kill innocent people for political reasons.” (Tony Benn).

Would an exchange of numbers serve any purpose here ? Should we give it a try ?

So, a partial list of Western/Christian on Western/Christian killings, from just 1946 - today :

~

100,000 Greek Civil War, 1946-1949

2,000 Costa Rican Civil War, 1948

200,000 La Violencia (Columbia), 1948-1958

1,000 Basque Conflict, 1959-2011

100,000 Congo Crisis, 1960-1966

200,000 Guatemalan Civil War, 1960-1996

5,000 Eritrean War of Independence, 1961-1991

50,000 Angolan War of Independence, 1961-1974

50,000 Mozambican War of Independence, 1964-1974

250,000 Columbian Conflict, 1964-present

3,000 Dominican Civil War, 1965

2,000 US Occupation of Dominican Republic, 1965-1966

13,000 Namibian War of Independence, 1966-1990

1,400,000 Ethiopian Civil War 1974-1991

15,000 Angola Civil War, 1975-2002

30,000 Argentina Dirty War 1975-1983

125,000 Mozambican Civil War, 1977-1992

10,000 Nicaraguan Revolution, 1978-1979

75,000 Salvadorian Civil War, 1979-1992

70,000 Peruvian Armed Conflict 1980-present

30,000 Nicaraguan Contra War, 1981-1989

1,000 Romanian Revolution, 1989

3,000 US Invasion of Panama, 1989

150,000 Liberia, 1989-1997

350,000 The Yugoslav Wars, 1991-1999

3,526 The Northern Ireland 'Troubles', 1969-2001.

~

Was any purpose served by recounting such a sad litany? Furthermore Christians in Europe have been slaughtering each other in the name of - religion, politics and nationalism for centuries, before the mass slaughter of WW1 & WW2 .. but you can not seem to extend these reasons and realisations to people of another religion, as your mouth is completely shut, your brain is switched off and your heart blocked on that matter as you choose to crudely lump all Muslims together in order to justify your deep seated bigotry, hate and crass propaganda.

Try to prise open your mind in order to realise that Arch-US Allies - the despotic, reactionary ultra-right-wing Saudi regime is right at the heart of the problem of the 'Muslim Polity' & you'll be looking through a mirror darkly and getting a glimpse of the real issues at play here. These Saudis .. who have stuck their family name on a whole country, push a faux Sunni orthodoxy and absolutely do NOT want ANY kind of 99% democracy, in ANY Arab country EVER, under ANY circumstances - for obvious reasons !!! & This also suits the Banksters (think recycled petro-dollars), the Arms and Hydrocarbon Corporations and The Empire too, of course !! Turkeys generally don't vote for Thanksgiving IF they can help it - geddit ?!

So bensdad+sox, who do you serve with your propaganda and AIPAC talking points ? War Pimping and abject bigotry like yours, should never go unchallenged, as we are all on this Space Ship Earth together but your selective, subjective, supremacist stance demands reproach with scholarship, so with a view to a little more light even if you'll consider it 'heat', I'll end by appending and recommending the following :

Smoked a whole reefer compiling that reply ... maybe I'll recommend the same to you now, so come with your ''facts'' and don't try to be so sly and crafty - spell out what your point and purpose really is.

e tenebris, lux ...

[-] 5 points by LeoYo (5909) 10 years ago

The point is anti-Semitism but people get away with not calling it that when it doesn't refer to certain groups of Europeans but instead refers to actual Semites speaking a Semitic language or observing a Semitic religion. Even worse, if a Semite should speak out against such Europeans, the Semite is called anti-Semitic! Now, that's anti-Semitic!

Convoluted, strange but true it seems & also fyi, as it's all over the web right now :

pax et lux ; nunc et semper ; hic et ubique ...

[-] 1 points by eureka19 (11) 10 years ago

Thanks. I started reading that link on Truthdig's web site.

It is never fun to read Hedge's as his writing is very sobering.

Many people forget that we are in a world-wide revolution, and the consequences for failure are disastrous and totally unacceptable.

What is happening there in Egypt will happen here if we let it, and then people may well cling to their Bibles in their hopelessness

As more and more people become aware, we can only hope that they gain a feeling of empowerment.

Yes ! ''Many people forget that we are in a world-wide revolution, and the consequences for failure are disastrous and totally unacceptable.'' Very well said and I concur that Chris Hedges short article was really very good. I also append fyi :

fiat lux et fiat pax ...

