Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: **** $28.3 Million FREE for Your County **** Every Month UNLIMITED

Posted 11 years ago on Dec. 25, 2012, 1:44 p.m. EST by OTP (-203) from Tampa, FL
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

Sounds pretty nice, eh? And it's true. Well, sort of.

The Bernake announced he is giving 85 Billion a month unlimited, until UE gets lower. Which is pretty ironic, because its a fucked monetary system and financial system that caused the mess to begin with.

With around 3,000 counties in the USA, each one would recieve over 28 million a month, if the money wasnt going towards deleveraging all the fucked up derivatives, or just straight up kept.

What could YOUR county do with 28million? And keep in mind, its on a monthly basis, not a one time fix.

44 Comments

44 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 5 points by owsarmy (271) 11 years ago
[-] 4 points by GirlFriday (17435) 11 years ago

Pay off the loans. Put back the money that was stolen from pension funds. Bring in a county hospital and ambulance service.

[-] 1 points by Theeighthpieceuv8 (-32) from Seven Sisters, Wales 11 years ago

Sure, it would further services and help relieve budget shortfalls.

[-] 1 points by AlwaysIntoSomething (42) 10 years ago

75 Billion just handed to Wall St today.

Your county got robbed of 23 million. Total over the past year? 300 mill.

The public is still completely unaware of this, debating about money.

[-] 1 points by AlwaysIntoSomething (42) 10 years ago

Only 75 Billion a month now.

So after 4 Trillion in bailouts, and this newest version of 85 billion a month, they lower it to 75 Billion.

What an insult. So we need have 3000 counties and 75 Billion a month in stolen money.

So instead of stealing 28 million a month, now they are only stealing 23 million.

Arent we lucky!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/daniel-p-collins/fed-taper-what-was-the-bi_b_4487880.html

[-] 1 points by OTP (-203) from Tampa, FL 11 years ago

140k Beats By Dre headphones per county haha.

On another note, how messed up is it that we are openly accepting guys who made their fortunes rapping about beating women and shooting people?

[-] -1 points by TrevorMnemonic (5827) 11 years ago

most art and music has been hijacked by corporations and capitalism.

You should check out what Hedges has to say about art and music and the new corporate control.

[-] -1 points by OTP (-203) from Tampa, FL 11 years ago

Its no accident that as soon as rap starting getting blasted on the MSM that the private prison complex exploded.

Which one led to what I dont know. But I do know they coincide with each other.

[-] 0 points by JGriff99mph (507) 9 years ago

April Showers bring.... 75 More BILLION!!

Whoot! Great job Congress. Totally just giving them billions, no questions asked. Close to 1.5 Trillion since the 2012 elections.

Great job voting as usual America!

Who could possibly be sick of this?

[-] 0 points by HCHC4 (-28) 10 years ago

Fed announces bailouts will continue until at least March.

If this thing keeps sputtering, they will increase. Currently at a stable 85 Billion per month.

Holy crap, thats a fuck ton of money being stolen from the people.

Apparently the change to Yellen is part of the reason. New boss and all, don't want to shake things up too much.

Sound familiar?

[Removed]

[-] 0 points by OTP (-203) from Tampa, FL 10 years ago

This is damn near 1 million homes, if valued at 100,000 apiece (850k total homes!!)

That means that since they ramped it up in November, we have had 8 months of these MASSIVE bailouts.

That equates to 6.8 MILLION HOMES.

Thats fuckin sick.

Gotta love the duopoly.

[-] 0 points by gnomunny (6819) from St Louis, MO 10 years ago

It's ridiculous, isn't it? And to think if a fraction of that amount every month actually went into the pockets of the average American, the economy would literally explode. I mean explode in a good way. They'd spend it on credit card debt, toys and trinkets, utility bills, etc. Companies would hire, unemployment would go down, paychecks would spur more spending, and on and on.

