Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: 7000 openings for cardiologists right now

Posted 12 years ago on March 21, 2012, 11:07 a.m. EST by aflockofdoofi (-18)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

You will come out of school with about $350000 of school debt, but opening salaries are usually $300000 or more, so the debt can be paid off in a few years.

Same with orthopedic surgery. Most qualified MDs can enter practice wih little more than a very small initial investment.

If you sre willing to work in more remote areas, you debt can be erased.

9 Comments

9 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 1 points by ThunderclapNewman (1083) from Nanty Glo, PA 12 years ago

What's med mal insurance run a month for a cardiothoracic surgeon?

[-] 0 points by gestopomillyy (1695) 12 years ago

there you go again , failing to realize that 85% of the population has an I.Q. of less than 105. you want someone that unintelligent working on your heart?

[-] 1 points by DanielBarton (1345) 12 years ago

sorry i have to stop you from spreading lies

IQ is not relevant to how smart your are but how smart you may become. If you have ever noticed the IQ test doesn't relate to anything it doesn't help you get into college or anything. It is a number with no true meaning.

So this 85% of people under 105 is a lie 100 is the mean for the total population. So we can see that at 105 62% of the population fall under this number of 105 using the standard deviation of 15.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligence_quotient http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IQ_reference_chart

[-] 2 points by gestopomillyy (1695) 12 years ago

A recent USA study connecting political views and intelligence has shown that the mean adolescent intelligence of young adults who identify themselves as "very liberal" is 106.4, while that of those who identify themselves as "very conservative" is 94.8.[82] Two other studies conducted in the UK reached similar conclusions

i see your point. my point is.. there are not a lot of people smart enough to become cardiologist. the ones that are , would rather make money in some less stressful manner. so it doesnt matter how many jobs opening there are for that particular job.

Can i have a link to the first study.

You completely correct that not everyone can fill that position but your wrong on the statistics

[-] 1 points by gestopomillyy (1695) 12 years ago

^ Kanazawa S (2010). "Why Liberals and Atheists Are More Intelligent" (PDF). Social Psychology Quarterly 73 (1): 33–57.

http://www.asanet.org/images/journals/docs/pdf/spq/Mar10SPQFeature.pdf

thanks ill read it when i have time

[-] 0 points by XenuLives (1645) from Charlotte, NC 12 years ago

62% is still a metric ton of people...

.62 * 300,000,000 = 186 million people! That's a lot of not-so-intelligent people!

Not so intelligent people fall when it hits 75 IQ rating so that would be only 5% of the population using 100 as mean and standard deviation of 15

Terman's Stanford-Binet Fourth Revision classification IQ Range ("Deviation IQ") Intelligence Classification

114 and above Genius and near genius

101 - 113 Above average intelligence

84 - 100 Normal or average intelligence

68 - 84 Dullness

52 - 68 Borderline deficiency

Below 52 Mental Deficiency

•◘○

Wechsler's classification

IQ Range ("Deviation IQ") Intelligence Classification

= 130 Very superior

111 - 129 Superior

99 - 110 High Average