[Removed]

[Removed]

[-] -3 points by mideast (506) 10 years ago

Few of your wars list are based on RELIGION
the Catholic-Protestant wars certainly were
but Israel has newer started a war for the specific reason of killing Muslems
or forcing their beliefs on other countries

Yes, Israel has killed 35,000 Arabs/Muslims -
defending its own existance.
FYI:
The Islamic Genocide Records of over 11,000,000
ARABs / MUSLIMs killing ARABs / MUSLIMs 1948- today:

• 1,000+ Egypt 2012 - ?
  • 100,000+ Syria 2011 - ?

• 50,000 Tajikistan, 1992-96 (secularists against Islamists)

• 40,000 Chad, 1982-90
  • 25,000 Jordan government vs. Palestinians, 1970-71 (Black September)
  • 20,000 Syria, 1982 (against Islamists in Hama)
  • 10,000 South Yemen, 1986 (civil war)
  • 16,000 Western Sahara, 1975-present
  • 75,000 Iraq, 2003-present (domestic)
  • 80,000 Iran, 1978-79 (revolution)
  • 100,000 North Yemen, 1962-70
  • 140,000 Kuwait War, 1990-91
  • 150,000 Lebanon civil war, 1975-90
  • 150,000 Liberia, 1989-97
  • 300,000 Iraq, 1970-2003 (Saddam against minorities)
  • 300,000 Kurds in Iraq, Iran, Turkey, 1980s-1990s
  • 400,000 Somalia, 1991-present
  • 200,000 Algeria, 1991-2006 (between Islamists and the government)
  • 1,000,000 Iran-Iraq-War, 1980-88
  • 1,100,000 Nigeria, 1966-79 (Biafra); 1993-present
  • 1,900,000 Sudan, 1955-72; 1983-2006 (civil wars, genocides)

Nor is Iraq (Sunni versus Shiite) the only place where Muslim violence against Muslims rages unabated. There is Darfur in Sudan, Somalia, Afghanistan, Kashmir, Algeria until recently, and hotspots in Iran, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Indonesia, Nigeria, Uzbekistan, Palestine, Morocco, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and Lebanon.

Muslims killed 80,000,000 Hindus to conquer India Will Durant, Pullitzer winner, the famous historian summed it up : "The Islamic conquest of India is probably the bloodiest story in history. It is a discouraging tale, for its evident moral is that civilization is a precious good, whose delicate complex of order and freedom, culture and peace, can at any moment be overthrown by barbarians invading from without or multiplying within."

Koenraad Elst , the german historian writes in "Negation in India" The Muslim conquests, down to the 16th century, were for the Hindus a pure struggle of life and death. Entire cities were burnt down and the populations massacred, with hundreds of thousands killed in every campaign, and similar numbers deported as slaves. Every new Muslim invader made (often literally) his hills of Hindu skulls. Thus, the conquest of Afghanistan in the year 1000 was followed by the annihilation of the Hindu population; the region is still called the Hindu Kush, i.e. Hindu slaughter.
The Muslim Bahmani sultans (1347-1480) in central India made it a rule to kill 100,000 captives in a single day, and many more on other occasions.
The conquest of the Vijayanagar empire in 1564 left the capital plus large areas of Karnataka depopulated.
And so on. As a contribution to research on the quantity of the Islamic crimes against humanity, we may mention that the Indian (subcontinent) population decreased by 80 million between 1000 (conquest of Afghanistan) and 1525 (end of Delhi Sultanate)..

But the "Indian Pagans" were far too numerous and never fully surrendered. What some call the Muslim period in Indian history, was in reality a continuous war of Islamic occupiers against resisters, in which the Muslim rulers were finally defeated in the 18th century. Against these rebellious Pagans the Muslim rulers preferred to avoid total confrontation, and to accept the compromise which the (in India dominant) Hanifite school of Islamic law made possible. Alone among the four Islamic law schools, the school of Hanifa gave Muslim rulers the right not to offer the Pagans the sole choice between death and conversion, but to allow them toleration as zimmis (protected ones) living under 20 humiliating conditions, and to collect the jizya (toleration tax) from them. Normally the zimmi status was only open to Jews and Christians (and even that concession was condemned by jurists of the Hanbalite school like lbn Taymiya), which explains why these communities have survived in Muslim countries while most other religions have not.

Sadly - Mulims killing Muslims goes way back - In the late 11th century AD, the Hash-shash-in (a.k.a. the "Assassins") arose, an offshoot of the Isma'ili sect of Shia Muslims. Led by Hassan-i Sabbah and opposed to Muslim Fatimid rule, the Hashshashin militia seized Alamut and other fortress strongholds across Persia. Hashshashin forces assassinated city governors and military commanders in order to create alliances with militarily powerful neighbors. For example, they killed Janah al-Dawla, ruler of Homs, to please Ridwan of Aleppo, and assassinated Mawdud, Seljuk emir of Mosul, as a favor to the regent of Damascus. The Hashshashin also carried out assassinations as retribution. Under some definitions of terrorism, such assassinations do not qualify as terrorism, since killing a political leader does not intimidate political enemies or inspire revolt.