The politicians and bankers are robbing such an incredible amount of money that it really just proves, plain as day, what we have to look forward to unless something extremely radical happens.

[-] 1 points by gnomunny (6819) from St Louis, MO 10 years ago

Yeah, which is why it's probably going to take something extremely radical to stop this runaway train. And if that's what it's going to take, let's get it over with so we can deal with the fallout and move on.

[-] -1 points by OTP (-203) from Tampa, FL 10 years ago

We should be 5 years into a real rebuild by now....

Instead we have this.

All these idiot Republican and Democrat minions chattering about "What, you wanted to go into a depression?!!"

Guess what morons, its still coming.

[-] -1 points by gnomunny (6819) from St Louis, MO 10 years ago

Yep. Just think what could have been done in those five years.

And great comment on the other thread (no reply buttons again). Fuck it, let's all be thrasy. We'll all be #13. Funny as hell!!

Stocks skyrocketing on "jobs data".... please. 163k doesnt even keep up with pop growth.

It couldnt have ANYTHING to do with the 85 BILLION in BAILOUTS they just got, could it?

Someone needs to cut the cords to CNBC.

Do people understand what is going on with our money? With the world right now?

Do they understand how much money we are straight up printing on a monthly basis? How much we have printed since 08?

Do they understand the people who PURPOSELY crashed the thing are still running the show?

Do they understand the significance of reserve status in the world? And do they understand the significance of everyone telling us its not happening anymore?

Do they understand what it means when the empire is bombing multiple nations and building bases and stationing troops around the globe?

Do the people realize where this all ends up?

[-] -2 points by Builder (4202) 10 years ago

Still asleep, I suspect.

Happy Days are Here Again!!!

S&P at all time highs!!

DOW at all time highs!!

Wall Street is doing better than they ever have before!!

And today we decided to give them an extra 85 Billion, for doing so well!!

So remember, when you look around your neighborhood and see all the potholes, and kids with no books, and the scarce news about our wars overseas....that shit doesnt matter!!

What matters is that Wall St is making a killing. An ALL TIME killing.

But hey, we live in a Democratic Republic, right?

[-] 0 points by OTP (-203) from Tampa, FL 11 years ago

2 more days until Wall St gets its monthly 85Billion handout.

Every county will be robbed of 28.3 million dollars on Monday.

The people are silent. The politicians are silent.

Its a perfect racket.

[-] 0 points by TrevorMnemonic (5827) 11 years ago

great post!

We could solve the homeless problem in my city with 28 million a month, and have a ton of money left over.

January 1st- Another 85 BILLION down the tubes.

Good thing my county is so flush with cash....

Unreal.

@ $800/mo, we could feed 35k families per county.

Every month you could put solar units on a house, and eliminate someone's electric bill, for almost one thousand families. Per month, mind you.

At 50k a year, you could hire 560 teachers for your county. That would be great, seems how educating is the key.

[-] -1 points by OTP (-203) from Tampa, FL 10 years ago

2 more days until Christmas in June for Wall St.

Another 85 Billion dumped into the stock market.

The politicians are loving it.

The people are not being informed about it.

And a few posters here are doing their damn best to make the only thing going to stop it, look like kindergarten.

So why would Bernake stop?

[-] 2 points by windyacres (1197) 10 years ago

I wonder how they're going to explain a low inflation rate with the double digit increases in home prices.

[-] -2 points by OTP (-203) from Tampa, FL 10 years ago

While homeownership stays at the same level to boot!!!

[-] 1 points by windyacres (1197) 10 years ago

Pretty sure rental prices are still going up, but they had already gone up quite a bit.

Inflation might be as high as 2.9%! lol

March 4th, 2013.

Another 85 Billion has been HANDED to the banks. Not a peep from Congress, either party, or the POTUS. Not a peep from teh media, either FOX or MSNBC, or the other MSM jokes.

Your country just got robbed of over 28 million dollars.

Thank your local politicians for the fearless leadership. If you can find one.

