Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: 3 Popular Delusions for 2013

Posted 11 years ago on Jan. 19, 2013, 6:44 p.m. EST by OTP (-203) from Tampa, FL
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

I'll through in a 4th. That if we all keep doing the same thing, people who dont like us will magically decide they should respect us.

http://www.zerohedge.com/contributed/2013-01-19/three-popular-delusions-2013

2 Comments

2 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] -1 points by zippyhorn (-5) 11 years ago

10/12/2009 – Brian Lenihan, Irish Minister of Finance: “Our plan is working. We have turned the corner.”

09/07/2010 – Jürgen Stark, ECB Chief Economist: “[T]he worst is over…The I.M.F. is underestimating the strength of the economy in Europe.”

29/01/2011 – Christine Lagarde, French Minister of Finance: “I think the euro zone has turned the corner.”

10/03/2012 – Herman von Rompuy, European Council President: “[P]roblems have not yet finished, but the worst of the crisis is over.”

13/03/2012 – Wolfgang Schauble, German Minister of Finance: “We can say that the worst is behind us, but we cannot relax our efforts.”

13/03/2012 – Mario Monti, Prime Minister of Italy: “The most acute phase of the crisis appears to be definitely over but this is no reason for us to relax.”

13/03/2012 – Francois Baroin, French Minister of Finance: “If the question is whether the worst of the crisis is behind us, one can say yes … If we do not deviate from our path, the worst is behind us.”

22/03/2012 – Mario Draghi, President of the ECB: “The worst is over, but there are still risks. The situation is stabilising.”

27/03/2012 – Nicolas Sarkozy, President of France: “I think we came out of the financial crisis, that confidence is restored and we are in the process of economic recovery…Europe has an economic government which overcame the Greek crisis.”

27/03/2012 – Olli Rehn, European Commissioner for Economic and Monetary Affairs and the Euro, “The crisis in Greece is a challenge for the Greek society and for the EU. It is the legacy of years of irresponsible policies. Thanks to European solidarity, we avoided the worst, a social disaster.”

28/03/2012 – Herman von Rompuy, European Council President: “[W]e have turned a corner.”

28/03/2012 – Mario Monti, Prime Minister of Italy: “You all know that the eurozone has gone through a crisis, a huge crisis. I believe this crisis is now almost over.”

18/10/2012 – François Hollande, President of France: “The worst is over.”

19/11/2012 – Mariano Rajoy, President of Spain: “There are doubts about the irreversibility of the euro, it’s true that there were more a few months ago than today…I’m totally and absolutely convinced that the worst has passed.”

27/12/2012 – Wolfgang Schauble, German Minister of Finance: “I believe the worst is past.”

07/01/2013 – José Manuel Barroso, President of the European Commission, “I think we can say that the existential threat against the euro has essentially been overcome.”

09/01/2013 – Herman von Rompuy, European Council President: “Firstly and most importantly, the worst is behind us, in particular the existential threat to the euro.”

10/01/2013: Herman von Rompuy, European Council President: “The worst is now behind us, but not all is right, far from it.”

11/01/2013: Wolfgang Schauble, German Minister of Finance: The single currency is “over the worst of the crisis”

14/01/2013: Jean-Claude Juncker, President of the Eurogroup, “[T]he worst is probably over, but what we still have to do is difficult.”

16/01/2013: Ewald Nowotny, Member of the ECB Governing Council: “The crisis is not over yet, but the worst is over.”

Read more at http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/#PfwsLL308mVKjSZD.99

[-] 1 points by OTP (-203) from Tampa, FL 11 years ago

And you think what?