Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: 15,000 Jews of Donetsk Threatened With Deportation

Posted 3 months ago on April 17, 2014, 7:17 p.m. EST by ZenDog (13023) from South Burlington, VT
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

To: Jews of Donetsk

Show up at the admin building on Lenin Square, room 514, pay the pro Russian occupation forces $50 per head, or be deported and have your property confiscated.

“Your People’s Governor Denis Pushilin.”

Nazi tactics

The Daily Beast: Jews in East Ukraine Are Being Threatened, But By Whom?

“Last time Donetsk saw similar messages was in 1941, when the Nazi German army occupied Donetsk. It is so painful for us to see that some cynical politicians dare to use us as an instrument in their political games.”

Rabbi Pinhas Vyshedski

The article makes it clear that someone may have engaged in an attempt to discredit the pro Russian faction in Donetsk.

I seem to recall someone running around here whispering very insistently that neonazis are in control of Kiev. I don't happen to have a link handy at the moment, if someone can post a few permalinks to some of those comments I would certainly be grateful.

What I'm wondering is whether or not some bureaucratic employee of the United States Government with intimate knowledge of this possible attempt to discredit the pro Russian faction has used that information in an attempt to discredit the United States Government itself.

That would be an interesting revelation. I mean, just imagine the possible headline -

CIA | DoD Policy of Intervention:

At Home And Abroad

. . . flipper . . .

[-] -2 points by flip (5022) 3 days ago

yes the hard core fascist took over the street and have led this protest to the point of destruction. real Nazis are in control of Ukraine and we have the eu and the west to blame.

23 Comments

23 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 2 points by shooz (17621) 3 months ago

If you watch all of these, you will have clearer picture of how things are there.

See their faces, hear what they're saying.

http://www.vice.com/article/gsearch?q=russian%20roulette%20the%20invasion%20of%20ukraine

For the one on Donetsk.

http://www.vice.com/vice-news/russian-roulette-the-invasion-of-ukraine-part-22?Article_page=5

[-] 1 points by ZenDog (13023) from South Burlington, VT 3 months ago

and on a completely separate note - this leaflet is sickening. Whoever dreamed it up should be shot.

I was just shocked when I heard the news guy say something about Jews forced to register and then I turned up this article. The combination reminded me of comments I'd seen on here and ignored.

Seen on here before the leaflet hit the news, not sure of the exact timing - the article is dated 04.17.14 and indicates the leaflet appeared two days ago, how much time transpired between the article's being written and publication is unknown - the one relevant comment I found is three days old now.

I just find it . . . statistically significant and quite possibly indicative of inside information. Given that the theme of the poster is most often, I think, along a vein of complete discredit of the entire democratic process, to say nothing of the current President - well.

And given the past history of . . . of . . . government intervention and provocation when it comes to protest movements . . . well.

I thought I had found a rather interesting question - regardless of how the answer is formulated.

[-] 1 points by shooz (17621) 3 months ago

I'll keep an eye on Vice and see if they come up with anything.

Groups like that always come to the forefront, in times of upheaval, so it really wouldn't surprise me.

Vice has done some great stuff on Golden Dawn, so they're not afraid to get close enough to such groups, to give a picture of who they are.

I was assuming there is a possibility that Otpor or International Repelican Institute funded the leaflet for some reason. I can't imagine what the calculation might be, I can't imagine anyone really benefits from it.

It takes the heart out of the local Jewish community, but I doubt they are or were going to agitate in either direction.

It just sounded like something conservative U.S. operatives would dream up without thinking, just because it seemed like fun.

And then leak it here first.

[-] 1 points by shooz (17621) 3 months ago

That could be. It could be phony, a trick of any number of propaganda mills, but keep in mind, Golden Down Isn't, so those leaflets could very well be real....

it is possible . . .

According to Rabbi Vyshedski, the press secretary of the self-proclaimed republic, Aleksander Kriakov, is “the most famous anti-Semite in the region.” Vyshedski wondered how separatists who are trying to position themselves as “anti-fascist” and claiming it’s Kiev that’s run by neo-Nazis could pick Kriakov as their spokesman.

that tends to undercut the suggestion that flipper, gippers little lippster has, as an employee of the federal government, engaged in sedition and treason, and done so using government resources.

bah who knows? He might even be innocent. I just liked suggesting it.

[-] 0 points by shooz (17621) 3 months ago

http://www.vice.com/vice-news/russian-roulette-the-invasion-of-ukraine-part-26

whatever else is going on, the Russians are quite busy.

[-] 0 points by ZenDog (13023) from South Burlington, VT 3 months ago

First evidence of Russian boots on the ground - I was going to say Crimea? just to be a smart ass but the people there voted . . . or so they say . . .

So they say. There's a plethora of boots on the ground video and interviews available for anyone who wants to avoid the conspiracy theories.

that was #26.

But it seems many here do prefer those "theories"..

At the end of the video the reporter made the claim that it was first.

In eastern Ukraine.

no I know - I can't remember if they actually said that in the video or not but it really wouldn't matter a whole lot the implication seems kinda obvious.

I was just being a smart ass.

[Removed]

[Removed]

[Removed]

[-] 1 points by stevebol (1269) from Milwaukee, WI 3 months ago

This could have been dreamed up by either side. People can be real a-holes sometimes.

[-] 2 points by ZenDog (13023) from South Burlington, VT 3 months ago

It is also possible we instigated this whole mess. If so, we should understand the entire breadth of particulars behind it from start to finish.

Since we have one libertarian shill running around here attempting to rehabilitate glenn beck while his buddy attempts the same with pat pukecanan I simply cannot resist beating him about the head with the fact that he seemed to know a bit more about nazis in Ukraine than anyone else around here or even the media itself.

Do you have a problem with that?

I dunno when I look around the room here it seems obvious thing one and thing two have been very busy - that goat staring cat in the hat can't be too far . . .

o wait - what'd I do? rense who is that?

right right

and david duke isn't so bad - I found the link from the rense radio home page and the title of the link is really interesting . . . dr-david-duke-a-new-paradigm-for-human-diversity-and-freedom_25223

now I feel really dirty - I think I need a shower - anyone have any bleach? omg . . .

so umm, idunno . . . seems clear . . . right wing scumbags have become dependent on spinning reality right out into lala land. Men Who Stare At Goats actually was a movie. And the CIA really did sell a lotta acid . . .

This is what we get? for our tax dollars over 40-50 years? An inexorable slide into fascism with conservative racists and IRI provocateurs pushing all the way? Complete with a totally trashed forum that was at one time a real time connection to serious grass roots efforts to straighten this shit out?

well.

who knows. maybe I'm all wet.

[-] 1 points by stevebol (1269) from Milwaukee, WI 3 months ago

It's BS.

what's bs. flipper said what he said, and now there is a leaflet circulating. If anything is bullshit it's the leaflet.

[-] 2 points by stevebol (1269) from Milwaukee, WI 3 months ago

The leaflet.

[Removed]

[Removed]

right right the whole thing really is too embarrassing to contemplate . . . but I still have questions . . .

I know I know always with the questions . . .

the International Repelican Institute - is that a private institution?

I still think this whole thing smells like Otpor and the International Repelican Institute - and in fact that's what flippster suggests right here

so how'd he know ta say NAZI

oh, well maybe the possibility is simply so embarrassing we won't discuss it.

but I'm really an obnoxious prick and just don't respond well to those kinds of social cues . . .

but . . . you know . . . the forum doesn't belong to me. it belongs to all you guys. So whatever