Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
We are the 99 percent

3/23 Live Updates

Posted 12 years ago on March 23, 2012, 5:50 p.m. EST by OccupyWallSt

4:59 PM: There is currently no stream that I can find. If you are on the ground or know someone who is on the ground, I would really appreciate someone physically walking up to camera people and asking if they are streaming somewhere. If so, where.

4:53 PM: Barricades appear to be down in Liberty Square. Looking for new stream.

4:51 PM: Occupiers sitting down in a circle inside Liberty Square.

4:01 PM: Because the NYPD needed a reminder last night, I will say this upfront this time. We, the people are the source of your power. Just as easily as we grant you authority, we can just the same unilaterally take it away. Attack us, and we will take your authority from you. This is not a difficult concept to grasp. Government exists by the consent of the governed, and attacking people who are already close to refusing to recognize your authority is not the smartest self-preservation idea.

3:48 PM: Updates from overnight: I am told that the Harlem occupation passed a motion to rename itself "Stop Columbia University Displacement." They have been there one night, I am told. Does anyone have more information on this? I would love to hear from people there.

3:44 PM: Today's coverage is starting. Today is a march from Liberty Square, known to those who serve the 1% as "Zucotti", a name imposed on it by the 1%, to honor the 1%. Seriously, look this guy up.

3/23 NYPD criminal roll call

• Space is blank pending observed instances of armed outlaws in uniform.

3/22 NYPD criminal roll call

• Harris, 768, Grabbed young woman's arm, roughly shoved citizen.
  • Costanzo, 2760, Intimidated press against orders and law.
  • Jurs, 453, Baton out intimidating peaceful demonstrators.

• Frank Balluzzi, Forcibly dismantled sign, stealing the voice of human beings. In doing so, invalidated any employment contract he has with the NYPD.

Got information? Share it with me these ways:

• Comment on the article.
  • Go to the Freenode IRC channel #occupywallst and share.
  • Text +1 (772) 646-4548 if you are on the ground. All information is useful.

5 Comments

5 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 3 points by RonHamilton (19) 12 years ago

The great idea is to continue looking at badge numbers and officer names. And please post them to bring light to the illegal operations of police.

[-] 2 points by Bighead1883 (285) 12 years ago

With social media as it is,your suggestion Ron is very useful.In a peaceful protestation such as this all tools are needed,so name and shame them is a beauty.But I suggest no name and shame without video evidence.

[Removed]

[-] 2 points by nate (48) 12 years ago

Let Freedom Spring!

[Removed]

[-] 1 points by FHampton (309) 12 years ago

Who's been writing these most recent updates? They're awful.

[-] 1 points by hvncb (24) 12 years ago

Suggest you refer to yourselfs as "the people of the state of new york" NOT as one of the citizens. Only citizens can vote because they are owned...see the 14th .amendment of the second, corporate con-stitution.

[Removed]

[-] 1 points by aaronparr (597) 12 years ago

My comment is in response to this: "4:01 PM: Because the NYPD needed a reminder last night, I will say this upfront this time. We, the people are the source of your power. Just as easily as we grant you authority, we can just the same unilaterally take it away. Attack us, and we will take your authority from you. This is not a difficult concept to grasp. Government exists by the consent of the governed, and attacking people who are already close to refusing to recognize your authority is not the smartest self-preservation idea."

While I agree with you in spirit, please understand that our gov't marched away from gov't by consent of the people a long time ago, and while this is not spoken of openly it is tacitly understood by many. It would be easy to simply read a comment like that and disregard the speaker as naive due to non-reality based thinking. If your words were meant to persuade cops, rephrase your words. If it is purely a rhetorical device to frame the discussion around what we are fighting for as well as to reinforce a vision for the world... carry on.

[Removed]

[Removed]

[Removed]

[Removed]

[Removed]

[Removed]

[Removed]