And the caliphate - the Islamic dictate that drives the insanity for centuries - to control the world has no parallel in Israel
but Catholics, adolph, napoleon, etc did try to conquer the world

Have you read the Quran - I have
If you had, and if you realized that for every American radical born again idiot who worships the new testament & believes the earth is 6000 years old and does NOT believe killing the "other" will get them 72 virgins, there are 100 radical islamists who worship the Quran and "know" that salt water cannot mis with fresh water.
FYI - I have no interest in what AIPAC says or does
I am concerned about the peace of the world which has been so tortured by ALL religious extremists - especially those who worship a book rather than God.
If the year was 1100, I would be posting against the Catholic crusades against the Muslims

For more facts:
http://www.danielpipes.org/4990/arab-israeli-fatalities-rank-49th

You asked my what is my point?
Israel has, since before 1948, tried to co-exist. Sadly, they have proposed treaty after treaty, and have had to force peace with a wall.
I dont want to debate the wall or the settlements -
BUT, after decades of many other tries, THE WALL WORKED - there is MUCH less violence in Israel.
It took centuries to disconnect the Catholic church from its violent moves to dominate the world.
It took 10,000,000+ dead to disconnect Germany from its violent moves to dominate the world.

I wish I knew how to disconnect radical book worshiping Muslims from the Quran and bring them to Allah. I hope it does NOT require a wall.
I hope that it wont take centuries.

[-] 4 points by shadz66 (19985) 10 years ago

Son of Nixon and Kissinger's 'Team B' leader, Richard Pipes ?! That Daniel Pipes ?!! Of Course !!! So much more is really revealed now about where you're actually coming from but this will suffice for now :

You so totally miss the whole point of my case, that I am beginning to think that that is really neither by mistake or oversight. You wish to make mere religion ipso facto The Only possible rationale for anything that happens in any Muslim country, in order to malign the entire creed, culture and community and that is where you are (wilfully?) blind at best or a strategic Islamophobic propagandist at worst, so I'll repeat :

Christians in Europe have been slaughtering each other in the name of religion, politics and nationalism for centuries, before the mass slaughter of WW1 and WW2 - but you somehow can not seem to extend these reasons and realisations to people of another religion, as your mouth seems completely shut and your brain is switched off and your heart blocked on that matter as you only choose to crudely lump all Muslims together in order to justify your really rather deep seated bigotry, hate and crass propaganda.

Furthermore just try to prise open your mind in order to try to realise, that Arch-US Allies - the despotic, reactionary ultra-right-wing Saudi regime, is right at the heart of the problem of the 'Muslim Polity' & you will be looking through a mirror darkly and getting a glimpse of some of the real issues at play here.

These same Saudis, who've actually stuck their family name on a whole country ffs - are pushing a faux Sunni orthodoxy and absolutely do NOT want ANY kind of real 99% democracy, in any Muslim country EVER, under ANY circumstances - for rather obvious reasons !!! + This also totally suits the Banksters (think of those recycled petro-dollars), the Armaments and Hydrocarbon Corporations - and The Empire too, of course !! Consider that Turkeys generally don't vote for Thanksgiving IF they can help it, geddit ?!

Unlike me, you obviously don't open any links sent your way in case they contradict your established prejudices & personal politics, so for the standing record, I append & recommend, for others if not you :

Finally your straw man arguments re. Israel need some contextualising here, so I will let others decide for themselves as history as we know, has hitherto, always been written by the victors but that doesn't mean it has to still continue to be so in this day and age of the inter-web, so watch these IF you dare :

For the genuinely curious, open minded and hearted, the above videos will be a very educative resource.

PEACE is for us all & the various Paternalistic, Abrahamic, Monotheistic Mumbo-Jumbos - have served us all so poorly to date. Finally, consider that 'Spiritual Supremacism' is but a tiny breath away from an equally unconscionable 'Racial Supremacism', as 'Spirit' is for all or none and also, please reflect upon :

Despite your hysteria, hubris and hate, I now actually find myself somewhat less cross and more feeling sorry for you now really, john ... and my best wishes to your son ben, who you're obviously proud of and may he be more soft of heart and open of mind then his fear and loathing motivated dad.

oremus et spero meliora ...

[-] 3 points by eureka19 (11) 10 years ago

That was an excellent response

Your humanity shines through

[-] 1 points by shadz66 (19985) 10 years ago

Thank you and thus fyi : http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article35871.htm .

fiat lux, fiat justitia. fiat pax ...