Would 28 million per county help low wager earners?

Would 28 million per country help energy start ups?

Would 28 million per county help in education?

Yes.

This Congress and POTUS could give two shits though.

[-] -2 points by OTP (-203) from Tampa, FL 11 years ago

Berkshire just bought Heinz for 23 billion.That county where their their corporate headquarters is located, in Pittsburgh, could have outbid with the PEOPLES MONEY and turned Heinz into a true coop, within 10 months of those bailouts.

I guess that type of thinking is useless in this centrally planned disaster of a nation.

[-] 1 points by MattLHolck (16833) from San Diego, CA 11 years ago

yep the corps central power through ownership and money

[Removed]

[-] -3 points by derain (-178) 11 years ago

and kerry will make a fortune from the sale via his wife, teresa heinz kerry.

Another 85 Billion out the window to Wall St this Feb 1st.

Bailouts still happening. To the tune of 1.14 Trillion a year. And thats not including the increases that are sure to be coming. 28.3 million a month to every county, is what we are missing out on.

[Deleted]

So the FEd is issuing QE3 because of its ZIRP policy? That is quite the conundrum.

[Deleted]

I dont think that you can artificially create demand. It has been a constant downward shift of interest rates for 30years.

I realize the Fed cannot directly give to the states, but at this point, if they decided they needed to, they would find a way to do it.

Demand will come back when people stop fucking with the monetary system. There is no point in discussing economies, money or jobs until the monetary policy is stable. Right now its completely out of control.

I think some stimulus would help, but it wont solve anything. It would put some people back to work, temporarily, but it wont solve the underlying problems- monetary/tax/trade/foreign policies.

Its just more fake money being thrown out. An economy based on funny money is not a sound economy.

[Deleted]

[-] -2 points by john32 (-272) from Pittsburgh, PA 11 years ago

Check out this website. Probably the best/fastest one i've been to that goes over why artificially low interest rates and stimulus end up hurting the 99%....and helping the 1%. If you can, make it through the page (shouldn't take more than 10 mins)....real eye opener:

www.hmscoop.com

or just google "hmscoop" and it's the first link "understanding banking".

If the money isnt addressed, then a "living wage" will perpetually be in catch up. Its why it is now. $7.35/hr would have been decent in 1971.

I agree that some of that stuff could be done, and would help. The outsourcing/insourcing thing would be great. But no one is going to move back here when its this chaotic with the money. Getting rid of the high interest credit cards would be good too.

I want all the things you just listed. I would LOVE for even ONE of them to be accomplished by this pathetic administration. But until we address the money here, its going to be more of the same with the bottom playing catch up to the top. Thats just my belief. Not saying you are wrong, or I am right, just saying that if I could get everyone to focus their attention on one thing and one thing only, it would be the central banks/Fed.

[Deleted]

Ya, I would be very happy making the money out thing the number one priority. Its kind of the two things that EVERY person in the country agrees on- the banks are out of control, and $$$ has destroyed the concept of representation.

I would be very happy focusing on any of those. The problem Ive noticed with Occupy, and life in general (myself included) is that focusing on too many things kind of leads towards progress on none of em. Thats my worry with that.

[Deleted]

I agree that there are plenty of people with concern. The problem is that there are not a lot of great organizers to put it all together, and that is just human nature. Which is why I pushed so hard for that two pronged attack- banks and money in politics.

But in the end, I will take any level of activism.

[-] -2 points by john32 (-272) from Pittsburgh, PA 11 years ago

Yeah, as long as we're printing out of our asses.....lets do something useful with it.

[-] -3 points by HCHC4 (-28) 10 years ago

Its been 10 months of this nonsense, almost a Trillion dollars fed into Wall St. The DOW and S&P both are at record levels.

Wall St has never been as successful as it is under this administration.

With the labor participation rate at 30 lows, and stocks at all time highs, when is this trend going to reverse?