Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: 2012: Year of the Police State and Lies?

Posted 12 years ago on Jan. 2, 2012, 11:43 a.m. EST by nickhowdy (1104)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

From UrbanSurvival: http://urbansurvival.com/week.htm

2012: Year of the Police State and Lies?

I'm deeply saddened for the future of this Great Nation when the first bit of news I have to report is that not only did president Obama sign into law the National Defense Authorization Act - which provides for secret abductions and rendition of American Citizens by the military should they be deemed (at the military's whim near as I can tell) to be "enemy combatants but worse - by far - as we reported to Peoplenomics subscribers on Saturday is another attack on Liberty, reposted here because it's a vital public concern:

OMG: Far Beyond the NDAA

Say, watch for this one to pick up and go viral one of these days: HR 3166" The Enemy Expatriation Act" which you should read here (introduced by Rep Charles Dent, democorp, Pennsylvania):

10/12/2011--Introduced. Enemy Expatriation Act - Amends the Immigration and Nationality Act to include engaging in or purposefully and materially supporting hostilities against the United States to the list of acts for which U.S. nationals would lose their nationality. Defines "hostilities" as any conflict subject to the laws of war.

Say what? Not sure how IRS would react to this one, since last time I checked, people who don't have US Nationality would, logically, owe no taxes to the US. Am I right?

But, on a little different level, doesn't this raise the specter of US citizens who engage in peaceful opposition to government policies, once declared by officialdom to exist at the "laws of war" level (declared, not voted on, since Congress abrogated decades back...thinking Gulf of Tonkin timeframe) could be stripped of their Constitutional rights without due process?

I don't know whether it's something in the drinking water in Washington DC or the "security/defense" industry is just showing us how much of congress they own...Hmmm...

Oh....here's what you're gonna hear from TPTB: "Trust us..." You betcha. Like the Germans did 80 years ago?

This greatly disturbs me: Should this second rights theft go through, it would seem that a military decision that you're an "enemy combatant" could strip you of your Citizenship which would forever allow you to be held in detention.

Which gets us to the larger question of "How can we have "enemy combatants" without a formal declaration of war?" It hurts my head and grieves my soul to write these words, but there you have it. Might as well go ahead with the name-change, too: The Corpgov States formerly known as America.

All it will take is some military officer deciding that Occupy is an enemy of America and showing up for one of their demonstrations could someday be classified as an "enemy act" and if (we hope soon to be former) representative Charles Dent has his way, you could be stripped of your USA Citizenship.

Not just Occupy: Notice the FBI reportedly wants "food activists" reclassified as "terrorists" according to this site which is notoriously slow loading but which can be picked up other places like this Google search here.

So goes Life in the Checkbook Republic. Speaking of which...

The Magic of Big Money

In last week's column I advised you to be on the lookout for the arrival of "Big Money" to derail Ron Paul's move to the front of the pack in Iowa. Just listening to radio news reports on Sunday I was shocked at the corporate media/ MSM attention paid to the Newter: Most newscasts of a certain canine related network frequently seemed to lead with fourth-place Gingrich headlines. Ah, the power of friends, huh?

Even Time Magazine puts it as "Romney looks to fend off Santorum, Paul."

The last Des Moines Register polls has Ron Paul just 2 percentage points behind Romney for the lead. If Romney finishes more than 5% out of first, I'll be suspecting "Foul!" Not that it matters...voting has become an illusion to all but the millionaire class.

Meantime, there has been a growing public backlash to reports that the GOP will be doing their vote counting at a secret location. Gee, look surprised: GOP, secret location, yessir, that's their version of transparency and democracy in action these days.

If I had enough money in the checkbook, I'd buy me a congressional seat and long as we're selling out America to scallywags and scoundrels. As least I'd be better qualified than most.

Resolutions that Matter

A couple worth noting: "10 New Years Resolutions for Non-violent Activism" over at Activist Post and along the same lines, my friend Gaye and I have a list of "Nine Resolutions that matter in 2012" over at the Strategic-Living site.

My favorite of the bunch is "Buy a Vote."

If I sound a little dismal at times, it's OK, I'm not the only one to read a little history and connect the dots. Go check out the Dominic Sandbrook column over at the UK's Mail Online here. "The spectre of 1932: How a loss of faith in politicians and democracy could make 2012 the most frightening year in living memory." NSS

Just the Fracs

Yeah, I know the oil industry doesn't like this, but Oilman2 (one of our key sources) says fraccing and quakes are connected. And I mention this why?

"Earthquake in Youngstown, Ohio, interrupts natural-gas drilling operations."

The USGS details are here. But lookie here: Better it's blamed on fraccing than a precursor to a New Madrid quake, right? Don'tcha love an optimist?

To Market, To Market

The US Stock Markets are closed today as this is the day when New Years is observed. On the other hand, Europe is back to work already and mostly up by small degrees, although France was up more than one percent and Germany up nearly two percent when I looked.

Might make for an exodus of cash from the US markets when gambling...er....trading resumes here tomorrow.

Kafka's Life

40,000 new laws have taken effect in the past couple of days.

Ignorance of the law really is an excuse. Even big ones, like letting MF Global go through bankruptcy as a securities outfit instead as a commodities outfit The first saved the bankers, the second could have saved the farmers.

5 Comments

5 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 1 points by nomdeguerre (1775) from Brooklyn, NY 12 years ago

Great post!

[-] 1 points by nickhowdy (1104) 12 years ago

Thank you..George Ure is one of the good guys..

[-] 0 points by ronjj (-241) 12 years ago

I there anyone posting on these forums that would not accept another depression and struggle through it just to watch these educated clowns sell lead pencils on the street corner.

[-] 1 points by nickhowdy (1104) 12 years ago

As they kick the can down the road for a while longer, they will actually be causing an even worse situation. We will have a great depression, because the thing that needs to happen (debt forgiveness) won't. The financial sector of the western world is destroying the sovereignty of nations outright! Instead of fighting brown skinned people in some far off land...Our missiles need to be aimed at the financial terrorists.

[Removed]