[-] 2 points by MattLHolck (16833) from San Diego, CA 10 years ago

I just heard a PBS report calling the muslims slaughter in Egypt violent

[-] 1 points by shadz66 (19985) 10 years ago

The situation is really very bad Matt & fyi : http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article35875.htm :-(

multum in parvo ...

[-] 3 points by MattLHolck (16833) from San Diego, CA 10 years ago

Murder is wrong

'Murder is ALWAYS wrong' !! Yep, bang on the button Matt & also fyi :

''There can be no excuse for the police whose duty is to protect all Egyptians. It was a disgrace, a most shameful chapter in Egyptian history. The police – some wearing black hoods – shot down into the crowds of Muslim Brotherhood supporters from the roof of Cairo’s Ramses Street police station and surrounding streets.'' <Sad Sigh>

fiat pax ...

[Removed]

[Removed]

[-] -3 points by leola (-5) 10 years ago

cat stevens is a muslim. lennon,...............................a naive ( but wealthy ) idiot.

What's Cat Stevens' spiritual outlook or any dead Beatles (John OR George) got to do with the price of bacon ?! Huh ?!! WhoTF are you and what's your point ?!!! You seem about as kosher as a cheese and ham sandwich to me but fyi, I'll still append :

e tenebris, lux ?

[Removed]

[Removed]

[-] 0 points by TropicalDepression (-45) 10 years ago

"Israel never started a war for the purpose of killing Muslims"

No, they just marched in after WWII and carved the place up, declaring what was theirs and what was everyone elses.

I guess everyone should have just bowed down and accepted it.

What a pathetic post.

[-] 1 points by mideast (506) 10 years ago

check your history - Israel carved up nothing

Myth and Fact Mitchell G. Bard

To the surprise of many, none of the countries that border Israel became independent until the 20th century, and many other Arab nations became independent after Israel did in 1948...

MYTH

"The creation of the state of Israel in 1948 changed political and border arrangements between independent states that had existed for centuries."

FACT

The boundaries of Middle East countries were arbitrarily fixed by the Western powers after Turkey was defeated in World War I and the French and British mandates were set up. The areas allotted to Israel under the UN partition plan had all been under the control of the Ottomans, who had ruled Palestine from 1517 until 1917.

When Turkey was defeated in World War I, the French took over the area now known as Lebanon and Syria. The British assumed control of Palestine and Iraq. In 1926, the borders were redrawn and Lebanon was separated from Syria.

Britain installed the Emir Faisal, who had been deposed by the French in Syria, as ruler of the new kingdom of Iraq. In 1922, the British created the emirate of Transjordan, which incorporated all of Palestine east of the Jordan River. This was done so that the Emir Abdullah, whose family had been defeated in tribal warfare in the Arabian peninsula, would have a Kingdom to rule. None of the countries that border Israel became independent until the 20th century. Many other Arab nations became independent after Israel.

''In Search of Palestine, Edward Said's Return Home'' :

For Palestinian expatriate Edward Said [RiP], the return to his homeland amounted to a painful inquiry into his past. This program captures the interconnection between Said's personal recollections and the shared memory of the Palestinian people.

Far from ignoring the contemporary realities of the Middle East, Said's perspective relates the ruins of history to the complacent and destructive policies of present-day governments and delivers a powerful articulation of the deep weaknesses of the Oslo accords.

His intellectual legacy provides extremely valuable insight into the circumstances of the second intifada, as well as the very faint steps towards peace that have followed it.

A BBC Production, made back in 1998, this film has never been shown on U.S. television and is here appended in order to aid & contextualise your 'Myth and Fact' analysis & u may also wish to consider :

fiat lux ; fiat justitia ; fiat pax ...

[-] 1 points by Kavatz (464) from Edmonton, AB 10 years ago

Stop! It's just a conspiracy theory, my little mind needs to shut off now. I can't hear you! La la la la la la

[-] 3 points by Builder (4202) 10 years ago

Israelis, meaning the public of Israel, are no more, nor less to blame for anything that the oligarchy is doing, or has done.

[-] -1 points by leola (-5) 10 years ago

The establishment of Isreal was a done by the UN. You have no understanding of what went on.

[-] 2 points by TropicalDepression (-45) 10 years ago

So who runs the UN?

[-] -1 points by leola (-5) 10 years ago

it wasnt the jews of israel

[-] 1 points by MattLHolck (16833) from San Diego, CA 10 years ago

use double line breaks to order the list

[Removed]

[-] 2 points by MattLHolck (16833) from San Diego, CA 10 years ago

the attacks on Degla village

were not made by the people who died in the protest sit ins

[Removed]

[Removed]